HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Loui Eriksson 24p this season

Old
04-14-2017, 09:47 PM
Battle Lin

vCash: 500
hes past his best years, doesnt help that hes on one of worst teams in hockey, but he can still play

Battle Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2017, 09:53 PM
PorscheDesign

Gauranteed he is going to bounce back next season.

PorscheDesign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2017, 10:34 PM
DrRecchi

vCash: 0
Hands down the worst contract given out last season.

DrRecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2017, 05:21 AM
Paralyzer008

Fairly certain he'll rebound, smart player.

He's best suited as a 3rd line RW right now though and his linemates weren't great, the contract isn't grand.

Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2017, 06:04 AM
lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaSwede View Post
Reading hfboards is like reading a book that looks to have 200 pages but someone has managed to write the ending nice and neatly there on page 4 and left the rest blank.

A lot of definitives and conclusions after one season playing for a new team for a notorious slow starter. He'll be better next year.
Hindsight 20/20.

Especially when it comes to Canuck signings. Easy target. Especially if they fail to meet any type of expectation.

It was the asking rate for a player of his level, and as a ufa. He was expected to get exactly around that range and exactly that length. Coming off a 63 point season He just finished strong last year and had prevoius chemistry with the sedins, so why not sign him? A solid 2 way winger, gudbranson was just added.

Yet no one is asking about Andrew Ladd, who had 31 points and already washed up. Hands down hfboards a joke as usual.

lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2017, 07:15 AM
LeafFever

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
Hindsight 20/20.

Especially when it comes to Canuck signings. Easy target. Especially if they fail to meet any type of expectation.

It was the asking rate for a player of his level, and as a ufa. He was expected to get exactly around that range and exactly that length. Coming off a 63 point season He just finished strong last year and had prevoius chemistry with the sedins, so why not sign him? A solid 2 way winger, gudbranson was just added.

Yet no one is asking about Andrew Ladd, who had 31 points and already washed up. Hands down hfboards a joke as usual.
There was a lot of talk on HF about Ladd earlier. He got his own threads about how bad he was.http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2142945
There is no hindsight 20/20 with the Canucks. They should not be signing a guy in his 30's with a concussion history to a big 6 year deal. Rebuilding teams should never do that. That's why people are hard on the Canucks about the signing. I can't think of any talk from non Canuck fans who thought in July that was a smart signing.

LeafFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2017, 09:50 AM
the edler
Cory Schneider fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomfield View Post
Washed up?
No. This is his true self. His prior career was a fraud.

the edler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 05:43 AM
Canucks1096

Eriksson had the same problem Vrbata had. Being a sniper with no playmaking center to play with.

Sedins are so slow now so they need a winger who is really fast to get in the forecheck and dig for lose picks to give to the Sedins. Eriksson is not that type of player so he can't play with H Sedin

Sutter has no playmaking at all. Sutter and a goal scoring winger shouldn't play on the same line

Horvat had a good season but the problem is he not a playmaking center. He likes to make a lot of power moves and bring the puck to the net.

Canucks1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 04:30 AM
CurtisLoew

I've always felt like this was a signing by ownership and not Benning. We didn't need Eriksson, even if he had turned out good.

CurtisLoew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 11:44 AM
Bovinder Horvatji

Honestly, I think the World Hockey Tournament messed up the twins and Eriksson (although they are likely too proud to admit it).

At their age, they are better off resting in the off-season as much as possible as opposed to playing these types of tournaments.

The twins and Eriksson are well past their primes, but I strongly suspect that all three will be much better next season.

Bovinder Horvatji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 11:47 AM
Jonas1235

Linden thinks their a model franchise.

Jonas1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 11:54 AM
LeafsRockForBabcock
We have good people.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas1235 View Post
Linden thinks their a model franchise.
If their goal is to be the next Oilers or Leafs then I agree.

LeafsRockForBabcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 11:57 AM
Dustin

Lots of Canucks fans were a little wary of this contract when it was signed.

I would say he should bounce back a little and he is a smart player so he'll always have that but I doubt as many have that he will live up to that contract.

Dustin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 02:35 PM
SatanwasaSlovak

He should've done a lot better.

SatanwasaSlovak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 06:54 PM
ScaredStreit

vCash: 807
Eriksson's only 31, so I think it's a little early to call him washed up. I think he just needs a change of scenery (all really the Canucks as a whole do).

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 08:20 PM
Paulinvancouver
Benning Supporter

Owners completely resisted doing a rebuild right up until the trade deadline this year.

Because the owners demanded playoff revenue and we didn't have a playof team they had to make a play in free agency. It was either him or Looch. both had market value ~$6M. Lots of discussions here I'm sure can back that up. If we did overpay it wasn't by much. Loui with previous chemistry with the sedins was the logical choice at the top end of the market last summer.

Yes, the fans wanted a rebuild, some of us from several years ago. Yes, no fan wanted either Loui or Looch signed but were stuck with him now.

****** team, ****** coach, ****** luck this year. I'm predicting a very small bounce back for Loui but still not expecting much.

Now that we are officially in a rebuild, I agree with the poster above who said Louis salary won't hurt us much for the next few years.

What bugs me the most is his apparent complete disengagement with everything surrounding the team. He never does media. I don't get the impression he is friends with his teammates. I want the guy to do more than just fog a mirror.

Last edited by Paulinvancouver: 04-21-2017 at 08:31 PM.
Paulinvancouver is offline   Reply With Quote