Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

knuble on the goaltending

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2003, 03:51 PM
DArnold850

vCash: 500
I know Mike Knuble a little bit, and there isn't a more humble, down-to-earth player in that room. I know there are people out there who were fans of John Grahame, fans of Steve Shields, fans of Tim Thomas and fans of Jeff Hackett (somewhere, I guess). Three of those four guys were not the easiest to work with or be around, and while I felt Tim Thomas was pretty normal, the other three were grumpy, erratic and not always easy to count on. Mike didn't say anything that nearly every guy in that room would not agree with. He didn't offer his negative opinions, he answered a direct question as honestly as he could. I find it hard to fault him for that.

Dale

Old
10-24-2003, 05:15 PM
ThorntoNeely198

Send a message via AIM to ThorntoNeely198
Quote:
Originally Posted by DArnold850
fans of Jeff Hackett (somewhere, I guess).

Dale
Jeff Hackett has opened up the world of professional hockey for an entire generation of blind people.

LEFT! LEFT! RIGHT! LEFT! LEFT!

Heck, who needs braille? I remember the first night he played at the Fleet (vs. Philly in a LOUD packed house) I was looking around to find the jerk who wouldn't stop yelling non-stop, assuming it was a fan. And I sit on the opposite side of the rink for two periods...

Seriously though, a lot of Montreal people came on these boards after the trade singing his praises. Guess he offered better interest rates than Theodore or something.

Old
10-25-2003, 09:56 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DArnold850
I know Mike Knuble a little bit, and there isn't a more humble, down-to-earth player in that room. I know there are people out there who were fans of John Grahame, fans of Steve Shields, fans of Tim Thomas and fans of Jeff Hackett (somewhere, I guess). Three of those four guys were not the easiest to work with or be around, and while I felt Tim Thomas was pretty normal, the other three were grumpy, erratic and not always easy to count on. Mike didn't say anything that nearly every guy in that room would not agree with. He didn't offer his negative opinions, he answered a direct question as honestly as he could. I find it hard to fault him for that.

Dale
Concur, Dale.

Mike Knuble is about as good and honest a guy as you will find anywhere in hockey these days.

None of us were there to hear the actual question that was asked of him reference the way the team has played in front of their goalies this year as opposed to last, nor did anyone hear the complete answer given by Knuble at the time.

Based on my knowledge of Knuble and the type of person he is, it looks to me like he isn't taking shots at anyone, but instead trying to honestly answer a journalist's question. What he said about the goaltending vis a vis last year and this is less an indictment of the way Shields and Grahame and Thomas and Hackett played, and more of a vote of confidence for Raycroft and Potvin.

Old
10-25-2003, 11:20 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ
Concur, Dale.

Mike Knuble is about as good and honest a guy as you will find anywhere in hockey these days.

None of us were there to hear the actual question that was asked of him reference the way the team has played in front of their goalies this year as opposed to last, nor did anyone hear the complete answer given by Knuble at the time.

Based on my knowledge of Knuble and the type of person he is, it looks to me like he isn't taking shots at anyone, but instead trying to honestly answer a journalist's question. What he said about the goaltending vis a vis last year and this is less an indictment of the way Shields and Grahame and Thomas and Hackett played, and more of a vote of confidence for Raycroft and Potvin.
If you ask the players (atleast some) away from the rink what they think of Raycroft you'd be thrilled at how good they think he will be. Dale I'm sure will find out soon enough if he already doesn't know that Potvin is going to be a pretty popular teammate- and there wont be any tension between he and Raycroft over who's going to be number one. Raycroft I would assume, err will assume, is smart enough to pick Felix's brain every chance he gets- and Potvin will no doubt happily oblige. The guy pulling the hardest for Raycroft the other night was Potvin and vice versa. Anyways, when I asked what .... thought of these guys it would be the equivalent of two thumbs- way up.

Closed Thread