HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brown hit on Turco

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2006, 10:25 PM
  #26
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Goalies take enough of a risk by leaving their net wide open. They don't need to have targets painted on them so that they could be crushed whenever they aren't in the crease. That would greatly increase goaltender injuries. I think that some of you want goalies you hate to get their comeuppance too much to really think this through. Don't forget the year that Fiset and Storr were injured simultaneously. Goalie injuries aren't cool.

Osprey is offline  
Old
02-12-2006, 10:32 PM
  #27
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Goalies take enough of a risk by leaving their net wide open. They don't need to have targets painted on them so that they could be crushed whenever they aren't in the crease. That would greatly increase goaltender injuries. I think that some of you want goalies you hate to get their comeuppance too much to really think this through. Don't forget the year that Fiset and Storr were injured simultaneously. Goalie injuries aren't cool.

Well then goalies should play their positions and not concern themselves with coming 30 feet out of the crease to play a loose puck.......Would you not agree Osprey? Nobody here is saying players should crash the crease and try to knock over the goaltenders but the rules are very lenient about letting goalies become "3rd defensemen".

The trapezoid was suppose to help in addressing that problem. I think they need a trapezoid in front of the crease as well. Or just make an octagon around the entire net. Goalies would not be able to touch the puck anywhere outside of the octagon.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
02-12-2006, 10:42 PM
  #28
FC
Registered User
 
FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WaSt
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
The trapezoid was suppose to help in addressing that problem. I think they need a trapezoid in front of the crease as well. Or just make an octagon around the entire net. Goalies would not be able to touch the puck anywhere outside of the octagon.
Hopefully Bettman doesnt see that idea of an octagon, that could be the next radical change Bettman throws in. Back on topic though goalies are fastly becoming the new Punters for hockey. You cant touch them at all and if you get close enough for the goalie to be able tell the color of their eyes, theres been many cases this year where they flop worse then Mt. Mutumbo going against Shaq.

FC is online now  
Old
02-12-2006, 10:50 PM
  #29
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
]Nobody here is saying players should crash the crease and try to knock over the goaltenders but the rules are very lenient about letting goalies become "3rd defensemen".
I don't see a problem with them acting like a 3rd defenseman. Any team with 3 defensemen and an empty net is worse off than one with 2 defensemen and a goaltender. You pull your goaltender at the end of the game to replace him with a forward to give your team an advantage, and letting him act like a 3rd defenseman is something that both teams can do at the same time. Should pulling your goaltender for an empty net be disallowed, as well? I think that there's such a thing as too much management.

Osprey is offline  
Old
02-12-2006, 10:56 PM
  #30
Face Wash
Registered User
 
Face Wash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
The trapezoid was suppose to help in addressing that problem. I think they need a trapezoid in front of the crease as well. Or just make an octagon around the entire net.
I'd prefer a parallelogram myself.

Face Wash is offline  
Old
02-12-2006, 11:00 PM
  #31
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I don't see a problem with them acting like a 3rd defenseman. Any team with 3 defensemen and an empty net is worse off than one with 2 defensemen and a goaltender. You pull your goaltender at the end of the game to replace him with a forward to give your team an advantage, and letting him act like a 3rd defenseman is something that both teams can do at the same time. Should pulling your goaltender for an empty net be disallowed, as well? I think that there's such a thing as too much management.

I don't have a problem with the goaltender acting like a 3rd defenseman as long as he can be checked like a 3rd defenseman. That is the point of my whole argument. If a goalie (Turco for example) wants to be able to play the puck 30 feet out of his net then the opposition should be given the green light to hit him with a body check. If the goalie wants to retain his "do not touch" policy then he should not be able to play the puck more than 10 feet from the net.

It should be an either/or policy in my opinion. You shouldn't be able to have it both ways.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
02-12-2006, 11:01 PM
  #32
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
I'd prefer a parallelogram myself.

How about a rhomboid?

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
02-13-2006, 01:46 AM
  #33
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Brown tried to avoid Turco and he shouldn't have expected Brown to stop when he saw him coming out that far. Brown tried to avoid Turco and he nearly did. It was accidental contact caused by Turco because he didn't give Brown much of a chance to avoid him.

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
02-13-2006, 03:07 AM
  #34
braincramp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 500
If I recall correctly, a rhomboid is just a special case of a parallelogram.

braincramp is offline  
Old
02-13-2006, 10:27 AM
  #35
Face Wash
Registered User
 
Face Wash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braincramp
If I recall correctly, a rhomboid is just a special case of a parallelogram.

YEAH!!!! what he said!!!

Face Wash is offline  
Old
02-13-2006, 12:02 PM
  #36
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braincramp
If I recall correctly, a rhomboid is just a special case of a parallelogram.

You are correct.....I just think "Rhomboid" sounds cooler than "Parallelogram"

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
02-13-2006, 10:00 PM
  #37
Homunculous
Registered User
 
Homunculous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Should pulling your goaltender for an empty net be disallowed, as well? I think that there's such a thing as too much management.
If you wernt allowed to check the person they put on in place of the goaltender, then yes. Since goaltenders are untouchable I think we should have Demitra listed as our goaltender and have Garon dressed as a defenseman with a glove, blocker and goalie stick. Then he can even go in the trap behind the net, and Demitra can skate into the other teams zone and they arnt allowed to touch him. I see no reason why anyone be it goalie or not should be able to p0lay the puck at the faceoff dot and not get knocked on his ***.

Homunculous is offline  
Old
02-13-2006, 10:18 PM
  #38
TonySCV
Moderator
Two Timer!
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,217
vCash: 500
When's the last time a goalie ever received a diving penalty as a lone penalty on a play? Turco's performance was Oscar worthy. Looking at the replay - the hit on the glass was all Turco. Brown only got him at his feet.

TonySCV is offline  
Old
02-14-2006, 09:13 PM
  #39
I Am Ziggy Palffy
Registered User
 
I Am Ziggy Palffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Turco was really cute playing the pcuk 20-30 feet in front of his net...but it isnt exactly fair that a goalies can play the puck and be left untouched...sure opponents can stick-check...but if the Goalies is being unnecesarily aggressive, players should be able to take him out like any other player trying to score

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline  
Old
02-14-2006, 09:17 PM
  #40
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
Turco was really cute playing the pcuk 20-30 feet in front of his net...but it isnt exactly fair that a goalies can play the puck and be left untouched...sure opponents can stick-check...but if the Goalies is being unnecesarily aggressive, players should be able to take him out like any other player trying to score

I am pretty sure that all of us (save Osprey) are in agreement with you on that.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
02-14-2006, 09:54 PM
  #41
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
I am pretty sure that all of us (save Osprey) are in agreement with you on that.
In agreement that "Turco was really cute"? Yeah, I bet you are

Osprey is offline  
Old
02-14-2006, 10:05 PM
  #42
kingbrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
I don't have a problem with the goaltender acting like a 3rd defenseman as long as he can be checked like a 3rd defenseman. That is the point of my whole argument. If a goalie (Turco for example) wants to be able to play the puck 30 feet out of his net then the opposition should be given the green light to hit him with a body check. If the goalie wants to retain his "do not touch" policy then he should not be able to play the puck more than 10 feet from the net.

It should be an either/or policy in my opinion. You shouldn't be able to have it both ways.


Totally agree!!! and nice avatar by the way!

kingbrath is offline  
Old
02-14-2006, 11:03 PM
  #43
Mindcircus
Registered User
 
Mindcircus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 3,034
vCash: 500
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrath
Totally agree!!! and nice avatar by the way!
Who is that, Larry King with an AM head?

Mindcircus is offline  
Old
02-14-2006, 11:25 PM
  #44
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
Turco was really cute playing the pcuk 20-30 feet in front of his net...but it isnt exactly fair that a goalies can play the puck and be left untouched...sure opponents can stick-check...but if the Goalies is being unnecesarily aggressive, players should be able to take him out like any other player trying to score
I agree. If the goalie is going to be that agressive in coming out to play the puck, he should be fair game once he's left the crease. They can't have their cake & eat it too.

ILuvLA is offline  
Old
02-14-2006, 11:33 PM
  #45
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
I agree. If the goalie is going to be that agressive in coming out to play the puck, he should be fair game once he's left the crease. They can't have their cake & eat it too.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm cake.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
02-15-2006, 08:29 PM
  #46
FC
Registered User
 
FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WaSt
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
I dont even think Brown made contact with Turco at all. I just watched the video and it looks like Turcos jumps into the glass without Brown touching him. Check out the video http://www.hockeyfights.com/videos/

FC is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.