HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey's future releases 2003-04 NHL organizational rankings!

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 08:07 PM
Mathieu Lavergne
AKA Saku K.

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Mathieu Lavergne
Hockey's future release 2003-04 NHL organizational rankings!

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1775600

Habs are third behind the Kings and Hawks.

3. Montreal Canadiens

Andrei Kastsitsyn, LW — Kastsitsyn is an excellent puck-handler, with above-average speed. What sets him apart from other players is his ability to handle the puck at top speed.

Mike Komisarek, D — Komisarek is an aggressive player who loves to hit. He is a strong skater, with surprising mobility for a player his size. Plays a patient game when necessary, and is able to make a solid first pass out of the defensive zone.

Ron Hainsey, D — Hainsey is a puck-moving defenseman, with solid skating, good lateral movement, and a quick, smooth stride. He has great vision, and hockey sense.

Alex Perezhogin, RW — Perezhogin is a speedy winger who possesses decent size and great goal-scoring ability. Alexander skates very well and uses his strong acceleration to create scoring chances.

Chris Higgins, C — Higgins is a very intelligent all-around pivot. His stickhandling is above average and has good skating ability. He shows good instincts and on-ice vision

Old
10-23-2003, 12:11 AM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku K.
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1775600

Habs are third behind the Kings and Hawks.

3. Montreal Canadiens

Andrei Kastsitsyn, LW — Kastsitsyn is an excellent puck-handler, with above-average speed. What sets him apart from other players is his ability to handle the puck at top speed.

Mike Komisarek, D — Komisarek is an aggressive player who loves to hit. He is a strong skater, with surprising mobility for a player his size. Plays a patient game when necessary, and is able to make a solid first pass out of the defensive zone.

Ron Hainsey, D — Hainsey is a puck-moving defenseman, with solid skating, good lateral movement, and a quick, smooth stride. He has great vision, and hockey sense.

Alex Perezhogin, RW — Perezhogin is a speedy winger who possesses decent size and great goal-scoring ability. Alexander skates very well and uses his strong acceleration to create scoring chances.

Chris Higgins, C — Higgins is a very intelligent all-around pivot. His stickhandling is above average and has good skating ability. He shows good instincts and on-ice vision
Nice looking 2007 1st Line

Old
10-23-2003, 01:41 AM
SwedenRulez

vCash:
Good to see that the Habs were 4th in the previous ranking and now we are 3rd. I don't understand why they don't mentionned Michael Ryder, is he a prospect?

Old
10-23-2003, 03:01 AM
habsfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedenRulez
Good to see that the Habs were 4th in the previous ranking and now we are 3rd. I don't understand why they don't mentionned Michael Ryder, is he a prospect?
He is a rookie, and they probably didnt mention him because of a lack of space, they could have also mentioned Hossa

Old
10-23-2003, 03:39 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I don't think Ryder is a "rookie". By status of the NHL he is because he has never played in the NHL before, but I think by the time you reach 23 years of age you are no longer considered a prospect, so he isn't a rookie really.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:07 AM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
I don't think Ryder is a "rookie". By status of the NHL he is because he has never played in the NHL before, but I think by the time you reach 23 years of age you are no longer considered a prospect, so he isn't a rookie really.
What do you mean he isn't a rookie, this is his first season in the NHL...hence the term ROOKIE

Unbiased Canadian

Old
10-23-2003, 06:14 AM
Habs4ever

I think Age might have been factor!!

For Ryder not being mentioned as he's 23 years old and if i'm right they cut off prospect status on HF after the age of 22.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:15 AM
ShootOut

Send a message via ICQ to ShootOut Send a message via MSN to ShootOut
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe

You can be considered as a rookie if you are under 27 when you play your first season, or so says my keyboard.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:17 AM
Habs4ever

Well I'm happy we are getting notice from other

people other then habs fan for our success in drafting great talent, hope this continues as if we were to continue at this pace then we'll be second in the rankings by next year, and we haven't even played that brutal like other bottom ranked teams either and we still end up with high end potential in guys we draft, we are pretty much set to take reign from senators as the best all around drafting club.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:37 AM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootOut
You can be considered as a rookie if you are under 27 when you play your first season, or so says my keyboard.
Pretty sure you're right. They changed it after 90 when Makarov won it. It was his first season over from Russia and he was 32.

Side note: I was on hockeydb to find out how old Makarov was and came across the CKSA team from 89-90:
Makarov, Larionov, Kamensky, Bure, Mogilny, Federov, Fetisov, Malakhov, Konstantinov, Zubov, Krutov, Kravchuk, Zelepukin, Kovalenko, Mirinov.

Mind boggling how good a team they must have been!

Old
10-23-2003, 06:46 AM
hockey_nut

It's all about patience kids... can't wait for all of them to be regulars.

Old
10-23-2003, 07:06 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
For Ryder not being mentioned as he's 23 years old and if i'm right they cut off prospect status on HF after the age of 22.

24. Ryder could have been on the list. I don't know who did the list, but if it were me Ryder wouldn't be on it. I just don't see how he is better then any of Komo, Kasty, Perezhogin, Hainsey, Higgins.

Old
10-23-2003, 08:26 AM
habsfansam

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
24. Ryder could have been on the list. I don't know who did the list, but if it were me Ryder wouldn't be on it. I just don't see how he is better then any of Komo, Kasty, Perezhogin, Hainsey, Higgins.
Totally agree... the list reads as a who's who of top-end talent, and while i believe that Ryder is a very important part of the habs having solid scoring, grinding depth players (a la McCarty or Draper) he doesn't qualify as one of those guys who will score 60-90pts yearly for his career. Actually the we're doing really well considering that when you get past the guys listed, we're just as deep, if not deeper than the Penguins and the Kings. Those depth guys are the ones that will see us returned to a strong franchise... that and we seem to be drafting better than most teams in the NHL. Congrats to Andre Savard on his risk taking with guys like Perezhogin (who was considered a risk at the time) and Kastsitsyn (who's doing great in Russia!)!!

Good to see Balej and Plekanec doing well in Hamilton!

GO HABS!!

Old
10-23-2003, 08:27 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
good point

Old
10-23-2003, 09:03 AM
Le Gross Pork

vCash:
Idiots in the office are just as hazardous to your health as cigarettes, caffeine or greasy food, an eye-opening new study reveals. In fact, those dopes can kill you!

Stress is one of the top causes of heart attacks -- and working with stupid people on a daily basis is one of the deadliest forms of stress, according to researchers at Sweden's Lindbergh University Medical Center.

The author of the study, Dr. Dagmar Andersson, says her team studied 500 heart attack patients, and were puzzled to find 62 percent had relatively few of the physical risk factors commonly blamed for heart attacks.

"Then we questioned them about lifestyle habits, and almost all of these low-risk patients told us they worked with people so stupid they can barely find their way from the parking lot to their office. And their heart attack came less than 12 hours after having a major confrontation with one of these oafs.

"One woman had to be rushed to the hospital after her assistant shredded important company tax documents instead of copying them. A man told us he collapsed right at his desk because the woman at the next cubicle kept asking him for correction fluid -- for her computer monitor.

"You can cut back on smoking or improve your diet," Dr. Andersson says, "but most people have very poor coping skills when it comes to stupidity -- they feel there's nothing they can do about it, so they just internalize their frustration until they finally explode."

Stupid co-workers can also double or triple someone's work load, she explains. "Many of our subjects feel sorry for the drooling idiots they work with, so they try to cover for them by fixing their mistakes. One poor woman spent a week rebuilding client records because a clerk put them all in the 'recycle bin' of her computer and then emptied it -- she thought it meant the records would be recycled and used again."

Old
10-23-2003, 11:31 AM
Corey

For all we know Ryder may have a better NHL career than some of those others. There are no guarantees that highly touted prospects will make it big. Look at Alexandre Daigle, for instance.

Closed Thread