HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, NHL revenues, relocation and expansion.

NHL televising Awards and expansion draft 6/21

Old
04-18-2017, 08:47 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
NHL televising Awards and expansion draft 6/21

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-tel...234327341.html
NHL to televise awards and Vegas expansion draft on June 21

Two events for one.

May actually have ratings for award ceremony.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 03:32 PM
Voight
#winning

vCash: 520
God the expansion draft is going to be boring as hell. You may as well just follow it on Twitter and save yourself the time.

Voight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 10:47 AM
Tekneek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voight View Post
God the expansion draft is going to be boring as hell. You may as well just follow it on Twitter and save yourself the time.
Since there is no drama around the expansion draft, Las Vegas should arrange for at least some of the guys they've picked to fly in. Unlike previous expansion drafts, this one is entirely arranged in a smoke-filled room ahead of time.

Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 01:48 PM
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voight View Post
To be honest, following a bunch of tweets seems like a lot more effort than simply throwing the TV on in the background while you do other things. The most time-saving approach is likely to simply look at the results online once the draft is done.

rojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 02:38 PM
tony d
BMO

Given all the attention around Vegas wonder this wouldn't be a stand alone event for the NHL, really takes away from the awards here as well.

04-23-2017, 07:56 AM
Isles72

is anne murray going to sing as part of the canadian content

Isles72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2017, 08:13 AM
boredmale

I can't say I am happy with this. I actually would have watched the expansion draft, in terms of the awards I never watch them. It's basically like the NHL wants to force people to watch the awards. You can even argue they are forcing people who want to watch the awards to watch the expansion draft. They should be 2 complete separate events.

The worst thing that can happen is if they spread the expansion draft during the entire award event

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2017, 08:18 AM
Isles72

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
I can't say I am happy with this. I actually would have watched the expansion draft, in terms of the awards I never watch them. It's basically like the NHL wants to force people to watch the awards. You can even argue they are forcing people who want to watch the awards to watch the expansion draft. They should be 2 complete separate events.

The worst thing that can happen is if they spread the expansion draft during the entire award event
just set up your dvr to record , let about 40 minutes pass by then start watching from beginning ....fast forward through the baloney

Isles72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2017, 08:31 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles72 View Post
just set up your dvr to record , let about 40 minutes pass by then start watching from beginning ....fast forward through the baloney
Only problem with this is I much rather just go to TSN and check out what happened in the Expansion draft then watch it after the expansion draft happened. It's a basic case I will watch the expansion draft live or read about it after the fact.

If Sportsnet(Canada) wants to get me to watch 1 hour of expansion draft coverage they better make it a separate event else I will do everything to avoid watching Sportsnet out of spite and get my expansion draft info from other places

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2017, 03:50 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-cr...142828272.html

And they're moving the awards/draft unveiling to T-Mobile, expecting 13-15k fans in attendance.

They're streamlining the awards, moving some of the announcements to separate event at the Wynn, with smaller audience.

Old
05-01-2017, 03:53 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 714
I wonder if they'll continue hosting the NHL awards going forward in Vegas now that they have a team

cheswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2017, 04:28 PM
Beltv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
Since there is no drama around the expansion draft, Las Vegas should arrange for at least some of the guys they've picked to fly in. Unlike previous expansion drafts, this one is entirely arranged in a smoke-filled room ahead of time.
For some reason I want to say I read an article saying the team they had drafted was suppose to be there. Maybe I just had this all in a very vivid dream though.

Albeit, would be smart to have them all there with their sweaters and stuff.

Beltv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2017, 09:08 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
I wonder if they'll continue hosting the NHL awards going forward in Vegas now that they have a team
Used to be in Toronto (primarily due to proximity to HHOF, IMHO) and they have a team.

The only bad thing about Vegas is Vegas in June. It's H.O.T.