HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brown hit on Turco

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Osprey

vCash: 500
Goalies take enough of a risk by leaving their net wide open. They don't need to have targets painted on them so that they could be crushed whenever they aren't in the crease. That would greatly increase goaltender injuries. I think that some of you want goalies you hate to get their comeuppance too much to really think this through. Don't forget the year that Fiset and Storr were injured simultaneously. Goalie injuries aren't cool.

Old
02-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Goalies take enough of a risk by leaving their net wide open. They don't need to have targets painted on them so that they could be crushed whenever they aren't in the crease. That would greatly increase goaltender injuries. I think that some of you want goalies you hate to get their comeuppance too much to really think this through. Don't forget the year that Fiset and Storr were injured simultaneously. Goalie injuries aren't cool.

Well then goalies should play their positions and not concern themselves with coming 30 feet out of the crease to play a loose puck.......Would you not agree Osprey? Nobody here is saying players should crash the crease and try to knock over the goaltenders but the rules are very lenient about letting goalies become "3rd defensemen".

The trapezoid was suppose to help in addressing that problem. I think they need a trapezoid in front of the crease as well. Or just make an octagon around the entire net. Goalies would not be able to touch the puck anywhere outside of the octagon.

Old
02-12-2006, 10:42 PM
FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
The trapezoid was suppose to help in addressing that problem. I think they need a trapezoid in front of the crease as well. Or just make an octagon around the entire net. Goalies would not be able to touch the puck anywhere outside of the octagon.
Hopefully Bettman doesnt see that idea of an octagon, that could be the next radical change Bettman throws in. Back on topic though goalies are fastly becoming the new Punters for hockey. You cant touch them at all and if you get close enough for the goalie to be able tell the color of their eyes, theres been many cases this year where they flop worse then Mt. Mutumbo going against Shaq.

Old
02-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Osprey

Quote:
]Nobody here is saying players should crash the crease and try to knock over the goaltenders but the rules are very lenient about letting goalies become "3rd defensemen".
I don't see a problem with them acting like a 3rd defenseman. Any team with 3 defensemen and an empty net is worse off than one with 2 defensemen and a goaltender. You pull your goaltender at the end of the game to replace him with a forward to give your team an advantage, and letting him act like a 3rd defenseman is something that both teams can do at the same time. Should pulling your goaltender for an empty net be disallowed, as well? I think that there's such a thing as too much management.

Old
02-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
The trapezoid was suppose to help in addressing that problem. I think they need a trapezoid in front of the crease as well. Or just make an octagon around the entire net.
I'd prefer a parallelogram myself.

Old
02-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
I don't see a problem with them acting like a 3rd defenseman. Any team with 3 defensemen and an empty net is worse off than one with 2 defensemen and a goaltender. You pull your goaltender at the end of the game to replace him with a forward to give your team an advantage, and letting him act like a 3rd defenseman is something that both teams can do at the same time. Should pulling your goaltender for an empty net be disallowed, as well? I think that there's such a thing as too much management.

I don't have a problem with the goaltender acting like a 3rd defenseman as long as he can be checked like a 3rd defenseman. That is the point of my whole argument. If a goalie (Turco for example) wants to be able to play the puck 30 feet out of his net then the opposition should be given the green light to hit him with a body check. If the goalie wants to retain his "do not touch" policy then he should not be able to play the puck more than 10 feet from the net.

It should be an either/or policy in my opinion. You shouldn't be able to have it both ways.

Old
02-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
I'd prefer a parallelogram myself.

How about a rhomboid?

Old
02-13-2006, 01:46 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Brown tried to avoid Turco and he shouldn't have expected Brown to stop when he saw him coming out that far. Brown tried to avoid Turco and he nearly did. It was accidental contact caused by Turco because he didn't give Brown much of a chance to avoid him.

Old
02-13-2006, 03:07 AM
braincramp

If I recall correctly, a rhomboid is just a special case of a parallelogram.

Old
02-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by braincramp

YEAH!!!! what he said!!!

Old
02-13-2006, 12:02 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by braincramp

You are correct.....I just think "Rhomboid" sounds cooler than "Parallelogram"

Old
02-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Homunculous

Quote:
Should pulling your goaltender for an empty net be disallowed, as well? I think that there's such a thing as too much management.
If you wernt allowed to check the person they put on in place of the goaltender, then yes. Since goaltenders are untouchable I think we should have Demitra listed as our goaltender and have Garon dressed as a defenseman with a glove, blocker and goalie stick. Then he can even go in the trap behind the net, and Demitra can skate into the other teams zone and they arnt allowed to touch him. I see no reason why anyone be it goalie or not should be able to p0lay the puck at the faceoff dot and not get knocked on his ***.

Old
02-13-2006, 10:18 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

When's the last time a goalie ever received a diving penalty as a lone penalty on a play? Turco's performance was Oscar worthy. Looking at the replay - the hit on the glass was all Turco. Brown only got him at his feet.

Old
02-14-2006, 09:13 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Turco was really cute playing the pcuk 20-30 feet in front of his net...but it isnt exactly fair that a goalies can play the puck and be left untouched...sure opponents can stick-check...but if the Goalies is being unnecesarily aggressive, players should be able to take him out like any other player trying to score

Old
02-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
Turco was really cute playing the pcuk 20-30 feet in front of his net...but it isnt exactly fair that a goalies can play the puck and be left untouched...sure opponents can stick-check...but if the Goalies is being unnecesarily aggressive, players should be able to take him out like any other player trying to score

I am pretty sure that all of us (save Osprey) are in agreement with you on that.

Old
02-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Osprey

Quote:
I am pretty sure that all of us (save Osprey) are in agreement with you on that.
In agreement that "Turco was really cute"? Yeah, I bet you are

Old
02-14-2006, 10:05 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
I don't have a problem with the goaltender acting like a 3rd defenseman as long as he can be checked like a 3rd defenseman. That is the point of my whole argument. If a goalie (Turco for example) wants to be able to play the puck 30 feet out of his net then the opposition should be given the green light to hit him with a body check. If the goalie wants to retain his "do not touch" policy then he should not be able to play the puck more than 10 feet from the net.

It should be an either/or policy in my opinion. You shouldn't be able to have it both ways.

Totally agree!!! and nice avatar by the way!

Old
02-14-2006, 11:03 PM
Mindcircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrath
Totally agree!!! and nice avatar by the way!
Who is that, Larry King with an AM head?

Old
02-14-2006, 11:25 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
I agree. If the goalie is going to be that agressive in coming out to play the puck, he should be fair game once he's left the crease. They can't have their cake & eat it too.

Old
02-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
I agree. If the goalie is going to be that agressive in coming out to play the puck, he should be fair game once he's left the crease. They can't have their cake & eat it too.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm cake.

Old
02-15-2006, 08:29 PM
FC

I dont even think Brown made contact with Turco at all. I just watched the video and it looks like Turcos jumps into the glass without Brown touching him. Check out the video http://www.hockeyfights.com/videos/

Closed Thread