HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Eichel vs Bylsma

Old
04-19-2017, 10:53 AM
Sypher04

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcyRegier View Post
Its not like he's a 2nd round player saying this, he's THE franchise for the next 15 years saying this. Without Eichel the sabres are the doomed until we get someone on a similar tier. All these people saying it makes Eichel look bad: Do you even want to see a playoff game in Buffalo next April? Because that sure as hell isn't happening with Dan as our head coach. Yea Jack and the Sabres would have rather kept this from leaking but at least Murray knows he needs to get rid of Dan. Bylsma is the dark cloud looming over this organization.
A few things

1) Yes, he IS the franchise, which is why they'll cave to him, if it's true.
2) I don't want to see Buffalo in the playoffs, but that has nothing to do with my view
3) I'm not gonna say Dan Bylsma is an especially good coach, but he is perfectly capable of coaching a healthy Sabres roster into the playoffs. It's simply hyperbole to say he can't.

Sypher04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterOffWithFedorov View Post
crosby won under him so not necessarily. Maybe Bylsma isn't a perfect coach, but the roster is pretty weak so it's not like it's really all on coaching. He's still gonna add to his reputation as a diva over this
Crosby won under him before he could implement his system as he took over mid-season. The team rode that new coach smell.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ek93

Quote:
Yeah but Crosby is the face of the league, not a guy with 100 games experience trying to call the shots of his franchise. Eichel is what people tried to paint Kessel as in terms of his entitled attitude
So because he's not the "face of the league" he can't make his own decisions that better his career? Okay gotcha.

ek93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 10:55 AM
BetterOffWithFedorov

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdawg95 View Post
sorry eichel has a voice for this team and isn't a robot sheep Ala marner matthews nylander
Should they be ripping their coach/management for being successful?

BetterOffWithFedorov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 10:55 AM
Chris McKinlay

Eichel should request a trade to the Penguins if he wants to win so badly. They've got a solid coach and a great roster.

If he doesn't get a Cup with them in the next couple years, he should request a trade elsewhere.

Chris McKinlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 10:56 AM
BetterOffWithFedorov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek93 View Post
So because he's not the "face of the league" he can't make his own decisions that better his career? Okay gotcha.
so you're gonna strawman now I guess, this was fun.

Old
Kamiccolo
Oh Crap Baskets

So he gets drafted, says he won't sign unless he goes straight to the NHL.

Then plays for two seasons, shows flashes but he certainly hasn't accomplished anything, rips on his team mates after reports of issues in the locker room between him and others, and says it's either the coach or me?

He's a diva, and people defending him are hilarious. He has ROR syndrome. He has no loyalty, he's going to want to have everything the way he wants it and will want to get paid.

People ripped on me for saying I wouldn't take him for free, but that's not a knock on his skill, that's undeniable Sabres have an awesome player. It's his attitude, and the fact that he is clearly a locker room cancer at 20. He is entitled. He would never last playing under someone like Babcock where you earn respect and are not given it.

Eichel wants to be given it. I feel so bad for the Sabres... I really do.

Kamiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nickdawg95
scoutdawg

Quote:
Should they be ripping their coach/management for being successful?
if they were in the same situation eichel is in rn they wouldn't do/say anything, they're just happy to be here i guess

nickdawg95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 10:57 AM
BetterOffWithFedorov

Quote:
if they were in the same situation eichel is in rn they wouldn't do/say anything, they're just happy to be here i guess
well they lead by example on the ice, but I guess we'll never know since the Leafs are too competent :/

Old
BiPolarBear

Let's get this straight before the Eichel bashers run rampant in this thread. The inside source(s) on this told Jeremy White of WGR550 that the players themselves met before their exit meetings with Murray and wanted Eichel to be their messenger knowing he has the weight to make their grievances known to management/ownership.

BiPolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Samsonite23

Idk if this is true if Hamilton reported it. But he definitely ripped Bylsma his exit interview after talking to his teammates who were on board with him.

How would you feel if you had the most inept coach in the world hindering your team, not getting to know players, playing a ****** system and all of your teammates agree. That has been going on for 2 full years. You have to do something eventually if you're competitive at all.

Samsonite23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 10:58 AM
Avs44

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
roon

I don't see how giving an organization your feedback and giving them the opportunity to make changes if they would like to keep you around makes someone look bad.

If they don't want to keep him and see Bylsma as more important to their organization - don't make any changes.

At least he is being honest and all the cards are out on the table now. I fail to see how that makes someone look bad. Nothing positive ever comes out of people just "going with the flow".

roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NarcoPolo

Doubt this is true at all. If so its a pretty bad look for Eichel. Don't like that kind of attitude at all on a player tbh.

NarcoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ek93

Quote:
so you're gonna strawman now I guess, this was fun.
Nope, just asking you a question that you have since ducked. Nice.

Old
04-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Greeneye

Eichel doesn't come out looking too well on this one...but if it's true he's right. Bylsma is a bad coach, I can see why the players want him gone.

Greeneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BetterOffWithFedorov

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsRockForBabcock View Post
So he gets drafted, says he won't sign unless he goes straight to the NHL.

Then plays for two seasons, shows flashes but he certainly hasn't accomplished anything, rips on his team mates after reports of issues in the locker room between him and others, and says it's either the coach or me?

He's a diva, and people defending him are hilarious. He has ROR syndrome. He has no loyalty, he's going to want to have everything the way he wants it and will want to get paid.

People ripped on me for saying I wouldn't take him for free, but that's not a knock on his skill, that's undeniable Sabres have an awesome player. It's his attitude, and the fact that he is clearly a locker room cancer at 20. He is entitled. He would never last playing under someone like Babcock where you earn respect and are not given it.

Eichel wants to be given it. I feel so bad for the Sabres... I really do.
Summed up pretty well here honestly. He's a headache to say the least, but Sabres fans hopes rest with him so I get their reluctance to admit to his problems

Old
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Yeah if he wants out then fine, but you can't threaten to leave unless you get your way without being at least a little entitled and disloyal to your franchise
Let's be real about what is being reported here... by a reporter without a great track record... thrown out there as the last paragraph in a little report. This is not 'threatening to leave'. Eichel is going to be an RFA for a long time yet. His current contract isn't even up for another season. If true it isn't as big a flex of leverage as some make it out to be. The Sabres could easily keep Eichel and Bylsma. If they believed in Bylsma then they can believe things will work themselves out. It wouldn't be the first time such a thing happened. Why would they, though, when it is obvious to everyone that he did a poor coaching job?

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BM14

Quote:
sorry eichel has a voice for this team and isn't a robot sheep Ala marner matthews nylander
Those "robot sheep" playoff pressers must kill you inside.

Entitled Eichel in Buffalo.
Good luck building around that.

BM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CanadianPensFan1

As a Pens fan, I can only dream of what might have been had Sid & Geno & Company did the same. Could have saved a couple lousy seasons.

At the end of the day, Eichel has the right to play where he wants when his contact is up. Whether its because he hates DB or the city of Buffalo or wants to soak up the rays in Tampa, its his choice. He didn't leak this, as far as we know. He did it the right away and kept it internal.

Though, it does set a bit of a dangerous precedent. What if O'Rielly doesn't like the next coach? What if Kane LIKES Bylsma? Its an awful can of worms to work around. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

CanadianPensFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 11:02 AM
ek93

It's ridiculous that people are calling Eichel a diva and entitled over something that might not even be true.

And even if it is, good for him. If you were a player, would you want to waste years of your career in a terrible system that doesn't allow you to play to your full potential? And possibly miss out on millions of dollars?

If so, I really hope you guys don't take that mentality into your daily lives. Work a job where you're miserable just because you're "loyal" to the company. Jeez.

Old
04-19-2017, 11:02 AM
Samsonite23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPensFan1 View Post
As a Pens fan, I can only dream of what might have been had Sid & Geno & Company did the same. Could have saved a couple lousy seasons.

At the end of the day, Eichel has the right to play where he wants when his contact is up. Whether its because he hates DB or the city of Buffalo or wants to soak up the rays in Tampa, its his choice. He didn't leak this, as far as we know. He did it the right away and kept it internal.

Though, it does set a bit of a dangerous precedent. What if O'Rielly doesn't like the next coach? What if Kane LIKES Bylsma? Its an awful can of worms to work around. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
Honestly, everybody knows it's a bad look, but we don't care. He is THAT bad of a coach that we can take everybody ******** on Eichel for a little while in order for him to be gone.

Samsonite23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 11:03 AM
M.C.G. 31
Day One

vCash: 656
Bylsma is a bad coach. It doesn't make Eichel look good, but he wants to win at the end of the day. I respect that and Eichel will remain one of my favourites.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BetterOffWithFedorov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxon View Post
Let's be real about what is being reported here... by a reporter without a great track record... thrown out there as the last paragraph in a little report. This is not 'threatening to leave'. Eichel is going to be an RFA for a long time yet. His current contract isn't even up for another season. If true it isn't as big a flex of leverage as some make it out to be. The Sabres could easily keep Eichel and Bylsma. If they believed in Bylsma then they can believe things will work themselves out. It wouldn't be the first time such a thing happened. Why would they, though, when it is obvious to everyone that he did a poor coaching job?
Whether it's something that happens tomorrow or far down the line, if he's already saying that he's going to refuse to sign his contract unless he gets his way, it's a sign of him being disloyal. It's tough to give Eichel the benefit of the doubt here given his track record as well, but I guess it is something we have to wait and see how it develops

Old
BHD
Thank you, Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxon View Post
Crosby won under him before he could implement his system as he took over mid-season. The team rode that new coach smell.
Pretty much. Fans can watch any Pens series (post '09 Cup) if they really want to take notes on his system.

BHD is offline   Reply With Quote