HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers needs...

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2006, 12:33 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Rangers needs...

1. Physical top 6 forward

It's no secret that the team does not have much toughness. I'd love to have a top 6 winger who brings a solid physical game. A guy like Tkachuk would be extremely ideal, though I don't know if he'd come here or if he'd be the right price.

2. #2 center

Now most want a #1 center, but I really don't feel like messing up our #1 line that has just a ridiculous amount of chemistry. Steve Rucchin can only be our #2 center for so long...

3. 3/4/5 or so defensive, hitting d-man

A Ken Klee-ish type of you will. Just someone to give some more stability to the bottom part of our defense.

Offer away.

Old
02-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Metallian*

whos playing #2C right now?

straka, nylander, and sykora all play C...

Old
02-12-2006, 01:11 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallian
whos playing #2C right now?

straka, nylander, and sykora all play C...
Nylander is our #1C

Rucchin usually ends up our #2 C...

Old
02-12-2006, 03:54 AM
xtra

Morrisson for Rucchin and a 2nd

Old
02-12-2006, 07:18 AM
puckgoalnet

Couple of players from Columbus may be good possibilities ... Jan Hrdina & Luke Richardson.

Jan started out slow. It took him a while to adjust to the new rules ... we called him Captain Hook for a while He's adjusted now and seems to always be in the right place. Won't score a lot of goals but is a very complimentary player to the talent around him. Not sure I want him to leave Columbus ... but we have Brule, Fritsche & Svitov looking for spots next year.

I just don't see Luke having a home in Columbus at the end of this season. Other players have stepped up and taken the top spots away. I actually like him in the 5/6 as he provides a nice, steady, reliable presence.

You can probably do better than both of these, but both are steady players that are probably available for relatively cheap. Both contracts are up at the end of this season.

Old
02-12-2006, 07:26 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckgoalnet
Couple of players from Columbus may be good possibilities ... Jan Hrdina & Luke Richardson.

Jan started out slow. It took him a while to adjust to the new rules ... we called him Captain Hook for a while He's adjusted now and seems to always be in the right place. Won't score a lot of goals but is a very complimentary player to the talent around him. Not sure I want him to leave Columbus ... but we have Brule, Fritsche & Svitov looking for spots next year.

I just don't see Luke having a home in Columbus at the end of this season. Other players have stepped up and taken the top spots away. I actually like him in the 5/6 as he provides a nice, steady, reliable presence.

You can probably do better than both of these, but both are steady players that are probably available for relatively cheap. Both contracts are up at the end of this season.
Actually, both players make sense. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers were looking at Hrdina, due his Czech connections, plus the fact that he is a quality faceoff man (one of the Rangers weaknesses.) And, Sather did trade for Richardson while he was in Edmonton, and he would certainly fill the bill as a tough, stay-at-home D-man, who be an upgrade over Strudwick.

Old
02-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Kingler

How about Bertuzzi? Formerly known as Toddamir Bertuzzinsky in his native country...Czech Rep.

Old
02-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

I would definately welcome Hrdina and Richards to the team as long as the cost was low.

Old
02-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Yureeka47*

Send a message via MSN to Yureeka47*
I agree, the Rangers need a physical scoring forward, preferably a second line center.. And they do NOT need a physical defenceman, they need an offensive scoring one.

Closed Thread