HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

2016-2017 St. John's IceCaps & Brampton Beast Off-season Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2017, 11:42 AM
  #51
Agalloch
EliteProspects
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lachute, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500
I'm surprised Juulsen is not signed to a ATO to finish the year with IceCaps.

Agalloch is offline  
Old
04-18-2017, 12:12 PM
  #52
ValorJames
Registered User
 
ValorJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lima Peru
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,039
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch View Post
I'm surprised Juulsen is not signed to a ATO to finish the year with IceCaps.
Yes I'm surprised also. It was reported that Juulsen said things were still up in the air on the 15th about joining the IceCaps.

must be thick smokey air in Habs land


ValorJames is offline  
Old
04-18-2017, 12:15 PM
  #53
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch View Post
I'm surprised Juulsen is not signed to a ATO to finish the year with IceCaps.
He already has a contract

HCH is offline  
Old
04-18-2017, 12:40 PM
  #54
Agalloch
EliteProspects
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lachute, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
He already has a contract
I know, but his junior career is over. He should go at least practice with Icecaps. I don't understand, even Audette joined the team last year after Sherbrooke was eliminated.

Agalloch is offline  
Old
04-18-2017, 02:38 PM
  #55
Bacchus1
Registered User
 
Bacchus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 1,481
vCash: 500
International play?

Bacchus1 is offline  
Old
04-18-2017, 03:11 PM
  #56
Homme de la Meduse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,296
vCash: 500
Maybe he is nursing injuries right now.

Homme de la Meduse is offline  
Old
04-19-2017, 11:58 AM
  #57
NA Scouting
Registered User
 
NA Scouting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,221
vCash: 500
It's a bit of a mystery to me why Juulsen and McCarron are not in St-John's right now.

NA Scouting is offline  
Old
04-19-2017, 12:26 PM
  #58
IceCapsHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
IceCaps Sign Defenceman Victor Mete to ATO

Source: http://www.stjohnsicecaps.com/articl...r-mete-to-ato/

IceCapsHabs is offline  
Old
04-19-2017, 12:27 PM
  #59
Agalloch
EliteProspects
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lachute, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCapsHabs View Post
IceCaps Sign Defenceman Victor Mete to ATO

Source: http://www.stjohnsicecaps.com/articl...r-mete-to-ato/
Good move but it's still puzzling me why Juulsen is not there.

Agalloch is offline  
Old
04-19-2017, 01:34 PM
  #60
KawaYui
Registered User
 
KawaYui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,389
vCash: 500
Im guessing Juulsen is injured

KawaYui is offline  
Old
04-19-2017, 01:57 PM
  #61
Agalloch
EliteProspects
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lachute, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaYui View Post
Im guessing Juulsen is injured
Yea, most likely.

Agalloch is offline  
Old
04-19-2017, 02:18 PM
  #62
montreal
Global Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 31,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenhands View Post
Im not sure Mete cant crack that line-up over a guy like Brouillette..
it will be interesting to see what they do now the Mete will be there. I think he has to play since he's one of your top prospects but the problem is who do they take out unless they dress 7 D. I assume it would be Lowe but he's played solid, Hanley has been good and Brouillette gives them a veteran presence although they have Redmond who's been ok.

montreal is offline  
Old
04-19-2017, 02:51 PM
  #63
Adam Michaels
Registered User
 
Adam Michaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,229
vCash: 500
Very excited with this. And the fact they signed him a day after being eliminated from the OHL Playoffs and Juulsen is still not with the Ice Caps while he's been on vacation longer leads me to believe Juulsen is nursing an injury.

If Ice Caps find a way to beat Syracuse, they will face either Toronto or Albany.



Adam Michaels is online now  
Old
04-19-2017, 02:52 PM
  #64
pled
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
it will be interesting to see what they do now the Mete will be there. I think he has to play since he's one of your top prospects but the problem is who do they take out unless they dress 7 D. I assume it would be Lowe but he's played solid, Hanley has been good and Brouillette gives them a veteran presence although they have Redmond who's been ok.
I believe that lowe didier are too good together to let them go for a rookie. Brouillette is the most likely to leave his place for a rookie on the defense but since they have juulsen I don't see room for mete yet.

pled is offline  
Old
04-19-2017, 03:08 PM
  #65
Adam Michaels
Registered User
 
Adam Michaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,229
vCash: 500

Adam Michaels is online now  
Old
04-19-2017, 03:09 PM
  #66
Adam Michaels
Registered User
 
Adam Michaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pled View Post
I believe that lowe didier are too good together to let them go for a rookie. Brouillette is the most likely to leave his place for a rookie on the defense but since they have juulsen I don't see room for mete yet.
Juulsen hasn't been brought in. At least they haven't announced anything, which would be surprising if he was there and they didn't announce it.

Adam Michaels is online now  
Old
04-19-2017, 03:51 PM
  #67
Agalloch
EliteProspects
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lachute, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500

Agalloch is offline  
Old
04-19-2017, 04:43 PM
  #68
Adam Michaels
Registered User
 
Adam Michaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch View Post
You beat me to it. I was just coming here to post this.

If he's in Montreal, then it's most probably as a Black Ace. With the Ice Caps in the playoffs and none of those players available, I guess Habs have to delve elsewhere for extras.

Maybe the reason they signed Mete to an ATO was to bring someone from the AHL up as a Black Ace for the Habs?

Adam Michaels is online now  
Old
04-19-2017, 04:54 PM
  #69
Mtl6
Registered User
 
Mtl6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Michaels View Post
You beat me to it. I was just coming here to post this.

If he's in Montreal, then it's most probably as a Black Ace. With the Ice Caps in the playoffs and none of those players available, I guess Habs have to delve elsewhere for extras.

Maybe the reason they signed Mete to an ATO was to bring someone from the AHL up as a Black Ace for the Habs?
This makes no sense...Why not give Juulsen some valuable experience by playing pro hockey maybe making his team better instead of just practicing with an NHL team?

Same goes for McCarron...for the past month!

Mtl6 is offline  
Old
04-19-2017, 05:09 PM
  #70
Adam Michaels
Registered User
 
Adam Michaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6 View Post
This makes no sense...Why not give Juulsen some valuable experience by playing pro hockey maybe making his team better instead of just practicing with an NHL team?

Same goes for McCarron...for the past month!
I know what you're saying and honestly, I also feel the same way. However, I understand their decision. Normally, when the Ice Caps are out of the playoffs, most of their team if not all join the Habs as Black Aces. This year, they are not available. So the Habs need bodies as Black Aces. They will look to someone like Juulsen to be one.

You don't want to mess too much with the Caps' chemistry by bringing in 3-4 guys to insert in the line-up.

And while McCarron and Juulsen won't play, the Habs organization must feel that them being around the big boys like Weber, Radulov, and Price and rubbing elbows with them can help them in the long run.

Adam Michaels is online now  
Old
04-19-2017, 06:13 PM
  #71
deandebean
Registered User
 
deandebean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau
Country: uriname
Posts: 15,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Michaels View Post
We're in the flying saucer looking arena fad these days. Looks good though.

deandebean is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 02:19 PM
  #72
thegameofpuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Story about Brampton Beast's David Ling in Vice Sports

There's a story about David Ling, a former Hab (3 games!) that is now playing for the Brampton Beast, published by Vice Sports today. You can find it here.

thegameofpuck is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 02:29 PM
  #73
Pompeius Magnus
Registered User
 
Pompeius Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kanata ,ON
Posts: 5,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
We're in the flying saucer looking arena fad these days. Looks good though.
I'm blaming it on a whole generation of architect growing up watching the V miniseries on TV. I sure did !

Pompeius Magnus is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 02:36 PM
  #74
Hot Dog Water Shaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegameofpuck View Post
There's a story about David Ling, a former Hab (3 games!) that is now playing for the Brampton Beast, published by Vice Sports today. You can find it here.
Holy ****, he still plays?

Hot Dog Water Shaw is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 03:30 PM
  #75
thegameofpuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
I know, right? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respeck View Post
Holy ****, he still plays?

thegameofpuck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.