HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which of the three youngsters will come back and haunt the Avs?

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 09:20 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Which of the three youngsters will come back and haunt the Avs?

Vrbata, Johansson or Nedorost?

My bet is that if any of them does, it will be Johanson. He seems to have more of the tools required to become a really good player. All of them have suffered pretty big injuries at a very young age though, which usually is a very bad sign.

Old
10-23-2003, 09:27 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Vrbata was a favorite of mine, but he will never develop into an elite scorer. Too much of a perimeter player, not willing to work hard in front of the net.

Nederost--same deal. He showed only brief flashes of talent when he centered Tanguay and Hejduk. But he was a major disappointment in his brief time here. He actually tried to bulk up and all it did was ruin his game. I don't think he'll ever amount to much.

Now...Johansson. One dig on him is his work ethic. He has the size, but does he have the attitude to use it? He looked good at the B &W game I went to this year, so it remains to be seen if he'll pan out. I suppose if I were to bet on it, I'd say he's got the best chance to really make us regret trading him away.

Remember that so far the only prospect Lacroix traded away who's amounted to anything was Mark Parrish. Regehr may yet become the elite defender he was touted to be, but so far hasn't reached that plateau. Denis is good, but inconsistent.

Old
10-23-2003, 10:09 AM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
Vrbata was a favorite of mine, but he will never develop into an elite scorer. Too much of a perimeter player, not willing to work hard in front of the net.

Nederost--same deal. He showed only brief flashes of talent when he centered Tanguay and Hejduk. But he was a major disappointment in his brief time here. He actually tried to bulk up and all it did was ruin his game. I don't think he'll ever amount to much.

Now...Johansson. One dig on him is his work ethic. He has the size, but does he have the attitude to use it? He looked good at the B &W game I went to this year, so it remains to be seen if he'll pan out. I suppose if I were to bet on it, I'd say he's got the best chance to really make us regret trading him away.

Remember that so far the only prospect Lacroix traded away who's amounted to anything was Mark Parrish. Regehr may yet become the elite defender he was touted to be, but so far hasn't reached that plateau. Denis is good, but inconsistent.
I think they'll all come back to haunt Lacroix one way or another. In a few years I'm sure all those guys will be sorely missed in terms of depth and trade flexibility.

Lacroix has given up a lot of young guys who ended up being good in losing trades. Anson Carter, Brent Johnson, Marc Denis, Mark Parrish, Robyn Regehr, Mats Sundin.

Old
10-23-2003, 10:11 AM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
I dont think any of those players will directly haunt the Avs since they are all in the East but performance, probibly Vrbata. 2-3 years from now its going o be Staal to Cole to Vrbata SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but out of the other guys he's traded, Denis is going to haunt the Avs...he's better then Aebischer and will be an all star one day.

Old
10-23-2003, 10:24 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Denis......

but of the three:

Jonas.

Old
10-23-2003, 10:33 AM
Zodiac

Johansson.

Don't think that Vrbata and Nedo will be all that great. I do think that Johansson will be pretty good though. Not spectacular ...but pretty good.

Old
10-23-2003, 11:06 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
I think they'll all come back to haunt Lacroix one way or another. In a few years I'm sure all those guys will be sorely missed in terms of depth and trade flexibility.

Lacroix has given up a lot of young guys who ended up being good in losing trades. Anson Carter, Brent Johnson, Marc Denis, Mark Parrish, Robyn Regehr, Mats Sundin.
I should have specified the trades Lacroix has made since coming to Colorado.

Regehr hasn't yet panned out. He's good, but not great. He could attain that greatness if he adds a bit more dimension to his game. Carter? Well...again, good, but not great.

But let's be serious. You don't honestly think we miss Brent Johnson, do you? He had every chance to make it as a starting goaltender in St. Loo and failed miserably. He's a career backup, nothing more.

Old
10-23-2003, 01:55 PM
Yayo

I think Jonas Johansson would most likely be the one that will come back to haunt the Avs out of those three.

Old
10-23-2003, 02:17 PM
imagine29028

c). Drury

Old
10-23-2003, 03:10 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
I live in Kamloops. I go to alot of the Blazers games. Lacroix should venture out to see Jonas' play because this guy can thread a pass through 3 or 4 players and hit the tape.

He is the Blazers PP QB and he is without a doubt their top player. Christiansen is pouting, and Johansson has stepped up big time for the Blazers, making them a legitimit threat to represent the WHL in Kelowna this spring.

I can't say about the others, but throwing in Joahnsson for pretty much even players in Bates and Kono IMO was way overpaying. Jonas is worth more than a 3rd IMO. Big mistake IMO.

Old
11-11-2003, 01:35 AM
Deader

little update on Nedorost,he played 2 Games so far after his surgery and scored 2 goals,i will keep an eye on him

Old
11-11-2003, 02:58 AM
Upchuck19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan
I live in Kamloops. I go to alot of the Blazers games. Lacroix should venture out to see Jonas' play because this guy can thread a pass through 3 or 4 players and hit the tape.

He is the Blazers PP QB and he is without a doubt their top player. Christiansen is pouting, and Johansson has stepped up big time for the Blazers, making them a legitimit threat to represent the WHL in Kelowna this spring.

I can't say about the others, but throwing in Joahnsson for pretty much even players in Bates and Kono IMO was way overpaying. Jonas is worth more than a 3rd IMO. Big mistake IMO.
The pulp mill in Kamloops has affected your brain, Jonas is a average skater and has never produced the numbers.

Pierre geting rid of Parker will be the biggest down fall, Sharks will kick the avs butt.

Old
11-11-2003, 04:28 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Yes I agree, his bench warming skills in the playoffs will be dearly missed

Old
11-11-2003, 04:37 AM
Jori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen

To be fair Carter and Johnson asked to be traded. The Avs were going to lose Parrish, so they traded him for Fitzgerald (but that did blow up in their face). Sundin was traded because of Forsberg. No way the team at that time was going to be able to afford Sundin, Sakic and Forsberg. Eventually one of them was going to have to be moved. The Denis trade is intriguing because after some time has expired I think it had more to do with attitude than losing a goalie in the expansion draft. Denis wanted to be an NHL starter sooner rather than later. Think about it, Denis is entering his second season as a full time starter. In his first two years with Columbus he split alot of games with Tugnutt. Do you think he would have played that many games while Roy was still here? Denis wanted to play and he knew he was going to have to wait a few more years to become the full time starter and the Avs had the "safety net" in Aebischer.

Old
11-11-2003, 04:43 AM
Jori

In a way losing all three of them hurts because the Avs don't really have a top six forward prospect in their system outside of Svatos. Svatos shoulders and size have to be a concern. I think Budaj is a solid goaltending prospect and the lack of forward prospects is made up by a nice group of defensive prospects. Yet, its curious with the Avs possibly losing Selanne, Kariya and Forsberg in the offseason and with Sakic not getting any younger, that the Avs weakness has to be with the forward pool. If Forsberg does decide to hang them up, the Avs imo are going to have to find a way to keep Kariya.

Yet, if you take a look at this season, the two younger top six forwards in Hejduk and Tanguay have really had good seasons from the start. Its a weaker draft in June, but I hope the Avs hold on to their draft picks this year. They have to start replenishing the forward pospect pool.

Old
11-11-2003, 05:45 AM
DarioinDenver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori_18_23
In a way losing all three of them hurts because the Avs don't really have a top six forward prospect in their system outside of Svatos. Svatos shoulders and size have to be a concern. I think Budaj is a solid goaltending prospect and the lack of forward prospects is made up by a nice group of defensive prospects. Yet, its curious with the Avs possibly losing Selanne, Kariya and Forsberg in the offseason and with Sakic not getting any younger, that the Avs weakness has to be with the forward pool. If Forsberg does decide to hang them up, the Avs imo are going to have to find a way to keep Kariya.

Yet, if you take a look at this season, the two younger top six forwards in Hejduk and Tanguay have really had good seasons from the start. Its a weaker draft in June, but I hope the Avs hold on to their draft picks this year. They have to start replenishing the forward pospect pool.

That's pretty much a summation of it. We can hope that Collins, Skladany and maybe a kid like Vindell can prove to be better than 3rd line forwards as well. But yes, losing Johansson was a big blow because of our top six forward depth. We can only hope of making a trade with Washington that lands their 1st round pick .

Closed Thread