HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NY/Bos/Stl Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Tuukka

vCash: 500
NY/Bos/Stl Proposal

To NY:
S. Samsonov
B. Leetch
B. Jackman

To STL:
2nd Round Pick (NY)
1st Round pick (Bos)
N. Boynton

To Boston:
Marc Staal
K. Tkachuk

The Rangers get Players that will help on there quest for the cup...The Bruins get a top prospect and a vetran forward with a couple years left...The Blues get a good young D-man (to replace Jackman) and early round picks to help rebuild.

Your thoughts.....

Old
02-11-2006, 11:57 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyhannu
To NY:
S. Samsonov
B. Leetch
B. Jackman

To STL:
2nd Round Pick (NY)
1st Round pick (Bos)
N. Boynton

To Boston:
Marc Staal
K. Tkachuk

The Rangers get Players that will help on there quest for the cup...The Bruins get a top prospect and a vetran forward with a couple years left...The Blues get a good young D-man (to replace Jackman) and early round picks to help rebuild.

Your thoughts.....
I can't see St. Louis doing this, at least not the NY trade.

What it looks like is that St.L gives up Tkachuk for a 1st and Boynton, yet only get a 2nd (essentially 3rd) round pick for a younger player in Jackman. Just makes no sense from that point of view, the return for Jackman should (and would) outclass the Tkachuk return, that's the only reason they'd have to trade him.

Old
02-11-2006, 11:57 PM
acr*

I don't see it coming together. I'd think that St. Louis would ask for Staal and not Boynton, and the Rangers wouldn't take Boynton instead of Jackman, which would mean the Bruins would have to add a Mark Stuart type, which won't happen.

Old
02-12-2006, 12:02 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

I wouldn't give up Staal for pretty much anyone cept maybe another blue chip prospect. And I wouldnt give him up for 3 injury prone players either. I have zero interest in Jackman.

Old
02-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
I wouldn't give up Staal for pretty much anyone cept maybe another blue chip prospect. And I wouldnt give him up for 3 injury prone players either. I have zero interest in Jackman.
Zero interest in Jackman? How can any fan of any team have zero interest in Barret Jackman? That's crazy talk.

I Staal pans out to his max potential, you're looking at Barret Jackman. And that's if you're lucky.

02-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Zero interest in Jackman? How can any fan of any team have zero interest in Barret Jackman? That's crazy talk.

I Staal pans out to his max potential, you're looking at Barret Jackman. And that's if you're lucky.
Well, I for one have zero interest in Jackman unless he comes cheap. He's not worth the risk if you're shelling out top prospects or young impact guys as the dude is constantly getting injured.

Also, I consider Staal's potential to be higher than I do of Jackman...

Old
02-12-2006, 01:21 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

He's missed three games this year. He missed most of the season last year after his shoulder injury, but played all 82 the year before. For as physical as he plays he stays pretty healthy.

Old
02-12-2006, 01:37 AM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Sorry, but saying that Staal could pan out to be "Jackman, if you are lucky," is either highly underestimating Staal, highly overestimating Jackman, or likely a combination of both.

Old
02-12-2006, 02:06 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Right back at ya.

Old
02-12-2006, 02:08 AM
Evil Sather
YOU KILL THE JOE

Too complicated.

Old
02-12-2006, 07:19 AM
bb74

so the B's give up a hight first round pick, a #2 rfa Dman; a #3 ufa Dman and a #1 LW....

for....

a D prospect 2+ years out and a #1 RFA LW

This is a joke right???

Old
02-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Dr Quincy

What did Mike O'Connell ever do to you?

Bruins get totally abused. That's a truly horrendous proposal.

Old
02-12-2006, 08:14 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

It's just a mishmash from everyone's point of view. Boston gives up two Dmen without replacing either one of them, the Rangers have no need for either Samsonov or Leetch (and certainly aren't about to trade Staal, a player they believe will be a future core player), STL essentially gives up Tkachuk for a 2nd and a 1st round pick. And, people seem to forget that there's a salary cap, so any deal is going to either need equivalent salaries being dealt, or proper cap space must be available.

Old
02-12-2006, 08:59 AM
remer

All I can say is HolyHanna!!! Poor proposal. Boston gives up a 1st, Leetch, Sammy and Boyton- for Staal and Tychuck- No thank you!

Old
02-12-2006, 09:13 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
To NY:
S. Samsonov
B. Leetch
B. Jackman

To STL:
2nd Round Pick (NY)
1st Round pick (Bos)
N. Boynton

To Boston:
Marc Staal
K. Tkachuk

Your thoughts.....
Not that the return isnt great for Boston (Staal) it is something that we probably could not do if we have a chance at the playoffs. To me the Rangers need to kick in more. They are the ones who are clearly trying to go for it now and if they want three pretty good players they need to give up more than Staal and a second.

The Bruins could probably fetch more if they dealt the three players seperately. Keith Tkachuk is only of interest if we are going to make the playoffs and if we are going to make them we cannot give up 1/3 of our defense.

Old
02-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Sather Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37
Not that the return isnt great for Boston (Staal) it is something that we probably could not do if we have a chance at the playoffs. To me the Rangers need to kick in more. They are the ones who are clearly trying to go for it now and if they want three pretty good players they need to give up more than Staal and a second.

The Bruins could probably fetch more if they dealt the three players seperately. Keith Tkachuk is only of interest if we are going to make the playoffs and if we are going to make them we cannot give up 1/3 of our defense.
The Rangers are actually in a rebuild mode, all this success is a bonus, and I don't believe Sather will be dumb enough to sacrifice any of our future for the playoffs this year. Marc Staal is an absolute stud and is in my opinion untouchable. There is even a small chance he will get a shot with the Rangers this year after his season (not definite), but is an easy lock to make the team next year as a 19yr old. Trading their top prospect (future #1 or #2 D-man) and a 2nd for Two injury prone UFA's and a defenseman with an injury history does not make sense.

Old
02-12-2006, 10:29 AM
flying_high

ur asking the rangers to add almost 9 million in salary by this move, lol !!!! impossible !! these kinda trades dont happen these days. adding 9m$ in salary n giving up marc stall and a draft pick !! lol

ny gets samsonov + leetch + jackman

ny gives up staal + 1st round pick

not happening ....

maybe something like this could have worked:

To Ny
Leetch + Samsonov

To Bos
Staal + 2nd round (2006) + 4th round (2007)

Old
02-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Taz#24

Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
Bruins get fleeced in that deal

Quote:
To NY:
S. Samsonov
B. Leetch
B. Jackman

To STL:
2nd Round Pick (NY)
1st Round pick (Bos)
N. Boynton

To Boston:
Marc Staal
K. Tkachuk

Your thoughts.....
As much as I like both Keith TKACHUK and prospect Marc STAAL, the Bruins absolutely gut their D in this deal. There is no way O'CONNELL attempts to make playoffs with B. STUART as his only legit top four D-man. An agruement can be made that David TANABE is as well but he's more of a #5 guy but looks to be working his way up.

Hal GILL is a #5, JURCINA and ALBERTS can not be counted on as top fours considering they are both in their rookie seasons.

Cut out the middle man...

Sergie SAMSONOV, Andrew RAYCROFT, Nick BOYNTON and Boston's 1st rounder for Keith TKACHUK, Barrett JACKMAN and St Louis' 1st rounder?

Old
02-12-2006, 10:59 AM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
To NY:
S. Samsonov
B. Leetch
B. Jackman

To STL:
2nd Round Pick (NY)
1st Round pick (Bos)
N. Boynton

To Boston:
Marc Staal
K. Tkachuk

Your thoughts.....
I like it, if Boston can keep the first and Samsonov and Boynton and not get Tkachuk.

So that would mean Boston trades Leetch for Staal. I'd do that...

No way St. Louis does this though. I'm sure they want to keep Jackman.

Last edited by 8BostonRocker24: 02-12-2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old
02-12-2006, 11:03 AM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz#24
Sergie SAMSONOV, Andrew RAYCROFT, Nick BOYNTON and Boston's 1st rounder for Keith TKACHUK, Barrett JACKMAN and St Louis' 1st rounder?
Pipe Dream!

St. Louis 1st >>>>> Boston's 1st
Jackman > Boynton
Samsonov and Raycroft > Tkachuk

1000% sure The Blues hang up the phone on MOC if he calls with that offer. I can't see anyway St. Louis trades away their first round pick? Why on earth with a team in need of young talent trade away a top 5 pick?

Old
02-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Tuukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy

You're right.....they should let Sammy walk at the end of the season, let leetch retire, and wait for Boynton to hold out......that's way better.

What did Mike O'Connell ever do to you?

Bruins get totally abused. That's a truly horrendous proposal.

Old
02-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Dr Quincy

Which of these is least preferable:

1) Having Tkachuk on the books next year for $4.00 million
2) Offering Samsonov that same $4 million
3) Having Samsonov walk away and using that $4 million on something else?

I'd say #1 is the worst option.

Meanwhile your trade guts the Bruins defense to the point where they miss the playoffs. Maybe that isn't a bad thing if you want to bottom out and rebuild, but the Bruins clearly aren't thinking that way or they would have traded Thornton for picks/prospects instead of immediate impact players.

Also, who says Samsonov is walking away? He has stated that he wants to stay in Boston: 1/12/06- I like it here, said Samsonov yesterday. Ive played here my whole career and Id like to stay a Boston Bruin. Well see where it takes us. At this point in the season, both sides are not ready to do anything. But like I said, if something can happen, if they want to contact us, were open to discuss it.

And yes, the Bruins would rather try to make the playoffs this year and then let Leetch retire than to trade him and miss the playoffs. The only way the team makes money is if they make the playoffs and Jeremy Jacobs cares about making money.

Your deal doesn't address the Bruins wants or needs and is only designed to make your own team better.

Old
02-12-2006, 01:51 PM
BruinAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24
Pipe Dream!

St. Louis 1st >>>>> Boston's 1st
Jackman > Boynton
Samsonov and Raycroft > Tkachuk

1000% sure The Blues hang up the phone on MOC if he calls with that offer. I can't see anyway St. Louis trades away their first round pick? Why on earth with a team in need of young talent trade away a top 5 pick?
You're dreaming if you think Jackman is better than Boynton.

Old
02-12-2006, 06:03 PM
trublu16

Let me set some of you guys straight, the Blues have no need or no desire to trade Jackman. Especially for the crap that you guys have decided to give up for one of the best young defensemen in the league.

Ask Bertuzzi how much he like to play against Jackman, and that is just one player. I am sure there are more. By the way, if a team wants Jackman, they are going to have to OVERPAY for him.

But this is a trade St. louis will not touch. PERIOD

Old
02-12-2006, 08:49 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinAddict
You're dreaming if you think Jackman is better than Boynton.
I like Boynton as much as anyone... I want to see MOC sign Boynton today to a 5 year contract and name him the Captain for next year in the off season. He's my second favorite Bruin all time next to Cam Neely.

All that being said, there is not a GM in the NHL that would takee Boynton over Jackman though.

Closed Thread