HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

5 questions with Pleau

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Guy Legend

vCash: 500
5 questions with Pleau

Larry Pleau answers 5 questions with the PD

Of particular interest:

Quote:
We struggled this year, we're probably going to struggle a little bit next year, but then I see our team will start to come back into it. That's what it's about ... take advantage of getting the lower picks. That's why the picks in the (Doug) Weight trade were so important for us ... really important for this franchise to take this next step over the next 1 1/2 to two years.
This gives us a good idea of what the expected rebuilding process will take. Another year of getting things back up to speed.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...B?OpenDocument

Also, it's expected that some of the younger players (Stempniak, Glumac, etc.) are sent down to Peoria to keep playing during the olympic break. Personally, I hope that when the games resume, Sejna is sent up for the rest of the season (currently has a injured foot). I'd like to see him take on McAmmond's or Young's role (after one/both are traded). That would mean not playing on a line with Johnson or Rycroft.

Old
02-12-2006, 06:23 PM
St.Louis sports fan

vCash: 500
I agree 100 % on Sejna. Either play him on a line other than Johnson's or put him in a deal with Young or McAmmond to sweeten the return value. The younger players have proven time and again that when given a chance to succeed they have produced. Wideman has been everything we thought Brewer would be. Stempniak has showed the ability to generate offense from a third line. Sanford has been nothing short of amazing. Bacashihua showed he at least can be a backup in th NHL. McClement has really been underrated, even on this board. He would be an ideal candidate to take over Johnson's line next year when we could actually have enough skill for 4 scoring lines. The Blues are definitely on the right track. Let's just hope it doesn't take as long as the Penguins, although Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, and probably Erik Johnson would look really good in Blue.

Closed Thread