HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Funniest Thing Pock Did Yesterday in the Pack Game...

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2006, 07:48 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
Funniest Thing Pock Did Yesterday in the Pack Game...

I was watching the final few minutes of the Wolf Pack game and what Pock did I never saw anybody do before....

It was a 5 on 4 PP for the other team and they pulled their goalie so it was 6 on 4, Pock broke his stick and it turned into a 6 on 3.....Pock..knowing there is only one referee in the AHL and the play was up toward the blue line he skated over to the guy in front of the net and just grabbed the guys stick out of his hands and started playing with it (ref didnt see), the guy he stole the stick from was going crazy and Pock was acting complelty innocent like he had no idea why this player was coming at him trying to take his stick, then the guy finally grabbed his stick and they were both in front of the net having a tug a war with it, with all the chaos going on in front of the net with the 2 players the ref finally blew the play down to figure out what was going on, after talking to his linemen he ended up giving Pock a penalty (about 20 seconds left in the game at that point). Pock was telling the ref he thought that it was his stick. I thought that was great, what Pock did...he ended up stopping the play from a 6 on 3 and the other team didnt even pull their goalie when Pock was sent to the box so it was just a 5 on 3...Pack won.

I guess it was funnier to see it but just try to picture it...it was hilarious.

Last edited by FLYLine24*: 02-12-2006 at 08:34 PM. Reason: missing word
Old
02-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of zil

I could see Kasparaitis doing something like this.

Old
02-12-2006, 11:45 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
hahaha i wish i saw it

Old
02-13-2006, 12:47 AM
Pizza

Smart play and good thinking.

Old
02-13-2006, 01:05 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I could see a suspension coming up for Pck. Smart? Perhaps. Funny? Maybe. Sportsmanlike? No.

Old
02-13-2006, 01:29 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
I could see a suspension coming up for Pck. Smart? Perhaps. Funny? Maybe. Sportsmanlike? No.

They wouldn't suspend a player for that. Not in a million years.

Old
02-13-2006, 01:30 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of zil

I highly doubt he gets suspended for that.

Old
02-13-2006, 03:01 AM
BLACKBURN

Takes me back to the Fleury days of stick snapping, you gotta love it

Old
02-13-2006, 06:56 AM
Ola

Anyone remember Ulfi hanging on to Lindros leg with 10-15 sec left in our win against the Flyers in the 97 PO's. Ulfie skated up to Lindros, went down on his knees, and held on the big E's leg and held on to him till the buzzer sounded.

Old
02-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Pogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
Sportsmanlike?! C'mon the guy should take better care of his stick, you can't let somone just snatch it from you! This is going to sound clich'e but, Hockey is a MAN's sport, the kind where there is no place for whining that someone took your stick, get even! Or at least hold on for dear life...

Old
02-13-2006, 09:17 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo
Sportsmanlike?! C'mon the guy should take better care of his stick, you can't let somone just snatch it from you! This is going to sound clich'e but, Hockey is a MAN's sport, the kind where there is no place for whining that someone took your stick, get even! Or at least hold on for dear life...
I'm not complaining for the other guy, I'm commenting on a cheap play. In any sport there's room for sportsmanship. It's got nothing to do with being a man or not. In fact, real men win without cheating. Don't get me wrong, I see the humour, but I also see the disappointing side of this sort of play.

I think there's scope for a suspension because he did get called for the penalty, but never served it. No-one suspended Jarkko Ruutu for stealing Forsberg's stick, so I doubt it will happen. If this play was too obvious or too high-profile, the league would want to make an example of him -- and they'd have reason. Neither the NHL nor the AHL want this sort of thing to become a strategy.

Old
02-13-2006, 09:21 AM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo
I don't think the first thing on the guys mind was let me get a firm grip on my stick. Even if he does, when someone grabs it unexpectantly it can be real hard to keep your grip. The guy probably whined to the Ref because he was really surprised and was afraid he'd get called for something if he grabbed it back.

I can just picture Pock with this look, like what the hell is going on???? With the opposing player getting more and more frustrated

Old
02-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
The guy was whining because Pock was skating away toward the bench still carrying his stick! Plus, he wanted to give his team the best chance to score a goal, and Pock did serve the penalty, albeit only 26 seconds or so of it.

I still have this game saved on TiVo, and the interesting thing is, as I watch it now, Jessiman looks like he's more of a passer than a shooter. He was setting up very nice plays. Where Immomen looks like more of a shooter than a passer. He was taking shots any time he got anywhere near the net.

In the first four minutes of the game Jessiman made two sweet cross-ice passes on successive shifts which ended up setting up two players right in the middle of the slot, and would have been buried if they weren't two of the Pack's defenders not known for scoring (one was Grenier). He doesn't look like he's having a hard time thinking the game through at all, though of course we're not seeing him away from the puck with this TV coverage.

Old
02-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan
I still have this game saved on TiVo, and the interesting thing is, as I watch it now, Jessiman looks like he's more of a passer than a shooter. He was setting up very nice plays. Where Immomen looks like more of a shooter than a passer. He was taking shots any time he got anywhere near the net.

In the first four minutes of the game Jessiman made two sweet cross-ice passes on successive shifts which ended up setting up two players right in the middle of the slot, and would have been buried if they weren't two of the Pack's defenders not known for scoring (one was Grenier). He doesn't look like he's having a hard time thinking the game through at all, though of course we're not seeing him away from the puck with this TV coverage.
i think jessiman said he felt he was more of a playmaker back when he was drafted. he does have a helluva wrist shot though, should use it more

Old
02-13-2006, 03:40 PM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
On the topic of Kaspar doing something like that; I remember in the playoffs when he was on the Aves, someone took Kaspar's stick, and threw it into the crowd, the guy didn't even get a penalty. After the play stopped, Kaspar went over to where the stick was thrown out of the rink, threw his arms up in the air, and they tossed it back over the boards. It was pretty funny.

Old
02-13-2006, 03:54 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Rofl

Old
02-13-2006, 05:22 PM
cheifshockey23

any chance a video of this would be avaible. please

Old
02-13-2006, 05:25 PM
FLYLine24*

They are replaying the game tonight at 10:00 on FSNY, its happens with about 40 seconds left in the game and the annoucer saids "Pock lost his stick" then just watch the right side of the screen and you can see Pock skate over and just grabbed the guys stick and then watch what happens after.

Old
02-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Synergy27

Those AHL guys dont make alot of money, and chances are that stick costs $200+. I'd be pretty pissed too.

Closed Thread