HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peter Forsberg is going to the Olympics

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2006, 01:28 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Peter Forsberg is going to the Olympics

The Swedish superstar had an MRI on Sunday. Official results have not been made public, but there was apparently still a little problem with Forsberg's groin. However, after meeting today with Flyers' general manager Bob Clarke, Forsberg got the green light to go to Torino.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=154781&hubname=

I don't know, but if I were a Flyers fan, I'd be pretty pissed about this news... You miss a few months for your real team that is paying you, but as soon as these Olympics start, you're ready to go..Ouch.

Old
02-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I'm not a Flyers fan, but I'm pissed off. Pitkänen can't go but Forsberg can? Kapanen I'll give a pass on, but I'm still disappointed.

Old
02-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Kostik

Yes! I'm huge fan of Foppa.
When healthy, he and Jagr are alone in their own elite class.
Can't wait when Czechs will play against Sweden, hope it will not be in 1/4 finals.

Old
02-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
The Swedish superstar had an MRI on Sunday. Official results have not been made public, but there was apparently still a little problem with Forsberg's groin. However, after meeting today with Flyers' general manager Bob Clarke, Forsberg got the green light to go to Torino.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=154781&hubname=

I don't know, but if I were a Flyers fan, I'd be pretty pissed about this news... You miss a few months for your real team that is paying you, but as soon as these Olympics start, you're ready to go..Ouch.
In all honesty Forsberg pulled his right groin. It usually takes 10-14 days to heal. He went back to early and aggrevated it in practise about a week ago. He won't play untill saturday. Then it will have been 24 days since he first injured it.

From my perspective the Flyers organization is showing their true self again and this wouldn't even have been a big issue if they had supported him. Lets say the same thing happend to Jagr 19 days ago. His prognos would have been 2 weeks but it took a little longer for him to get healty. Do you think Sather would have been all over the press complaining about Jagr gooing if he where healty?

I can't understand where the if he can't play for us he can't play for them reasoning is comming from? Its not like he is playing for them at the same time he couldn't play for us, right? No doubt if the Flyers had a game on Saturday Forsberg would be back.

Old
02-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
I can't understand where the if he can't play for us he can't play for them reasoning is comming from? Its not like he is playing for them at the same time he couldn't play for us, right? No doubt if the Flyers had a game on Saturday Forsberg would be back.
How do you know that for sure? Answer is, you don't. All I know is that he was supposed to come back for the game against the Islanders, but he "aggravated" the injury again, and he sits out for the rest of the games. Now all of a sudden he's good to go for the Olympics.

If the guy didn't wanna play in America, he should just go back home, I would have NO problem with that. But the fact is, he is being paid to play for the Flyers and I'm not 100% sure he cares totally about that team.

Old
02-13-2006, 07:46 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
How do you know that for sure? Answer is, you don't. All I know is that he was supposed to come back for the game against the Islanders, but he "aggravated" the injury again, and he sits out for the rest of the games. Now all of a sudden he's good to go for the Olympics.

If the guy didn't wanna play in America, he should just go back home, I would have NO problem with that. But the fact is, he is being paid to play for the Flyers and I'm not 100% sure he cares totally about that team.
why do you even care if he cares about flyers when you're a ranger fan? Besides, go and cry about Pronger since he is going to play injured for canada.

So why dont you make a big deal about Pronger?= huh?

I AM SO FED UP WITH THE PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW FORSBERGS SITUATION.

Old
02-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Gottokeeponrisin

who cares about the flyers. I hate them more than any team in the NHL!!!!!!!!!

Old
02-13-2006, 08:01 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
I'm not a Flyers fan, but I'm pissed off. Pitkänen can't go but Forsberg can? Kapanen I'll give a pass on, but I'm still disappointed.
Why? With any luck his groin will inflame and he'll be out of the flyer's season. What more can you ask for as a Ranger fan?

Old
02-13-2006, 08:03 PM
greasch#4

More then the fishsticks?!? I remember them owning us in the early 80s. There's a reason there's still a Potvin sux chant until this day!

Old
02-13-2006, 08:04 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SectionX
why do you even care if he cares about flyers when you're a ranger fan? Besides, go and cry about Pronger since he is going to play injured for canada.

So why dont you make a big deal about Pronger?= huh?

I AM SO FED UP WITH THE PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW FORSBERGS SITUATION.
I don't quite understand what the big deal is who goes and who doesn't want to go and who can't go. He's not being asked to join the army and fight for his country. He's being asked to play a game for his country. This Olympic stuff is taken WAAAAAAY to serious. It's a kid's game. I'm sorry, but I can't take scrubbing a broom in front of a rock serious or skate dancing serious or playing some hockey games serious. It's NOT that important.

Closed Thread