HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Eichel vs Bylsma

Old
04-19-2017, 10:42 AM
LaymanX

vCash: 500
No one knows what the actual conversations were behind closed doors. Still, if this allegation is true, that's not a good look for anyone involved.

LaymanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 10:43 AM
Sypher04

The Sabres look bad for letting it get out, but Eichel doesn't look great at all either imo. Kid has what 100-150 games experience and he's already trying to dictate terms to Buffalo's front office? Fact of the matter is, if he wants to play hockey, he's an RFA, he only goes if Buffalo obliges. That said, I'm sure they'll crumble.

Last edited by Sypher04: 04-19-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Sypher04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 10:44 AM
Aladyyn
victim of changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterOffWithFedorov View Post
yeah something tells me that the guy who cries about Bylsma in every other post is going to take this stance, but the fact is it's pretty childish and shows how loyal he is to your franchise (not very, unless he gets everything he wants)
Eichel wants to win. He won't win under Bylsma and he knows it. If the GM fails to put together a winning team by the time Eichel can leave, I won't blame him for leaving either. It's all about winning.

Aladyyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
ek93

Quote:
yeah something tells me that the guy who cries about Bylsma in every other post is going to take this stance, but the fact is it's pretty childish and shows how loyal he is to your franchise (not very, unless he gets everything he wants)
You can't possibly be this dense. He has every right to decide where and for whom he wants to play. It's his career. If he doesn't want to waste his career playing in a **** system and never winning a cup, why should he?

And yes, he is very loyal to the franchise, as he was reportedly the spokesperson who came out and said that Bylsma is trash on behalf of all the players.

How is wanting your team to be better and wanting to win a bad thing? My God...

ek93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AD1066

Quote:
makes Eichel look pretty bad honestly
Ehh I don't think this is all that uncommon and would guess that Crosby had something to do with Johnson getting let go last year.

If you're going to pin the hopes of a franchise on a player, I think he's within his rights to speak candidly to management during an exit interview and express concerns with coaching, especially if he is speaking for additional players besides himself.

AD1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 10:46 AM
Randall Flagg

Eichel's agent says there's no truth to this. Won't stop HF from building the house of cards though.

Randall Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 10:47 AM
gra
Custom User Title

vCash: 667
Eichel will lose this battle unless Buffalo foolishly trades him. Any deal he signs with another team will be matched seeing he's an RFA.

gra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TOGuy14

Pretty early in his career for Eichel to start being a coach killer

TOGuy14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
zeke
#freewilly

didn't he rip his teammates in a presser too?

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sypher04

edited out

Old
04-19-2017, 10:48 AM
BetterOffWithFedorov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladyyn View Post
Eichel wants to win. He won't win under Bylsma and he knows it. If the GM fails to put together a winning team by the time Eichel can leave, I won't blame him for leaving either. It's all about winning.
crosby won under him so not necessarily. Maybe Bylsma isn't a perfect coach, but the roster is pretty weak so it's not like it's really all on coaching. He's still gonna add to his reputation as a diva over this

BetterOffWithFedorov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 10:48 AM
Aladyyn
victim of changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
Eichel's agent says there's no truth to this. Won't stop HF from building the house of cards though.
I mean, of course he says that

Aladyyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 10:49 AM
ek93

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
No....

Old
Divine
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

vCash: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
As opposed to Eichel's agent saying this is 100% true? Shocking.

Jarey Curry

One person in his mind is enough for him to leave over all the good things? Or is there whole lot good things in his mind in Buf after all?

Jarey Curry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
1point21Gigawatts
hell's a gigawatt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
No. He said he loves and respects his teammates, but as a whole there needs to be a stronger commitment to winning and changing the locker room culture.

1point21Gigawatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 10:50 AM
darcyRegier
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher04 View Post
The Sabres look bad for letting it get out, but Eichel doesn't look great at all either imo. Kid has barely 100 games experience and he's already trying to dictate terms to Buffalo's front office? Fact of the matter is, if he wants to play hockey, he's an RFA, he only goes if Buffalo obliges. That said, I'm sure they'll crumble.
Its not like he's a 2nd round player saying this, he's THE franchise for the next 15 years saying this. Without Eichel the sabres are the doomed until we get someone on a similar tier. All these people saying it makes Eichel look bad: Do you even want to see a playoff game in Buffalo next April? Because that sure as hell isn't happening with Dan as our head coach. Yea Jack and the Sabres would have rather kept this from leaking but at least Murray knows he needs to get rid of Dan. Bylsma is the dark cloud looming over this organization.

darcyRegier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 10:50 AM
Sypher04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek93 View Post
No....
He kinda did.

Old
04-19-2017, 10:51 AM
ek93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher04 View Post
He kinda did.
No, he didn't. Watch the interview and don't believe everything you read.

Saying that there needs to be a stronger commitment to winning and saying he loves his teammates is "ripping" them huh.

Old
BetterOffWithFedorov

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD1066 View Post
Ehh I don't think this is all that uncommon and would guess that Crosby had something to do with Johnson getting let go last year.

If you're going to pin the hopes of a franchise on a player, I think he's within his rights to speak candidly to management during an exit interview and express concerns with coaching, especially if he is speaking for additional players besides himself.
Yeah but Crosby is the face of the league, not a guy with 100 games experience trying to call the shots of his franchise. Eichel is what people tried to paint Kessel as in terms of his entitled attitude

Old
X66

I've said it before, this is the only time Eichel can go this route ever again.

He's fired all the shots the last month or so, whether it be this or calling out teammates.

If the Sabres do everything that Eichel wants and get the same results, then the finger can only be pointed to him from that point on.

X66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
my name is Bob

Not a terrible thing to do, given the circumstances, but it sets a terrible precedent, if a 21 year old player of Eichel's calibur, with less than 100 games played, can dictate a coach getting fired.

Crosby or mcdavid? Sure. If they had awful coaches, by all means, get em fired. This kinda sounds like a diva move though.

my name is Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 10:52 AM
BHD
Fortitude

Quote:
People made similar comments about Pens fans when the Sabres hired him.

Here's the truth: Bylmsa isn't a good coach.

Quote:
crosby won under him so not necessarily. Maybe Bylsma isn't a perfect coach, but the roster is pretty weak so it's not like it's really all on coaching. He's still gonna add to his reputation as a diva over this
Crosby and Malkin had (individual) success in spite of Bylsma.

"I think a big thing with hockey fans is that we all have a hard time admitting that winning a Stanley Cup does involve a significant amount of luck." - thepuckmonster

Last edited by BHD: 04-19-2017 at 10:58 AM.
BHD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 10:52 AM
BetterOffWithFedorov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek93 View Post
You can't possibly be this dense. He has every right to decide where and for whom he wants to play. It's his career. If he doesn't want to waste his career playing in a **** system and never winning a cup, why should he?

And yes, he is very loyal to the franchise, as he was reportedly the spokesperson who came out and said that Bylsma is trash on behalf of all the players.

How is wanting your team to be better and wanting to win a bad thing? My God...
Yeah if he wants out then fine, but you can't threaten to leave unless you get your way without being at least a little entitled and disloyal to your franchise

Old
04-19-2017, 10:53 AM
nickdawg95
scoutdawg

Quote:
Yeah but Crosby is the face of the league, not a guy with 100 games experience trying to call the shots of his franchise. Eichel is what people tried to paint Kessel as in terms of his entitled attitude
sorry eichel has a voice for this team and isn't a robot sheep Ala marner matthews nylander

nickdawg95 is offline   Reply With Quote