HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Handzus out, Forsberg waits on MRI

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2006, 12:10 PM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Handzus out, Forsberg waits on MRI

Quote:
Michal Handzus has withdrawn from the ASlovakian side with a rotator cuff injury.

Handzus has 8 goals and 30 assists in 58 games witht he Flyers this season. He played on Saturday against Ottawa, and it is unclear when he was injured. His latest inury reported was a bruised foot suffered February 8 against the Islanders after he blocked a shot.
Everyone knows when he was hurt, stupid Zubrus shoved him into the boards in the last Craps game. All the craps were playing dirty.

TSN

Old
02-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Jester

i'm ecstatic he isn't going... can rest up and hopefully be fresh for the stretch...

Old
02-13-2006, 12:14 PM
FlyersFanJS

That's a complete travesty...a true NHL iron man gets sidelined with such an inconveniently timed injury that prevents him from competing for his country...a true class act though in that he set his priorities...(Forsberg are you watching?)

Old
02-13-2006, 12:19 PM
jb**

Hope it isn’t a tore rotator cuff because he will be probably done if it is one. Hopefully he is just nicked up all over and this helps him recuperate. His load has been big lately.

Old
02-13-2006, 03:54 PM
mikedifr

Well, he did come back and play the rest of the game so hopefully that is a sign that it isnt torn and is something less serious that will be ok if he rests these couple weeks. Cant win without him!!

Old
02-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Gert B Frobe

Handzus' injury must have occurred on the dirty hit from Zubrus - but he played the next day in Ottawa so I doubt there is a tear. I'm glad he's not going and will be totally healthy for the stretch run.

Old
02-14-2006, 05:17 AM
C-J...*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS
That's a complete travesty...a true NHL iron man gets sidelined with such an inconveniently timed injury that prevents him from competing for his country...a true class act though in that he set his priorities...(Forsberg are you watching?)

Idiot

Old
02-14-2006, 07:16 AM
yarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshollow

Idiot
Agreed, it is likely his last appereance in the olympic's, not like you need him that bad for the games left this season, why do people think that just because he gets his pay from a team means he has to turn down his country, I would never choose a team before my country and I am glad Forsberg feels the same.

Old
02-14-2006, 07:57 AM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarre
I would never choose a team before my country and I am glad Forsberg feels the same.
Its not about choosing your "team" before your country it is about choosing your employers. They payed big bucks for him this off-season and yes they knew about his injury history but so did Forsberg himself when he decided to accept all the money. Yes I understand that Forsberg wants to play in the Olympics, all the players do, but so what, cry me a river. The guy gets payed millions to play the game of ice-hockey, he has already made a couple of Olympic games apperances, he has already won the damn gold. In Sweden there was a poll where the question was "Do you think Peter Forsberg should participate in the Olympics".

70 % said no.
So please could everyone spare me the, "A whole country demands him to play" ********. We are smarter then that in this country, we know how to respect our employers and we know how playing the olympics will effect Forsberg for the stretch run for the Flyers.

To sum up, if Peter decides to play it is a strictly selfish decision and if I was a Flyers fan I would have difficulties rooting for such a player.
Lets ask a hypothetical question, lets say the Forsberg eventually has to miss the playoffs because of playing in the Olympics, and the Flyers lose the Stanley Cup Finals in 7 games, had Forsberg played they most likely would have won.
How many of you would root for him the following year? Knowing that his selfishness prevented you from winning your long desired cup?

Old
02-14-2006, 08:04 AM
C-J...*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
blablabla...

Anyone who calls Peter Forsberg selfish, doesnt know his *** from his elbow.

In short, you dont know Forsberg, and you obviously dont have the slightest idea what nationalpride is either.

Old
02-14-2006, 08:06 AM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Anyone who calls Peter Forsberg selfish, doesnt know his *** from his elbow.

In short, you dont know Forsberg, and you obviously dont have the slightest idea what nationalpride is either.

I did not call Peter Forsberg the person selfish, because I do not know him and therefore I cannot make that judgement, but what I CAN do is calling this DECISION selfish.

"if Peter decides to play it is a strictly selfish decision"

So in other words 70% of the Swedish population do not have nationalpride either?

Old
02-14-2006, 08:12 AM
C-J...*

Quote:
I did not call Peter Forsberg the person selfish, because I do not know him and therefore I cannot make that judgement, but what I CAN do is calling this DECISION selfish.

"if Peter decides to play it is a strictly selfish decision"

So in other words 70% of the Swedish population do not have nationalpride either?

Thatīs the same as calling him selfish, thereīs no distinction between the two.

First of all, show me a link of that poll. Second of all, if itīs true its not due to us not wanting him to come, itīs due to us not wanting him to sacrifice himself for the team, so heīll end up injured the rest of the season. If he wants to come, if anything, itīs an unselfish act on his part.

Old
02-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Thatīs the same as calling him selfish, thereīs no distinction between the two.

First of all, show me a link of that poll. Second of all, if itīs true its not due to us not wanting him to come, itīs due to us not wanting him to sacrifice himself for the team, so heīll end up injured the rest of the season. If he wants to come, if anything, itīs an unselfish act on his part.

"Thatīs the same as calling him selfish, thereīs no distinction between the two."

Oh really? So in other words a person who is not selfish is completely incapable of making ONE selfish decision? Many people who cannot considered selfish have had their weak moment, so yes there is a distincition between the two.

Regarding the poll, It was a tv-poll so I dont have a link but all the Swedes here on HFboards who probably saw it during yesterdays discussion of the olympic ice-hockey, please feel free to back me up on this one.

Old
02-14-2006, 08:20 AM
Kluivert4Ever

Here is another poll.

http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?...ror=&#pa530345

Where is says.
Ska en halvskadad Foppa stanna hemma?
"Do you think a less than 100 procent Peter Forsberg should stay home?"

Right now the results are at 55 for staying home and 45 for going.
Still, majority wants him to stay home.

Old
02-14-2006, 08:21 AM
Viberg

Quote:
Regarding the poll, It was a tv-poll so I dont have a link but all the Swedes here on HFboards who probably saw it during yesterdays discussion of the olympic ice-hockey, please feel free to back me up on this one.
I missed that one. SVT, TV4?

If it is true, my fellow swedes are crazy...

Old
02-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Freudian
wild card, *****es

vCash: 50
Quote:
Here is another poll.

http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?...ror=&#pa530345

Where is says.
Ska en halvskadad Foppa stanna hemma?
"Do you think a less than 100 procent Peter Forsberg should stay home?"

Right now the results are at 55 for staying home and 45 for going.
Still, majority wants him to stay home.
The operative word in that poll is halvskadad. Of course a majority don't want to see him play semi-injured.

Old
02-14-2006, 11:21 AM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian
The operative word in that poll is halvskadad. Of course a majority don't want to see him play semi-injured.

Point is? I only used the poll as an example that the Swedish people do not DEMAND him to play, hence he does not have to feel like he is letting a whole country down by not participating. Because that has been used as an excuse around here to why he should play in the olympics.

Old
02-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Freudian
wild card, *****es

vCash: 50
Quote:
Point is? I only used the poll as an example that the Swedish people do not DEMAND him to play, hence he does not have to feel like he is letting a whole country down by not participating. Because that has been used as an excuse around here to why he should play in the olympics.
Point is that your conclusion from that poll "Right now the results are at 55 for staying home and 45 for going. Still, majority wants him to stay home." is absurd.

The poll was about him playing semi-injured or not, and not about if he should stay home or not. If he is ok, pretty much every swede want him to play. If he isn't ok, he won't play no matter what anyone thinks. This isn't an injury you can play through.

Old
02-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian
Point is that your conclusion from that poll "Right now the results are at 55 for staying home and 45 for going. Still, majority wants him to stay home." is absurd.

The poll was about him playing semi-injured or not, and not about if he should stay home or not. If he is ok, pretty much every swede want him to play. If he isn't ok, he won't play no matter what anyone thinks. This isn't an injury you can play through.

Yes, but since I already stated in the poll question that we are dealing with a Forsberg that is less than 100% I did not think I had to repeat it in the conclusion of the poll.
But for you I will.
"Right now the results are at 55 for staying home and 45 for going. Still, majority wants him to stay home if he is less than 100%".

Does not change the fact that there is ow demand from the Swedish people that he has to play, which is the only reason the poll was brought up, as an argument against the fact that Forsberg has to play because his country demands it.

Closed Thread