HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, NHL revenues, relocation and expansion.

NHL TICKET PRICE (Average by Team)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2017, 10:37 PM
  #1
alpine4life
Registered User
 
alpine4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,476
vCash: 500
NHL TICKET PRICE (Average by Team)

I'm not sure if this is the proper location for this thread or if there's anyone interested in this...


TEAM
2015/16
2016/17
DIFF
DIFF-%
Leafs$329.78$377.71$47.9314.53%
Rangers$255.35$317.75$62.4024.44%
Blackhawks$289.40$297.27$7.872.72%
Canadiens$241.92$232.21-$9.71-4.01%
Oilers$185.43$207.27$21.8411.78%
Flames$208.29$186.45-$21.84-10.49%
Bruins$166.86$177.98$11.126.66%
Wild$155.98$174.55$18.5711.91%
Stars$134.92$168.85$33.9325.15%
Kings$136.10$167.92$31.8223.38%
Jets$190.61$161.75-$28.86-15.14%
Avalanche$118.23$159.19$40.9634.64%
Senators$122.70$153.51$30.8125.11%
Penguins$139.04$149.42$10.387.47%
Capitals$129.70$144.87$15.1711.70%
Predators$125.87$144.59$18.7214.87%
Sabres$136.58$136.89$0.310.23%
Red Wings$123.46$133.87$10.418.43%
Canucks$203.74$130.62-$73.12-35.89%
Islanders$134.79$119.66-$15.13-11.22%
Blues$118.12$115.19-$2.93-2.48%
Blue Jackets$91.36$111.54$20.1822.09%
Flyers$123.64$107.44-$16.20-13.10%
Lightning$98.90$106.53$7.637.71%
Devils$116.99$104.93-$12.06-10.31%
Sharks$96.81$102.95$6.146.34%
Hurricanes$69.64$101.31$31.6745.48%
Coyotes$88.79$98.20$9.4110.60%
Panthers$88.82$95.14$6.327.12%
Ducks$98.87$89.09-$9.78-9.89%

alpine4life is offline  
Old
04-14-2017, 11:14 PM
  #2
kdb209
Global Moderator
 
kdb209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 16,222
vCash: 500
Source?

kdb209 is offline  
Old
04-14-2017, 11:21 PM
  #3
hansomreiste
Registered User
 
hansomreiste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pyongyang
Country: North Korea
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
Please excuse my ignorance but is this... per game? So... People in Toronto pay 377 USD on average just... for one game? Really?

hansomreiste is offline  
Old
04-14-2017, 11:40 PM
  #4
sharkhawk
Registered User
 
sharkhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Aurora, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
This has to be secondary market prices.

Hawks official season ticket prices

100-level platinum: $475 per game ($20,900 for the full season)

100-level tier 1: $215 ($9,460)

100-level tier 2: $200 ($8,800)

100-level tier 3: $155 ($6,820)

200-level tier 1: $150 ($7,600)

200-level tier 2: $130 ($6,720)

300-level tier 1: $97 ($4,268)

300-Level tier 2: $77 ($3,388)

300-Level tier 3: $55 ($2,420)

Season ticket holders get a discount over single-game ticket buyers, ranging from 7 to 29 percent.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...318-story.html

So there is no way the average face value of a ticket is $300.00, closer to $100.00. Sheesh, I remember my first season tickets were $8.00 a game, and my Dad's buddy had a seat on the glass for $75.00 a game. I'm getting old.


Last edited by sharkhawk: 04-14-2017 at 11:46 PM. Reason: add comment
sharkhawk is online now  
Old
04-14-2017, 11:50 PM
  #5
Gnashville
Gold on the Ceiling
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rinne's Glove Side
Country: United States
Posts: 9,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
I'm not sure if this is the proper location for this thread or if there's anyone interested in this...


TEAM
2015/16
2016/17
DIFF
DIFF-%
Leafs$329.78$377.71$47.9314.53%
Rangers$255.35$317.75$62.4024.44%
Blackhawks$289.40$297.27$7.872.72%
Canadiens$241.92$232.21-$9.71-4.01%
Oilers$185.43$207.27$21.8411.78%
Flames$208.29$186.45-$21.84-10.49%
Bruins$166.86$177.98$11.126.66%
Wild$155.98$174.55$18.5711.91%
Stars$134.92$168.85$33.9325.15%
Kings$136.10$167.92$31.8223.38%
Jets$190.61$161.75-$28.86-15.14%
Avalanche$118.23$159.19$40.9634.64%
Senators$122.70$153.51$30.8125.11%
Penguins$139.04$149.42$10.387.47%
Capitals$129.70$144.87$15.1711.70%
Predators$125.87$144.59$18.7214.87%
Sabres$136.58$136.89$0.310.23%
Red Wings$123.46$133.87$10.418.43%
Canucks$203.74$130.62-$73.12-35.89%
Islanders$134.79$119.66-$15.13-11.22%
Blues$118.12$115.19-$2.93-2.48%
Blue Jackets$91.36$111.54$20.1822.09%
Flyers$123.64$107.44-$16.20-13.10%
Lightning$98.90$106.53$7.637.71%
Devils$116.99$104.93-$12.06-10.31%
Sharks$96.81$102.95$6.146.34%
Hurricanes$69.64$101.31$31.6745.48%
Coyotes$88.79$98.20$9.4110.60%
Panthers$88.82$95.14$6.327.12%
Ducks$98.87$89.09-$9.78-9.89%
Is this is resell prices and are they in US or CAD dollars or both dollars?

Gnashville is offline  
Old
04-15-2017, 12:28 AM
  #6
alpine4life
Registered User
 
alpine4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Is this is resell prices and are they in US or CAD dollars or both dollars?
Official secondary market and prices are per currency

A 10M Karsson doesnt have the same value for OTT that he does for FLA (lets say)


Last edited by alpine4life: 04-15-2017 at 12:41 AM.
alpine4life is offline  
Old
04-15-2017, 12:30 AM
  #7
USAUSA1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
"Average"? Or do you mean average of most expensive tickets?

Last year average ticket prices was $62 for the entire league.

USAUSA1 is offline  
Old
04-15-2017, 12:34 AM
  #8
alpine4life
Registered User
 
alpine4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAUSA1 View Post
"Average"? Or do you mean average of most expensive tickets?

Last year average ticket prices was $62 for the entire league.
Title should have said secondary market

EDIT: but seriously, 62$ seems low for Canada, all 3 arenas that I've went too were in the 90$ mark and all 3 were upper bowl tickets


Last edited by alpine4life: 04-15-2017 at 12:41 AM.
alpine4life is offline  
Old
04-15-2017, 12:50 AM
  #9
Aerolanche
Registered User
 
Aerolanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,996
vCash: 500
This can't be right. I am no economist but it seems to me that the secondary market would reflect the team's performance better than the original sale prices set by the teams. With that in mind, Colorado and Carolina were by far the two largest increases from last season to this season? I understand that me buying the cheap seats doesn't reflect the average prices (maybe someone posted a ticket for some obscenely high price?), but I don't think I paid more than $20 for any Avs game this season. I even had trouble giving away free tickets.

__________________
Aerolanche is offline  
Old
04-15-2017, 01:20 AM
  #10
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian
 
Fenway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston-Cambridge MA
Country: United States
Posts: 22,844
vCash: 10000000
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhawk View Post
Sheesh, I remember my first season tickets were $8.00 a game, and my Dad's buddy had a seat on the glass for $75.00 a game. I'm getting old.
In 1974 I had seats next to the goal judge at Boston Garden - $7.50 a game.


Fenway is online now  
Old
04-15-2017, 01:28 AM
  #11
AdmiralsFan24
Registered User
 
AdmiralsFan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 10,282
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
If I'm to believe these numbers then I would have the believe the average cost of an NHL ticket rose 158% league wide in the last two seasons, so, needless to say, I don't believe it.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now  
Old
04-15-2017, 02:52 AM
  #12
kaiser matias
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,595
vCash: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerolanche View Post
This can't be right. I am no economist but it seems to me that the secondary market would reflect the team's performance better than the original sale prices set by the teams. With that in mind, Colorado and Carolina were by far the two largest increases from last season to this season? I understand that me buying the cheap seats doesn't reflect the average prices (maybe someone posted a ticket for some obscenely high price?), but I don't think I paid more than $20 for any Avs game this season. I even had trouble giving away free tickets.
I also have trouble believing the Senators both had prices rise 25% from last year, and were selling for an average of $150 per ticket. They had serious trouble selling tickets in general, and I don't think many would be willing to pay that much for on the secondary market when you could get them from the team for far less.

Without any sources or methodology to back this up, these numbers are highly suspect and effectively useless.

kaiser matias is offline  
Old
04-15-2017, 11:27 AM
  #13
blues10
Registered User
 
blues10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,298
vCash: 500
For primary tickets I can only speak for the Jets but ticket prices both walk-up and STH have increased every season by about 3% or 14-17% overall since 2011. Of course, there would be a decrease in ticket prices in relation to the value of the Canadian dollar in comparison to the US dollar.

The Jets will always do poorly on the secondary market as selling tickets above face value in the Province of Manitoba is illegal as in the past those caught doing so have had their season tickets taken away by the Jets. Until the law is changed the Jets will never show well on the secondary ticket market.

As for the other teams................something just does not add up here.

blues10 is offline  
Old
04-15-2017, 11:46 AM
  #14
TheMoreYouKnow
Registered User
 
TheMoreYouKnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Eire
Posts: 11,200
vCash: 500
If the average price for a Leafs ticket is close to 400 bucks, how much do you pay for the good seats?

TheMoreYouKnow is online now  
Old
04-15-2017, 12:27 PM
  #15
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor
 
rojac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
OP, please give the source for these numbers so that we can discuss them in their proper context.

rojac is offline  
Old
04-15-2017, 12:33 PM
  #16
Killion
Global Moderator
 
Killion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 32,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
OP, please give the source for these numbers so that we can discuss them in their proper context.
Indeed, please do, have been awaiting your response to that rather critically fundamental question since lastnight (4/14/17).... For now, Closed... will re-open if source provided is legit & can be verified.

Killion is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.