HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Around the League 2016-2017 Part XII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2017, 12:23 PM
  #1
Romang67
Moderator
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Bay Area
Country: Sweden
Posts: 21,783
vCash: 500
Around the League 2016-2017 Part XII

Old thread over 1000 posts.

Last few posts in that thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
Wonder if Jack has a buddy he is going to get hired as the new GM....His dad will prob get the new coaching job
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
Some owners will burn the house down because a wasp flew in. Ours sits in his comfy chair and watches it build a nest in his living room. Either way, I don't think I want to live in that house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
You are quickly ascending Mount Pessimism. Sip, JF815 and I have you in sight, and we look forward to welcoming you at the summit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffus23 View Post
Anaheim is really really good at drafting and developing Dmen. Anyone have insight into how they do it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorgisPer60 View Post
Tim hasn't really done well enough in that regard, I guess. He was a very aggressive GM, and his good moves had a more positive outcome on the team than the negative ones. The defense is still *****, but the goaltending and forwards were quite good. Bylsma had to go, but Tim didn't need to be fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
I'm sure Chevy has a cunning plan.

Carry on.

__________________
Team Dunderhead
Winner of the inaugural Romang Award 2014
Romang67 is online now  
Old
04-20-2017, 12:23 PM
  #2
Tom ServoMST3K
PAINT LIVES!
 
Tom ServoMST3K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Just off 75
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,270
vCash: 949


lol.

Tom ServoMST3K is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 12:32 PM
  #3
SLAYER
GO JETS GO
 
SLAYER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,561
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post


lol.
lol the # of Stanley Cups got me good.

__________________

Hearts Racin', Cup Chasin'
SLAYER is online now  
Old
04-20-2017, 12:34 PM
  #4
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain
 
nobody important's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: a quiet suburb
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,288
vCash: 500

Just need to get Eichel's head photoshopped into the logo.

nobody important is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 12:38 PM
  #5
Tom ServoMST3K
PAINT LIVES!
 
Tom ServoMST3K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Just off 75
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,270
vCash: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post

Just need to get Eichel's head photoshopped into the logo.
Buffalo just announced a jersey rebranding:



(I actually made this one.)

Tom ServoMST3K is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 12:44 PM
  #6
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
Buffalo just announced a jersey rebranding:



(I actually made this one.)
Where can I pick up one of those beauty's :p

surixon is online now  
Old
04-20-2017, 12:52 PM
  #7
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain
 
nobody important's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: a quiet suburb
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
Buffalo just announced a jersey rebranding:



(I actually made this one.)
Awesome. Maybe something like this for the secondary logo...


nobody important is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 12:57 PM
  #8
Tom ServoMST3K
PAINT LIVES!
 
Tom ServoMST3K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Just off 75
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,270
vCash: 949
It's probably the right move, but the optics have some awesome meme potential.

Tom ServoMST3K is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 01:35 PM
  #9
Hank Chinaski
Global Moderator
\_(ツ)_/
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: YWG
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,564
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post


lol.
Elmira Jack(Eich)als.

Hank Chinaski is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 01:48 PM
  #10
Maukkis
ScheifElite
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3,524
vCash: 500
Last night, I jokingly asked my dad whether Bylsma would be at the helm on Saturday or not. The answer was "no, obviously those kids don't have THAT much leverage".

It literally took under 24 hours for him to get canned. Someone was shocked.

Maukkis is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 01:57 PM
  #11
Chewmasey
Registered User
 
Chewmasey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 402
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maukkis View Post
Last night, I jokingly asked my dad whether Bylsma would be at the helm on Saturday or not. The answer was "no, obviously those kids don't have THAT much leverage".

It literally took under 24 hours for him to get canned. Someone was shocked.
I wasn't shocked Bylsma got fired, but Murray also getting canned was a bit shocking.
Eichel is the face of the franchise, so you really shouldn't be all that surprised.

Chewmasey is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 02:10 PM
  #12
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,369
vCash: 50
Real funny Tom ServoMST3K!

Would anyone trade Ehlers for Gaudreau, I wouldn't, Ehlers is the better player!

sipowicz is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 02:13 PM
  #13
Tom ServoMST3K
PAINT LIVES!
 
Tom ServoMST3K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Just off 75
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,270
vCash: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Real funny Tom ServoMST3K!

Would anyone trade Ehlers for Gaudreau, I wouldn't, Ehlers is the better player!
What's the point? Trading a skill winger for what? Another skill winger?

I'd rather just keep our guy, even if Gaudreau is a bit better.

Tom ServoMST3K is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 02:16 PM
  #14
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,369
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
What's the point? Trading a skill winger for what? Another skill winger?

I'd rather just keep our guy, even if Gaudreau is a bit better.
My point is all the hype about Gaudreau in the media, Ehlers in my opinion is the better player.

sipowicz is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 02:24 PM
  #15
Tom ServoMST3K
PAINT LIVES!
 
Tom ServoMST3K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Just off 75
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,270
vCash: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
My point is all the hype about Gaudreau in the media, Ehlers in my opinion is the better player.
Gaudreau is the better player right now, but not by much.

Tom ServoMST3K is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 02:34 PM
  #16
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,183
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
It's probably the right move, but the optics have some awesome meme potential.
^This

Eichel is taking a lot of heat over this but somebody had to speak up. Bylsma really had to go and it didn't appear to be happening. If Murray wanted to keep his job he had to fire Bylsma the day after the Sabres played their last game. Eichel would never have had to open his mouth.

It might have been time for Murray to go anyway. He didn't seem able to put the finishing touches on the rebuild. Maybe that was coaching but I think he failed to get full value for the wealth of assets he had acquired.

Mortimer Snerd is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 02:40 PM
  #17
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,183
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
Gaudreau is the better player right now, but not by much.
I'm with Sip on this one - but it is very close right now. I think that by the time Ehlers reaches the age Gaudreau is now it will be clear.

Mortimer Snerd is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 02:48 PM
  #18
Maukkis
ScheifElite
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewmasey View Post
I wasn't shocked Bylsma got fired, but Murray also getting canned was a bit shocking.
Eichel is the face of the franchise, so you really shouldn't be all that surprised.
Those were my thoughts as well. I think Murray has done a decent job after all - he has acquired some serious firepower and good complementary pieces, as well as drafted a solid core for the team. That may have been unjustified, but who knows what was going on in the FO anyway.

Maukkis is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 03:13 PM
  #19
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 27,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
I'm with Sip on this one - but it is very close right now. I think that by the time Ehlers reaches the age Gaudreau is now it will be clear.
No way I'd trade Ehlers for Gaudreau. That type of speed along with his skillset makes Ehlers the more high impact player over the long haul.

Whileee is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 03:24 PM
  #20
JetsFan815
It can't be done :(
 
JetsFan815's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 7,931
vCash: 500
So both Bylsma and Murray had 3 years left on their deals. Serious question, can anyone see our ownership firing someone while they are on the hook for 3 years of their salary? Let alone 2 people like Sabres did? Hoping Bylsma gets scooped soon by some team so Chevy doesn't have the option of bringing him onboard down the road.

I almost get the sinking feeling that the Sabres are going to get the Lombardi/Sutter duo.

JetsFan815 is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 03:29 PM
  #21
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 27,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
So both Bylsma and Murray had 3 years left on their deals. Serious question, can anyone see our ownership firing someone while they are on the hook for 3 years of their salary? Let alone 2 people like Sabres did? Hoping Bylsma gets scooped soon by some team so Chevy doesn't have the option of bringing him onboard down the road.

I almost get the sinking feeling that the Sabres are going to get the Lombardi/Sutter duo.
I seriously don't want a trigger happy owner who makes rash decisions. It seldom works out.

Whileee is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 03:43 PM
  #22
Aavco Cup
Registered User
 
Aavco Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,782
vCash: 300

Aavco Cup is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 04:51 PM
  #23
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,183
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
No way I'd trade Ehlers for Gaudreau. That type of speed along with his skillset makes Ehlers the more high impact player over the long haul.
Yup, even without considering age/contract.

Ehlers may plateau, which would be a little disappointing. Gaudreau probably already has.

Mortimer Snerd is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 06:11 PM
  #24
Guardian17
Strong & Free
 
Guardian17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,217
vCash: 500

Guardian17 is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 06:21 PM
  #25
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain
 
nobody important's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: a quiet suburb
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
I'm hoping for Werenski now. Since Laine won't get it, that's my Anybody But Matthews vote.

nobody important is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.