HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Habs - Ducks Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2006, 02:33 PM
flying_high

vCash: 500
Habs - Ducks Proposal

Zednik + Kostityn + 2nd round

for

Selanne + Getzlaf

selanne is having a great year but is a ufa and getting older, now 35, would be a good match to play with koivu. Getzlaf could be a great 2nd line center in the future for the habs, i know the ducks maybe reluctant to trade him, but they do get Kostityn, whose also young and may have a bright future ahead, also they get zednik.

Old
02-11-2006, 02:35 PM
Varius

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_high

for

Selanne + Getzlaf

selanne is having a great year but is a ufa and getting older, now 35, would be a good match to play with koivu. Getzlaf could be a great 2nd line center in the future for the habs, i know the ducks maybe reluctant to trade him, but they do get Kostityn, whose also young and may have a bright future ahead, also they get zednik.
Shrooms are cheap up in Montreal this time of year, right?

Ususally, even if it's bad proposal I'd try to offer up something constructive or explain why......but this one makes ZERO sense for the DUCKS and they get severely ripped.

Old
02-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varius
Shrooms are cheap up in Montreal this time of year, right?

For those Habs fan making some of these proposals as of late, that would indeed explain alot of them.

Old
02-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf

For those Habs fan making some of these proposals as of late, that would indeed explain alot of them.
Check out his user name.

Old
02-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Randall Graves*

Selanne >> Zednik

Getzlaf > Kostsitsyn

wow atleast Anaheim gets a 2nd rounder!

Old
02-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Varius

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
wow atleast Anaheim gets a 2nd rounder!
Can we trade it for another Fedoruk atleast ?

Old
02-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

I wouldn't do it from a Habs point of view...even if it wouldn't hurt us at all.

But Selanne is getting old and I don't see much place for him on our top 2 line. We need to develop our younger player so I don't really want Selanne right now.

And I really like Kostitsyn...I think he will be a great player for us. He was impressive when he was in Montreal and we only saw a small part of his upsides.

Add to that the 2nd round pick...I pass

Old
02-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
I wouldn't do it from a Habs point of view...even if it wouldn't hurt us at all.

But Selanne is getting old and I don't see much place for him on our top 2 line. We need to develop our younger player so I don't really want Selanne right now.

And I really like Kostitsyn...I think he will be a great player for us. He was impressive when he was in Montreal and we only saw a small part of his upsides.

Selanne would lead the habs in points by a wide margin, and who cares if he's old? he's not playing like it.

Old
02-11-2006, 04:33 PM
MXD

I don't think it's that "off"... if the ducks still want to cut that payroll, it's about the best they're gonna get.

Old
02-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD
I don't think it's that "off"... if the ducks still want to cut that payroll, it's about the best they're gonna get.
Not only would the Ducks add payroll via this trade, but for what reason would they cut payroll for? To help re-sign Selanne? Oh wait....

Old
02-11-2006, 05:29 PM
sammyp

Send a message via AIM to sammyp
Quote:

When I started reading this thread I though that the thread starter was the most insane person on these boards for thinking that the Ducks would ever consider that trade.

My POV changed after reading Freaky Habs Fan's approach on this deal.

Quote:
....I pass
^^ I'm sorry but, you are an idiot.

Old
02-11-2006, 05:32 PM
sammyp

Send a message via AIM to sammyp
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD
Payroll?

1. They don't need to cut anymore payroll. Burke has said he wants to ADD to the payroll, so more cuts.

2. Selanne makes 1 million and Getzlaf makes some 500K.

3. The Ducks would be adding payroll in this horrible proposal.

PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD, IT'S A JOKE.

Old
02-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Jesus Christ. Do people in the east know anything about the franchises out here? Worst trade I've seen in a month. "Cut payroll"....morons.

Old
02-11-2006, 07:57 PM
ktulu98

Quote:

for

Selanne + Getzlaf

Old
02-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76over39
When I started reading this thread I though that the thread starter was the most insane person on these boards for thinking that the Ducks would ever consider that trade.

My POV changed after reading Freaky Habs Fan's approach on this deal.

^^ I'm sorry but, you are an idiot.
Well, I guess that I know the Habs more then you...

We have so many young players who might have a good NHL career and we have to develop them in the NHL NOW! We can't wait 2-3 years to do that and right now, with Higgins and Perezhogin on our top two line and Plekanec centering the 3rd line, we are playing like in the begining of the year. Why should we change that?

Selanne would be good for us, that's a sure thing but if we keep him 1-2 years, the development of our young player will not be as fast...I don't want that.

As for Getzlaf/Kostitsyn, well right now, Getzlaf is better but he have everything to be an NHL now...Kostitsyn, as a euro player, have to learn the game and he's a project. But after I saw around 8 games of Kostitsyn this year, I have to say that I'm sold on him and I want to keep him because he might be a boom pick...

Bottom line, for this season, I would do this trade, but for the future, never...

So I don't think I was stupid to say that I would pass on that deal...

Old
02-12-2006, 02:18 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:

for

Selanne + Getzlaf

Ducks aren't touching that one.

Old
02-12-2006, 02:47 AM
DuckTales22

I was feeling down today untill I read this proposal that got me laughing. thanks for the pickup.

Old
02-12-2006, 02:55 AM
Garbs

Quote:

Or dear god, I think this is worse than the original post.

Old
02-12-2006, 06:56 AM
Pepper

I'm not sure which is worse, a new Habs poster making an absolutely idiotic proposal or some Habs fans who feel it would screw the Habs.

In short, Ducks would never do a deal that stupid.

Habs poster with 6 posts starting a new thread in trade forum = locked thread

Old
02-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:

for

Selanne + Getzlaf

Clearly this proposal is not even close to what it would take to get the Ducks thinking. And anyway, Selanne loves Anaheim, and the Ducks are still in a playoff race, so Burke likely won't move Teemu.

If for some reason something happens, and Teemu is no longer happy in Anaheim (or the Ducks lose their few games after the break before the deadline, and teams around them win), then Montreal might make a big push for him if Saku and Teemu light it up in Turino.

Perhaps a deal like...

Zednik, Ribeiro, and a 2nd rounder for Selanne?

Now before I'm attacked for trying to give our junk to get Teemu, Ribs has been playing very well lately, and IMO, Zednik had his best game of the year last night. Zeds will be going to the Olympics, so perhaps he'll have something to build on.

If this doesn't do it, perhaps a new package could be designed around a prospect like Higgins or Komisarek, but it would be tough to digest unless the return was really good.

Old
02-12-2006, 10:15 AM
plafleur10

Makes no sense for Habs either!

Selanne can be had for free as a UFA this Summer, so no need to waiste Zednik and a 2nd Rounder.

Habs had teh choice between Kostsisnyn and Getzlaf in their draft year, I still think they made the right pick, his upside is much higher, so Getzlaf for Kostsisnyn does not work either...

Old
02-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleur10
Selanne can be had for free as a UFA this Summer, so no need to waiste Zednik and a 2nd Rounder.

Habs had teh choice between Kostsisnyn and Getzlaf in their draft year, I still think they made the right pick, his upside is much higher, so Getzlaf for Kostsisnyn does not work either...
Burke is going to negotiate with Selanne's agent durring the Olympic Break...and is probably going to re-sign him. Selanne wants to stay in Anaheim.

EDIT: Didn't the Habs offer him more money than Anaheim did during the offseason?

Old
02-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleur10
His contract may be expiring, but I highly doubt he'll be "had for free". I'm thinking Burke will get a deal done by the middle of March.

Old
02-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
I would probably do this deal because of the improvement Selanne brings over Zednik.

But Kostitsyn has really gone a long way down the list on HF apparently. Let me say some players taken after him in that amazing draft year have developt faster but there are no indications this pick was a mistake. This year, he's been up a few games and was surprisingly better than all habs fans were hoping for and the beginning of the year.

Both teams would certainly not trade Kostitsyn for Getzlaf because those arent common practices in the nhl but at this point, their value should remained about the same...

Which mean, if it was possible, i would do a Zednik + a pick for Selanne right now but i see no point in doing so for the Ducks and quite frankly, it's maybe not that huge for the habs either. Zednik, while been an underachiever this year will probably still pot his 20+ goals while missing some games and have been know to be a different player comes playoff time.

As you can see, not nearly as bad as some there are trying to makes this out to be. But this has nothing to do with dumping salary and to an extend no real reasons to be made for the ducks.

Old
02-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Pepper

The proposal is horrible no matter how you look at it. Getzlaf's value is much higher than Kostitsyn's and Selanne (all-time Ducks fan favorite, even when Kariya was there) is currently much better player than Zednik.

Ducks say no to this one.

Closed Thread