HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Series Thread - WCQF - Nashville wins 4-0 - SWEEP!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-12-2017, 10:45 AM
  #101
glenngineer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 5,722
vCash: 500
Did a little QA with one of the hawks writers. Check it out.

http://blackhawkup.com/2017/04/12/ch...lle-predators/

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 11:28 AM
  #102
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 3,397
vCash: 500
Jarnkrok and Wilson not practicing again today. Uggghhhh.

Is there any chance they are just being careful with them and that they still could play tomorrow??

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 11:30 AM
  #103
MrJoshua
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 1,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Jarnkrok and Wilson not practicing again today. Uggghhhh.

Is there any chance they are just being careful with them and that they still could play tomorrow??
Of course there's a chance. They could also be literally dying and still listed as "questionable". The NHL doesn't like giving out injury details. They could play tomorrow or be one step away from season-ending surgery. No way to tell.

...except, of course, that none of us seem to recall seeing anything that looked like a cause for a severe injury. So I'm not too worried. If they miss, they miss, but I'm hoping they'll be in for game 1.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 11:53 AM
  #104
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 8,605
vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
Of course there's a chance. They could also be literally dying and still listed as "questionable". The NHL doesn't like giving out injury details. They could play tomorrow or be one step away from season-ending surgery. No way to tell.

...except, of course, that none of us seem to recall seeing anything that looked like a cause for a severe injury. So I'm not too worried. If they miss, they miss, but I'm hoping they'll be in for game 1.
Bitetto's skate clipped Jarnkrok in a weird place after a goal against Dallas. I have no idea what Willy's problem is.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 11:59 AM
  #105
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds
 
Scoresberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,806
vCash: 500
No chances without Willy. Jarny is solid, but not irreplaceable.

Scoresberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 12:30 PM
  #106
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 12,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Bitetto's skate clipped Jarnkrok in a weird place after a goal against Dallas. I have no idea what Willy's problem is.
Not even sure that is Jarnkrok's issue. That happened in the 1st period and he finished the game.

Groin kicks are no joke though

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 12:39 PM
  #107
Armourboy
Registered User
 
Armourboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Posts: 3,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoresberg View Post
No chances without Willy. Jarny is solid, but not irreplaceable.
No offense but short of calling up Ribs, he pretty much is right now. That pretty much means either skating Watson as 4th line center or playing Fiddler. Not exactly how I want to be going into a series with Chicago.

Armourboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 12:46 PM
  #108
Preds Partisan
Gunga galunga
 
Preds Partisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Nobody I've talked to has a clue either. Jarnkrok didn't even miss his next shift as far as I know but obviously something popped up later. Wilson? Serious mystery there. Something feels weird about those two situations.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 01:08 PM
  #109
Pred303
Registered User
 
Pred303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, Tn.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,826
vCash: 50
probably both suspended for breaking curfew

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 01:13 PM
  #110
TitansVolsPreds615
Registered User
 
TitansVolsPreds615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Though I doubt he sees the ice....



Last edited by TitansVolsPreds615: 04-12-2017 at 01:20 PM.
TitansVolsPreds615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 01:22 PM
  #111
TitansVolsPreds615
Registered User
 
TitansVolsPreds615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 555
vCash: 500

TitansVolsPreds615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 01:35 PM
  #112
AjaxManifesto
Registered User
 
AjaxManifesto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,822
vCash: 500
Blues fan coming in peace.

Preds are my 2nd favorite team. Nashville is a fun town. I'm hoping we meet in the 2nd round.

Please do all of us not in a big market like LA, NY, CHI a favor and destroy the Blackhawks. I'm also tired of NBC being the Blackhawks' network, so win this series and leave those announcers speechless.

AjaxManifesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 01:57 PM
  #113
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 8,605
vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
Though I doubt he sees the ice....

I have some things I could say about this but won't because it's not hockey related.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 01:58 PM
  #114
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Ugh, we need to take these d-bags down a peg.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 02:03 PM
  #115
Mustard
Registered User
 
Mustard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 318
vCash: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I have some things I could say about this but won't because it's not hockey related.


Yeeeesh I wanna like Toots as he was my favorite player as a kid and am happy he got his life on track but.. Really? Coming from JORDIN TOOTOO?

Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 02:39 PM
  #116
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 8,605
vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
Yeeeesh I wanna like Toots as he was my favorite player as a kid and am happy he got his life on track but.. Really? Coming from JORDIN TOOTOO?
There's no telling where he'd be or what he'd be doing if the Preds didn't intervene with his personal life. Really short sighted thing for Toots to say.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 02:40 PM
  #117
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 3,397
vCash: 500
Just sitting here looking at Chicagoís projected lines and D pairings- maybe itís just me but you look at them compared to us and at least on paper, I really donít think there is a ton of difference in talent and skill between the two. Top to bottom and especially on D, we stack up pretty darn well with them. You can easily make the argument that we have more overall depth. (if we are healthy, which right now is a big if)

They may be a little better, but if you strip away the history and just look at the rosters, there is no way one of them should be a Cup favorite and the other is some extreme longshot with no chance whatsoever.

Tells me a couple of things:

There should not be a 15 point gap in the standings between these two teams. It just further emphasizes how much we underachieved this year. There is no freaking way this should be a 94 point team.

The biggest difference between the teams is they have been there/done that. They know how to win and more importantly they EXPECT to win. When the game is tied 2-2 late in the third, I guarantee you the Hawks (and their fans) fully expect that they will win that game. And that just is not even close to being the case with us yet.

To me that is the biggest hurdle we have to overcome if we are to have any chance at beating them.

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 02:50 PM
  #118
AjaxManifesto
Registered User
 
AjaxManifesto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,822
vCash: 500
As a Blues fan there was nothing better than beating the NHL's favorite sons, the Blackhawks, in round #1 last year. Blues fans were emotionally drained at that point and going on to play the Stars and Sharks was just extra gravy. Do your hockey buddies elsewhere a favor, kick their @sses.

AjaxManifesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 03:09 PM
  #119
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Schroedingers box
Country: United States
Posts: 23,965
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoresberg View Post
No chances without Willy. Jarny is solid, but not irreplaceable.
thats absolutely ridiculous. We almost beat Chicago previously without Shea.

__________________
Surgeon General's Warning: Shea Weber may be hazardous to your health.
PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 03:10 PM
  #120
Montross
Sheltered
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Just sitting here looking at Chicagoís projected lines and D pairings- maybe itís just me but you look at them compared to us and at least on paper, I really donít think there is a ton of difference in talent and skill between the two. Top to bottom and especially on D, we stack up pretty darn well with them. You can easily make the argument that we have more overall depth. (if we are healthy, which right now is a big if)

They may be a little better, but if you strip away the history and just look at the rosters, there is no way one of them should be a Cup favorite and the other is some extreme longshot with no chance whatsoever.

Tells me a couple of things:

There should not be a 15 point gap in the standings between these two teams. It just further emphasizes how much we underachieved this year. There is no freaking way this should be a 94 point team.

The biggest difference between the teams is they have been there/done that. They know how to win and more importantly they EXPECT to win. When the game is tied 2-2 late in the third, I guarantee you the Hawks (and their fans) fully expect that they will win that game. And that just is not even close to being the case with us yet.

To me that is the biggest hurdle we have to overcome if we are to have any chance at beating them.
You are spot on in regards to them underachieving. This team indeed needs to step up and expect to win when it is anyone's game. It's time to put up or shut up.

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 03:11 PM
  #121
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Schroedingers box
Country: United States
Posts: 23,965
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
Though I doubt he sees the ice....

wow, that's kinda dickish to say. Toots is damn lucky to have an NHL contract and he'd be nowhere if the Preds hadn't supported him through rehab.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 04:18 PM
  #122
51
Registered User
 
51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Country: Canada
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
Really hope to see PK's higher gear. Hope he gets under Kane's skin and throws him off his game.

51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 05:38 PM
  #123
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 3,388
vCash: 500

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 05:49 PM
  #124
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 3,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
Though I doubt he sees the ice....


Everyone picking hawks - check
Away team - check
Ex-Player talking **** - check

This is setting up nicely.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 07:45 PM
  #125
klt2001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,623
vCash: 500
Jordin Tootoo was just mad he was traded (which I don't blame him as he seemed loyal to Nashville and wanted to play here) and to me still seems salty about it in his comment. If we didn't trade him though he might not have ever even gotten on the Chicago team so in a way we did him a favor. Guess we will find out if he is on the right side or wrong side of things after this series.


Last edited by klt2001: 04-12-2017 at 07:52 PM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.