HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Teams I really, really want to lose

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2003, 05:34 AM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Teams I really, really want to lose

I hate to say it, but I want these to teams to lose everygame. Buffalo: For all the trash they talked after they acquired Delmore; Atlanta: For the trash the few fans on here said about being better than us without Heatley; and Columbus: To shut up some of those naysayers who think they are better than us.

Notice the trend? Anywho, I want these teams to have miserable seasons (well, with Columbus, I really just want to beat them head-to-head and finishe ahead of them in the standings).

Old
10-11-2003, 10:18 AM
DocMcKay

I really can't wait to see Delmore's minus 50 rating at the end of the season.

Old
10-11-2003, 10:41 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

don't you mean the -50 in Goal Differential category?

Old
10-11-2003, 11:05 AM
DocMcKay

sure, I wasn't talking about his QB rating.

Old
10-11-2003, 11:13 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
- and Columbus: To shut up some of those naysayers who think they are better than us.

Notice the trend? Anywho, I want these teams to have miserable seasons (well, with Columbus, I really just want to beat them head-to-head and finishe ahead of them in the standings).

Old
10-11-2003, 11:48 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

That's too funny

Old
10-12-2003, 01:13 PM
Blatny Spears

Quote:
Atlanta: For the trash the few fans on here said about being better than us without Heatley
Tsk tsk ... but Atlanta is better than Nashville, even without Heatley. Didn't the 5-2 thrashing Atlanta served the Preds last weekend with Heater in the hospital count for anything?

Old
10-12-2003, 01:27 PM
Radulov for Czar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatny Spears
Tsk tsk ... but Atlanta is better than Nashville, even without Heatley. Didn't the 5-2 thrashing Atlanta served the Preds last weekend with Heater in the hospital count for anything?
If it did, then we should just hand the Islanders the cup now, cuz they won't lose a game this season.. wait.. they already did.

Old
10-12-2003, 03:04 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

It was pre-season. Nobody is playing their real lineups. Enough said.

Old
10-12-2003, 03:05 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Is there a more ridiculous post on this board? I'll say this, never mind, you wouldn't understand it

Old
10-12-2003, 03:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
well, i'll tell you what...if we leave out all of our PK guys...and play guys like Robert Schnabel that have no business playing penalty-kill again...I'll just go ahead and give you the win, anyway. You won a preseason game. that doesn't make you the better team.

Old
10-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Blatny Spears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrocketman
It was pre-season. Nobody is playing their real lineups. Enough said.
Which 'real' players was Nashville sitting for that game? Greg Johnson, Jason York, and Kimmo Timonen are the only ones I know of. For Atlanta, Serge Aubin and Ronald Petrovicky sat. The Preds scratches for that particular game were better, but not three goals better. We beat y'all a week before and we beat you last regular season. We beat you last preseason too - that was our annual morning matinee, I remember it well. What I don't remember is the last time Nashville beat Atlanta. Shoot, we even finished with a better record than y'all last year too.

This hurts me more than it hurts y'all, but "Wake up, Predlies!" It's not 2000 anymore. The Preds have been spinning their wheels while the Thrashers keep improving. The truth hurts.

Old
10-12-2003, 04:11 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Which 'real' players was Nashville sitting for that game? Greg Johnson, Jason York, and Kimmo Timonen are the only ones I know of. For Atlanta, Serge Aubin and Ronald Petrovicky sat. The Preds scratches for that particular game were better, but not three goals better. We beat y'all a week before and we beat you last regular season. We beat you last preseason too - that was our annual morning matinee, I remember it well. What I don't remember is the last time Nashville beat Atlanta. Shoot, we even finished with a better record than y'all last year too.

This hurts me more than it hurts y'all, but "Wake up, Predlies!" It's not 2000 anymore. The Preds have been spinning their wheels while the Thrashers keep improving. The truth hurts.
hm, we finish with the same amount of points as you last year...take the league by storm, come within 2 points of the playoffs....before losing 2\3s of our top line...as well as going the whole year with the third most mangames lost to injury...and you're trying to tell me you're the better team last year? haha, okay, buddy. okay.

Old
10-12-2003, 04:18 PM
Radulov for Czar*

sounds to me like someone is bitter about losing thier top player for the season (maybe longer), so he must keep reverting back to the past.

Old
10-12-2003, 05:02 PM
SmokeyClause

The tied us last year with Heatley. And now they are without and will beat us. Interesting prediction.

Old
10-12-2003, 05:08 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

yeah, but don't forget, smokey...we lost crushing blueliners andy delmore, cale hulse and bill houlder. we've got NO shot! think they'll let us borrow good ol' franky kablerle?

Old
10-12-2003, 05:12 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
yeah, but don't forget, smokey...we lost crushing blueliners andy delmore, cale hulse and bill houlder. we've got NO shot! think they'll let us borrow good ol' franky kablerle?
Yeah, my statement is kind of a tongue in cheek shot at Blatny. Using my static reasoning to determine the outcomes of this season. Atlanta 2003 (with Heatley) = Atlanta 2004 (with Heatley). Therefor Atlanta 2003 (with Heatley) > Atlanta 2004 (without Heatley). It's about as reasonable as saying "we beat you in the preseason, so therefore blah, blah blah". I'm sure the Blues are shaking in their space boots since we beat them 5-1 two Saturdays ago.

Old
10-12-2003, 05:17 PM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
Someone save this thread, will be fun to throw it back in a certain someones face after all is said and done...

Old
10-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Blatny Spears

Quote:
The tied us last year with Heatley. And now they are without and will beat us. Interesting prediction.
Ummm, no. We beat you 3-2 last year on March 29th in Nashville. That was our only meeting of the season. I don't know where all this Atlanta 2003 = Atlanta 2004 business comes from. A full season under Bob Hartley will see to it that 2004 >> 2003. When will David Poile wise up like Don Waddell did and can his underachieving inaugural coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
sounds to me like someone is bitter about losing thier top player for the season (maybe longer), so he must keep reverting back to the past.
Like I said previously, if Preds fans think their team is better than Atlanta, then who is it that's really living in the past? Atlanta is better now and will be in the future, with or without Heatley. Nashville was better a few years ago, but not any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFan77
Someone save this thread, will be fun to throw it back in a certain someones face after all is said and done...
That's fine with me, but just remember that I didn't start the thread. I just came to address the thread starter's statement about Thrasher fans and their beliefs about their team.

Old
10-12-2003, 06:40 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
That's fine with me, but just remember that I didn't start the thread. I just came to address the thread starter's statement about Thrasher fans and their beliefs about their team.
No, you came to pick a fight. I said I wanted the Thrashers to lose so that Nashville would be better than them for reasons you've touched on. You addressed nothing.

And the '=' thing stems for your ridiculous 'preseason win = regular season win' conclusion. Would have thought that would be clear

Old
10-12-2003, 08:13 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Explain to me again how the Thrashers are a "better team" without Heatly in the lineup.....

Old
10-12-2003, 08:15 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

On a sidenote, did anyone watch the Phoenix/Anaheim game tonight?? Hulse was atrocious. Whenever his man got the puck, he tackled them. Fortunately, the refs were in a generous mood and were not calling jack, *i'm noticing a trend this year*.

Old
10-13-2003, 06:06 AM
3mta3

Quote:
They can try using my Ray Whitney argument (it's ok, I don't have it patented).

Old
10-13-2003, 06:52 AM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Ummm, no. We beat you 3-2 last year on March 29th in Nashville. That was our only meeting of the season.
He was talking about points wise, not a game. And I guarantee you that if we were in the weak Southeast, we'd have racked up more wins. Compare the schedules, we play the Wings (6), Blues (6), Stars (4) and Avs (4). The Thrashers play the Lightning, Caps, Panthers and Hurricanes six times each. The Eastern Conference is weaker overall than the West.

Quote:
A full season under Bob Hartley will see to it that 2004 >> 2003. When will David Poile wise up like Don Waddell did and can his underachieving inaugural coach?
Hmm, Trotz is generally considered to have overachieved by hockey people. We don't have a Ted Turner bankrolling our team, you know.

I'll give you this, Atlanta has some great young players but so do we. You just get better press.

Old
10-13-2003, 07:21 AM
tulsytrid1

Actually, I would like Atlanta to do well. I was rooting for them to make the playoffs last season. I like the way they are building their team. Much like Poile is building ours...mainly through the draft. Sure they have signed some veteran players; however, they are mainly building through the draft. I don't think Ted Turner owns the Thrashers anymore. Losing Heatley is HUGE. It puts a dent into their playoff hopes. I thought with Heatley, the Thrash had a good chance to make the playoffs; they will struggle without him. I say from one Preds fan good luck to the Thrash. I like to see "non-traditional" hockey teams do well.

BTW Spears, if you are really a hockey fan, you should know that Pre-season means nothing. Neither does last season for that matter (the Ducks owned us last season). It is about this season. Don't under-estimate the Preds just by from what you have read from some ESPN hockey analyst. They don't know $#*$. Either way it will be a good season of hockey. Hartley is a Hard-Arse as a coach and should have the Thrash playing more responsibly in their own end. Trotz is a good coach as well who has shown success when he has the talant and a healthy team, so firing Trotz is not the answer for the Preds.

Now back to the orginal theme of the Thread. Team I really really want to lose.

Jackets- They have become our rivarly as far as I am concerned, so I have to put them at the top of the list.
Wings- Obvious. First round exit would be very nice.
Rags- I want Dunham to fail. I hate teams from NYC. Payroll~70mil.
Leafs- Dirty SOB's got dirtier with the Marchment signing.
Wild- Trap. Trap. Trap. I mean I know a lot of teams use the trap, but not 82 gamesX60 mins a game.
Hawks- In our division... gritty games... Broke David's collar bone and our post season hopes last season.
Devils- Win too much.
Vancouver- One word... Bertuzzi what a whiney baby.
Avs- Ditto. Avs moved down the list since they picked up Karlis.

Closed Thread