HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

ECQF #5 - RANGERS @ Canadiens | 7 PM | CBC,TVAS,MSG

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2017, 02:55 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I hope so but who knows. Games 2-3 NYR looked sloppy as hell. Game 4 we looked like we couldn't generate anything.

Which story will come out tonight? Hopefully game 3 habs.
For sure, you never know, it's just that, we've seen the Rangers at their best and they still look incredibly beatable. I think it's the Habs series to lose. As much as their offense struggles, they are still the better team in every other facet.

Old
04-20-2017, 02:58 PM
yoteshot
Lazy Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedunceofhockey View Post
King has more goals than Paches, just saying
Needs more context.

Patches has negative goals?

Old
04-20-2017, 03:11 PM
Tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
For sure, you never know, it's just that, we've seen the Rangers at their best and they still look incredibly beatable. I think it's the Habs series to lose. As much as their offense struggles, they are still the better team in every other facet.
I agree with you, the Habs play like Tuesday and this series will be the Rangers.
They are the better team, but in the playoffs it's the team that works the hardest that wins.

Look at Chicoutimi beating Rouyn Noranda in the Q. Hardest working team wins.

Oh and my last point, if the Habs let the frickin Rags crash the net the will lose.

Please hurt them, k thanks.

Old
04-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Phenom

I'm 0-2 when watching home alone and I'm 2-0 when watching at friends place and drinking.

Tonight i'll be watching with friends at one of my friends place and drinking beer.

Might aswell create the PGT now.

Old
04-20-2017, 03:19 PM
scrubadam

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedunceofhockey View Post
I agree with you, the Habs play like Tuesday and this series will be the Rangers.
They are the better team, but in the playoffs it's the team that works the hardest that wins.

Look at Chicoutimi beating Rouyn Noranda in the Q. Hardest working team wins.

Oh and my last point, if the Habs let the frickin Rags crash the net the will lose.

Please hurt them, k thanks.
Yup. Game 4 Rangers were first on puck and won the 50/50 battles. It was night and day between game 3 where the habs forcheck was ferocious and causing ranger turn overs.

If habs aren't going to win the battles they aren't winning the game thats all there is to it.

And habs need to get to the net because HL is letting up some nice rebounds. Again first on puck!

Old
04-20-2017, 03:19 PM
Milhouse40

- Return to the Bell Center after that dramatic win last time
- Return of Alexei Emelin
- Pacioretty is probably super pump after criticism
- Julien is getting the last change

Habs win.

Old
04-20-2017, 03:23 PM
Hot Dog Water Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubadam View Post
Well I keep reading how the habs have to score 3 goals to win games. Hank didn't need 3 goals to win game 1 and 4. Andersson didn't need 3 goals to win last night against the B's. But for Price to win a game this round habs need 3 goals or more.

So if you have to score 3 to win why invest in one of the best goalies in the world? Would you trade JT for Price straight up right now if it meant habs would score a minimum of 3 goals every game?

Personally I think Price has it in him to win the close games I would like to see him step up and do it for the team over the next 3 games. Thats why I also don't think that the only way habs can win is if they get 4 goals in a game. With Price back there they should be able to squeak out the 2-1/1-0 wins. Not every game of course but this series the offense should up for 2 games and didn't for 2 others. So for 1 of those games it would be nice for Price to show why he is elite and a superstar and tell the team I know you don't have it tonight I got this one.

And not talking about RS, we are in the playoffs now. Just like Max deserves his bashing because of 0 goals in 4 games the other superstar can be called upon to stand up. And we shouldn't bash Price he isn't the reason for losses but to be elite you have to put the team on your back. Ask Brady or Lebron or Jordan about it.
The thing is, if say Price doesn't let that 2nd goal in last game.. it is a totally different game. If we score the next goal instead, the Rangers are stuck playing more offensive and it could cause issues defensively which lead to more chances offensively for us. Unfortunately, we were stuck chasing the rest of the game and the Rangers clogged the neutral zone and he front of their net barely giving us any chances.

I think Price has been great, but those were saves he usually makes given how he's played for us in the past and it gives us higher expectations.

Cam Talbot has managed to win 2 games with his team scoring 5 goals in 4 games so far, Jake Allen has managed to win 3 games with his team scoring 7 goals in 4 games.. other goalies have managed to win with their teams barely scoring.

Old
04-20-2017, 03:23 PM
Phenom

There's nothing like watching the Habs in the playoffs with friends and going crazy and screaming like a maniac when they score a goal.

I almost rear naked choked my friend when Radulov scored the OT winner and when Weber made it 2-0 in game 3.

Last edited by Phenom: 04-20-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old
04-20-2017, 03:27 PM
Tank Toad

Quote:
Well I keep reading how the habs have to score 3 goals to win games. Hank didn't need 3 goals to win game 1 and 4. Andersson didn't need 3 goals to win last night against the B's. But for Price to win a game this round habs need 3 goals or more.

So if you have to score 3 to win why invest in one of the best goalies in the world? Would you trade JT for Price straight up right now if it meant habs would score a minimum of 3 goals every game?

Personally I think Price has it in him to win the close games I would like to see him step up and do it for the team over the next 3 games. Thats why I also don't think that the only way habs can win is if they get 4 goals in a game. With Price back there they should be able to squeak out the 2-1/1-0 wins. Not every game of course but this series the offense should up for 2 games and didn't for 2 others. So for 1 of those games it would be nice for Price to show why he is elite and a superstar and tell the team I know you don't have it tonight I got this one.

And not talking about RS, we are in the playoffs now. Just like Max deserves his bashing because of 0 goals in 4 games the other superstar can be called upon to stand up. And we shouldn't bash Price he isn't the reason for losses but to be elite you have to put the team on your back. Ask Brady or Lebron or Jordan about it.
With regards to Max, it would be very different if he was in the dirty areas winning puck battles, carrying the puck into the ozone, making smart passes etc. if he was playing hard and was snake bit, whatever that stuff happens. At least he is checking, driving the net, battleing hard in the corners and winning said battles.

What I take issue with ( I don't think I'm alone) is the fact that outside of sniping some goals, the dude does nothing else. He floats, he is as timid as a new puppy, he has tried these no look back passes which failed every time in the past few games and appears to not play with any urgency( see dying seconds). I just don't think Max is the type of player with that hunger, hands and drive , unfortunately for him , he is wearing the C and that is what most people , including myself expect.

Old
04-20-2017, 03:27 PM
PsychoticHab

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Disappointed in the lines. Galchenyuk and Radulov looked good together and King has provided nothing that McCarron can't. If anything King is a liability on the ice.
A brain?

Both Martinsen and McCarron play a very reactionary game whereas King, at least defensively, knows where to be at all times. He's the one from the bunch that isn't a "liability". Sure I wish he provided more offence but that is the 4th line and so far they have not been the issue in the series.

Old
04-20-2017, 03:31 PM
get25

vCash: 788
Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Petry, Beaulieu, Markov, Shaw can all produce more on offense.

Also, Byron and Lehkonen can also improve.

If Pacioretty pokes the puck behind McDonagh he could have scored a goal.

Old
04-20-2017, 03:34 PM
scrubadam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respeck View Post
The thing is, if say Price doesn't let that 2nd goal in last game.. it is a totally different game. If we score the next goal instead, the Rangers are stuck playing more offensive and it could cause issues defensively which lead to more chances offensively for us. Unfortunately, we were stuck chasing the rest of the game and the Rangers clogged the neutral zone and he front of their net barely giving us any chances.

I think Price has been great, but those were saves he usually makes given how he's played for us in the past and it gives us higher expectations.

Cam Talbot has managed to win 2 games with his team scoring 5 goals in 4 games so far, Jake Allen has managed to win 3 games with his team scoring 7 goals in 4 games.. other goalies have managed to win with their teams barely scoring.
I agree. I don't expect Price to pitch a shut out every game, but the his teammates came through for him in game 3 and 4.

If not for Pleks and Rads in game 3 Price looks like a Sieve who let the rangers back into a 2-1 game the habs had in hand. If not for the team dominating Rags in game 3 and getting 3 goals the team isn't up 2-1.

So pay it forward and say I know these guys don't have the offense of the last 2 games I am going to take into my own hands because I am the best in the world and steal a game.

And thanks for pointing out the other goalies. But I am sure posters will try and point out how those other goalies aren't in the same special unique situation that only applies to Price. Like HL is being downplayed as if he is only "lucky" and stopping "perimeter" shots. HL won 2 games when his team didn't have much offense either. So it doesn't take 3 goals to win a game sometimes it takes 1 or 2. Lets hope that we can be on that side of the ledger in 1 of the next 3 games.

Old
04-20-2017, 03:36 PM
scrubadam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank Toad View Post
With regards to Max, it would be very different if he was in the dirty areas winning puck battles, carrying the puck into the ozone, making smart passes etc. if he was playing hard and was snake bit, whatever that stuff happens. At least he is checking, driving the net, battleing hard in the corners and winning said battles.

What I take issue with ( I don't think I'm alone) is the fact that outside of sniping some goals, the dude does nothing else. He floats, he is as timid as a new puppy, he has tried these no look back passes which failed every time in the past few games and appears to not play with any urgency( see dying seconds). I just don't think Max is the type of player with that hunger, hands and drive , unfortunately for him , he is wearing the C and that is what most people , including myself expect.
Max is a sniper and his way is to score goals. If he isn't scoring he isn't doing his job. 0 goals in 4 games from our best scorer and star isn't enough. I don't really care about the rest he just needs to put puck in net!

its a best of 3 right now. Time for Max to step up as well and get a goal or 2 for the team. They are counting on him. I don't think Max deserves bashing for the other stuff but he deserves to be called out for his 0 goals because his job/game is scoring.

Old
04-20-2017, 03:42 PM
Tank Toad

Quote:
Max is a sniper and his way is to score goals. If he isn't scoring he isn't doing his job. 0 goals in 4 games from our best scorer and star isn't enough. I don't really care about the rest he just needs to put puck in net!

its a best of 3 right now. Time for Max to step up as well and get a goal or 2 for the team. They are counting on him. I don't think Max deserves bashing for the other stuff but he deserves to be called out for his 0 goals because his job/game is scoring.
well I may disagree on the other items, I agree with your assessment with regards to him needing goals. We need them bad!!!!

Old
04-20-2017, 04:01 PM
Stive Morgan
It's only game

vCash: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I have an exam from 7-10 so I am missing the entire game...
They gave us the day off from school so we could all go to the gym and watch the 2014 Olympic women's ice hockey gold medal game (but this was in high school not university)

04-20-2017, 04:02 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireBergevin

don't give up the 1st goal

???

profit

Old
04-20-2017, 04:11 PM
Adam Michaels

I don't care if Habs score the first goal or get scored on first. I won't care if they're down by 2 at some point in the game. As long as Habs come out with the win.

And even if they lose tonight, it won't be a favorable situation, but they're not eliminated so nothing stops them from winning the next two. Don't forget Boston in 2014. The series was tied 2-2, Boston won Game 5, but Habs won Game 6 and 7.

Old
04-20-2017, 04:16 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Michaels View Post
I don't care if Habs score the first goal or get scored on first. I won't care if they're down by 2 at some point in the game. As long as Habs come out with the win.

And even if they lose tonight, it won't be a favorable situation, but they're not eliminated so nothing stops them from winning the next two. Don't forget Boston in 2014. The series was tied 2-2, Boston won Game 5, but Habs won Game 6 and 7.
Subban and Eller were beast mode.. Vanek was there and scoring, I think Pacioretty even scored a goal.

Old
04-20-2017, 04:17 PM
Deebs
Canadians win

Old
04-20-2017, 04:18 PM
antoniojr
RADULOVE

I'm no expert but what has King done to own a spot in the line-up thus far? Real head scratcher, that one...
Insanely anxious about this one. Bad anxious.

Old
04-20-2017, 04:21 PM
Tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniojr View Post
I'm no expert but what has King done to own a spot in the line-up thus far? Real head scratcher, that one...
Insanely anxious about this one. Bad anxious.
Playoff experience. Sometimes, you just have to go with it. Leafs could use him.

Old
04-20-2017, 04:21 PM
Simarino

[QUOTE=Goldenhands;131181081]King in, we lose that game. Stupid CJ..[/QUO

really!!???

Old
04-20-2017, 04:23 PM
Stive Morgan
It's only game

vCash: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
I'm 0-2 when watching home alone and I'm 2-0 when watching at friends place and drinking.

Tonight i'll be watching with friends at one of my friends place and drinking beer.

Might aswell create the PGT now.

I'm 0-2 for watching the games on TV and 2-0 for listening on the radio. I'm at work again tonight so this one will be radio. Doubling up on the superstition.

Old
04-20-2017, 04:30 PM
greyboy67

Quote:

So let me see if I get this—you think Pacioretty needs to score some goals?

Old
04-20-2017, 04:31 PM
DangerDave
Leptit prince et moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milhouse40 View Post
- Return to the Bell Center after that dramatic win last time
- Return of Alexei Emelin
- Pacioretty is probably super pump after criticism
- Julien is getting the last change

Habs win.
Usually Patches breaks out when he's under the microscope. Expecting a big game out of him.

Closed Thread