04-13-2017, 02:10 AM
matthole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
Roslovic
Poolman

Is Connor still considered a rookie?
Yes I'm pretty sure, Nylander played 22 last season and was considered a rookie this season, While Connor has played 2 less at 20.

matthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 02:22 AM
matthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoJangelz71 View Post
Ehlers/Scheif/Connor - I think Connor and Ehler's ability to make plays at tops speeds will make them a perfect wing match

Laine/Little/Wheeler - Defacto 1B line

Perreault/Roslovic/Petan - All three can play the center position, strong support for Roslovic to intergrate into the NHL at the C spot, strong skilled 3rd line

Mathias/Lowry/Armia - Why go away from what worked so well, this is a strong strong 4rth line on any NHL team.

Morrissey/Trouba - a true top pairing, possibly top 5 in NHL in the next couple of seaosns.

Enstrom/Buff - Great second pairing

Poolman/Myers - Twin towers

Helly/Carey Price or someone close to that.
Price is the best Goalie in the entire World(Dubnyk and Holtby might challenge but one is nearly as old as the game itself and the other is not going anywhere and might be the product of his system), how do you expect to get someone like Price with a full lineup like this, are we dropping are next six first round picks? I know the Jets need a top end Goalie asap as they are looking like a young version of teams like Chicago, Pittsburgh and Washington in retrospect to our talent, but I don't know if we have the resources or are willing to ruin the team and talent we have in resources towards a Goalie of that calibar. Although I do believe Price is a FA in 2 more years(he could be washed out by then, and will likely be decreasing in production as the top Goalie in the league). I think we pickup a big, smart and experienced Goalie like Bishop and share the starts with Helle(and Comrie in 2 seasons) and hope one of the two(Helle or Comrie) become top notch goalies by then.

Old
04-13-2017, 02:33 AM
matthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveRaven View Post
Wow so we'll be out of it on Jan 28 instead of xmas ?

I am all for this youth movement should have been done a long time ago instead of trying to get that sad sack Atl core to the playoffs. But the expectations are way out line there will be price to pay for having this young of a roster and that price is loses.
Sometimes youth isn't a bad thing, they're cheaper and have less mileage and can sometimes out produce other old good hockey players, I mean Toews was the Captain of his Stanley Cup winning team at like 22 and that age of his didn't seem to hurt his teams success. Not to mention 87 points isn't that bad for the 2nd youngest team in the league, and I've never heard age as an excuse once just bad Goaltending, injuries and a lack of depth in our D Pairings down the line, if that's not persuasive enough how about the fact Columbus is the youngest with the fourth most points(108) in the league and tied the record for the highest win streak(with no top notch talent like talent like Crosby, Kane or McDavid Level talent)

If the skill and talent outways the lack of experience than there shouldn't be to many problems, and I'm sure Wheeler, Little and Perrault have no problem showing the young guys what to do.

Last edited by matthole: 04-13-2017 at 02:46 AM.
Old
04-13-2017, 03:42 AM
Jets4Life

I think Connor will finally break through, and become a star player for the Jets next season. He will push his way to the tip six within one month.

Jets4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 05:52 AM
MrBoJangelz71

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthole View Post
Price is the best Goalie in the entire World(Dubnyk and Holtby might challenge but one is nearly as old as the game itself and the other is not going anywhere and might be the product of his system), how do you expect to get someone like Price with a full lineup like this, are we dropping are next six first round picks? I know the Jets need a top end Goalie asap as they are looking like a young version of teams like Chicago, Pittsburgh and Washington in retrospect to our talent, but I don't know if we have the resources or are willing to ruin the team and talent we have in resources towards a Goalie of that calibar. Although I do believe Price is a FA in 2 more years(he could be washed out by then, and will likely be decreasing in production as the top Goalie in the league). I think we pickup a big, smart and experienced Goalie like Bishop and share the starts with Helle(and Comrie in 2 seasons) and hope one of the two(Helle or Comrie) become top notch goalies by then.
I was joking of course.

MrBoJangelz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 06:27 AM
kelsier

I'm hoping it looks like this (going with what is available without fantasy trades or acquirements):

Laine- Scheifele - Ehlers
Connor - Little - Wheeler
Perreault - Lowry - Armia
Petan - Copp - Matthias

Morrisey - Trouba
Enström - Byfuglien
Stuart - Myers

Meh-Helle
Comrie? / Hutch

Hopefully Laine can return to his natural wing and score even more goals after having a healthy off-season. The line clicked this year so why not next year. My fear is that there's that half-wit Maurice behind the bench (even when he should've been gone a long time ago) and starting line ups are based on the end of this season and instead of Laine playing where he relishes the most, we find him stuck yet again with Little and whoever.

Also Trouba looks like he's ready for the first pairing. I'm sure Maurice still finds a way to give Buff his usual 30 minutes. This would also serve the cause in terms of Trouba actually being willing to stay in the team, although it may be too late for that. People don't forget as easily as they forgive. Of course according to PaMo's playbook the vets need their "artistic freedom" which includes all the time on the ice as they desire. Like with Wheeler, who just needs to be in the rink until exhaustion, no matter how strong the wings are. Only this time around if Laine is back on the left side, at least it doesn't necessarily mean him eating chunks of Patrik's TOI.

As for the power play, well.. could be a lost cause already but ScWheEhlers + Lowry and Buff so the vets are happy apart from perhaps Little who lucks out and joins the lefties on Laine's second PP unit.

Goalkeeping, who needs it. The team simply outscores the opponent. No rocket science needed there.

Phew, dunno was serious there for a minute until I reminded myself that it's Maurice who's pulling the strings. So much talent but when it's all in the hands of one person, almost a guaranteed playoffs could as easily turn out one of the worst seasons in the history. Not getting hopes up unless by some miracle there's suddenly a real coaching staff.

kelsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 10:51 AM
matthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
I think Connor will finally break through, and become a star player for the Jets next season. He will push his way to the tip six within one month.
He's a star(45-60pts) on the top 2 lines for sure, but I don't see more than 30 points if he hovers under under a Top 6 position.

Old
04-13-2017, 11:13 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

I'm interested to see how the top 9 wings form out... there's a lot of moving pieces and variables.

Wheeler was the Jets best winger but had a far tougher year in 5v5 scoring than his usual. He's still the Jets best forward last season in WAR despite.

Perreault had his second worst season in even strength point per hour pace but was still the Jets 3rd best forward and second best winger by WAR. Like Wheeler, Perreault actually has a history of being an elite point producer per hour of ice time. His scoring bounced back to his historical norm onced he healed apparently.

Ehlers and Laine scored a dumpload relative to ice time, but weren't as good in terms of two way games or overall as the previous two players.

Ehlers overall was a lot closer to Wheeler and Perreault, predominantly through drawing a dumpload of penalties (had league's third best minor penalty differential).

Laine's value was a quick riser and he improved on his weaknesses throughout the season, although he has a long way to go to being in the same tier as Wheeler or even Perreault.

Connor is all potential, but he has the speed and skills to be a top nine player, fast on the forecheck and add penalty kill value as well.

Will Wheeler's and Perreault's next season's offense be more like past years and the end of last season, or is this some odd trend down? Will and by how much improvement overall will Laine and Ehlers see?

Who will be the other top 9 winger?

Armia had one of the Jets best defensive games at even strength but lacked offense.

Copp was actually pretty decent on the wing but I prefer him at centre.

Matthias was injured for most of the year even when playing. He scores goals relative to ice time very well but doesn't add much else and is weak defensively.

Petan has two results over his time in the NHL: 50% of his ice time with Thorburn and/or Tanev looking like hot garbage, and 50% of his time with skilled players with elite results that make those players even better too.

Dano meanwhile actually has the best numbers of the ragtag bunch but doesn't seem to garner much faith because of how he looks rather than the results he garners.

Tanev was worse than Thorburn except in penalty differentials.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 11:49 AM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
And you just know Tanev is going to be gifted a spot on the Jets to start the season.

veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 12:10 PM
CaptainChef

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
And you just know Tanev is going to be gifted a spot on the Jets to start the season.
But he's an RFA -- what are the chances he gets resigned? Same with Chiarot -- will he be resigned?

CaptainChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 12:16 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
I don't have an issue with Tanev occupying a PB slot over a kid that needs playing time.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 01:08 PM
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
I don't have an issue with Tanev occupying a PB slot over a kid that needs playing time.
Every year it's "Who cares what sack of crap we have in the pressbox?" and then that sack of crap plays more than half the games...

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 01:25 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Every year it's "Who cares what sack of crap we have in the pressbox?" and then that sack of crap plays more than half the games...
Hahaha touche but given that Tanev doesn't currently fight it may actually work this time....

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 01:26 PM
DRW204

hmmmm

18. One name to watch this off-season: Carolina's Noah Hanifin. He played at least 20 minutes in 10 of the Hurricanes' last 11 games (And came in at 19:58 in the other). I think Carolina would consider moving him if - and only if - an impact offensive forward was coming to Raleigh. So, don't come at them with weak sauce. They are one of the few teams that would even consider this, because they have blue-line depth. But Hanifin has a long, prosperous career ahead of him, and they will not trade him for the sake of it.

DRW204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 03:05 PM
matthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRW204 View Post
hmmmm

18. One name to watch this off-season: Carolina's Noah Hanifin. He played at least 20 minutes in 10 of the Hurricanes' last 11 games (And came in at 19:58 in the other). I think Carolina would consider moving him if - and only if - an impact offensive forward was coming to Raleigh. So, don't come at them with weak sauce. They are one of the few teams that would even consider this, because they have blue-line depth. But Hanifin has a long, prosperous career ahead of him, and they will not trade him for the sake of it.
I don't think that would be worth any of our young studs, I think we are to invested in them already.

Old
04-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Peggy

MP Little Wheeler
Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Connor Lowry Armia

Some how we gotta get Lowry as our 4th line centre

I like Connor on the 3rd for the beginning of the season and work his way up

We should try moving Petan with someone at this point. Feel like he's a waste of talent with the Jets and their the way they manage lines

Peggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 03:42 PM
Whileee

Ehlers--Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Lowry-Armia
Petan-Copp-Matthias

Morrissey-Trouba
Poolman-Buff
Enstrom-Myers

Hellebuyck
Darling

Last edited by Whileee: 04-13-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Saidin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Lowry-Armia
Petan-Copp-Matthias

Morrissey-Trouba
Poolman-Buff
Enstrom-Myers

Hellebuyck
Darling
Clone Wheeler?

Saidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 03:54 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saidin View Post
Clone Wheeler?
Oops, autocorrect goes with the vet. Fixed.

Old
04-13-2017, 03:56 PM
Whileee

I don't mind this 4th line, either.

Petan-Copp-Roslovic

Old
04-13-2017, 04:00 PM
Saidin

As long as we don't have Thorburn, Tanev or Stu anywhere.

Is Tanev that good on the PK? Because no idea why else he has a spot. All he does is skate really fast and hit a person 50% of the time. Seems like a black whole once he has the puck.

Saidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 04:25 PM
Peggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I don't mind this 4th line, either.

Petan-Copp-Roslovic
Does that hurt roslovic becoming a centre?

Peggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 04:32 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy View Post
Does that hurt roslovic becoming a centre?
Don't think so at this stage, but it's a consideration, I suppose.

Old
04-13-2017, 07:42 PM
10Ducky10

I would trade for Jordan Staal and Halak, sign Eaves and Alzner in free agency and ice the following lineup with Dano gone to Vegas and Stu and Tanev with the Moose...

Laine Little Wheeler (I think Laine would do well here)
Connor Scheifele Ehlers (speed kills)
Perrreault Staal Armia (really solid D with a bit of O)
Copp Lowry Eaves (a great 4th line that should get over 10 mins a game)

Morrissey Trouba (25 mins)
Alzner Buff (22 mins)
Enstrom Nogier (13 mins)

Halak Helle

Pressbox Matthias Chiarot Postma

Myers, Petan and a 2018 1st go to Canes for a 3rd in 2017 and Staal and they retain 1m.
A 3rd rounder in 2017 and Hutch for Halak at 30% retained.

This lineup starts making the playoffs next season and should continue to do so for years. Staal is an elite PKer and one of the best two way centers in the league. He will give you around 45 points a game. His line could shut down other lines and still put up oints and this lets Roslo develop properly and Lowry go to the 4th line where he should be. If Halak isn't the answer and Helle/Comrie aren't panning out, go for Raanta or Jones in free agency.

10Ducky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 08:05 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRW204 View Post
hmmmm

This is an interesting idea. If you look just at guys on ELC's, no to Laine and Ehlers, but yes to any other reasonable combination of other forwards.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote