HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Series Thread - WCSF - (C3) St. Louis Blues 2 vs (WC2) Nashville Predators 4

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2017, 07:37 AM
LCPreds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman00 View Post
We know Saturday is booked at both Edmonton and Anaheim. I just can't see there being a Friday start with Game 7 going until late into Wednesday night. However, I can see the NHL wanting to keep things rolling too. Last year, Round 3 started on May 13th...so either Friday or Sunday keeps with that trend. We will see.
Now that the Sens have closed it out I'm guessing Sat 5/13 start for ECF and Sun 5/14 start for WCF.

Wonder if Vegas has prop bet odds on this?

Old
05-10-2017, 07:40 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Correct...the setup for an awards show takes many days. It's not like a concert which can be set up day of and taken down right after for a game the next day. They had to make a decision early so the planning could begin for the alternate location (Music City Center). That should be interesting and I've always wondered how the city would handle both CMA Fest and the Cup Finals in the same week. I hope I get to see it. That being said, I'm amazed how many people despise an event that happens only in Nashville that people from around the world plan their year around to come in to see. It's something to be proud of, not something to be disgusted by.
The hate comes from having to deal with the hassle of it, especially if you work downtown.

Quote:
We know Saturday is booked at both Edmonton and Anaheim. I just can't see there being a Friday start with Game 7 going until late into Wednesday night. However, I can see the NHL wanting to keep things rolling too. Last year, Round 3 started on May 13th...so either Friday or Sunday keeps with that trend. We will see.
They did this to us last year, played the Ducks game 7 late on a Wednesday night, and then played San Jose on Friday.

Old
05-10-2017, 07:44 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPreds View Post
Now that the Sens have closed it out I'm guessing Sat 5/13 start for ECF and Sun 5/14 start for WCF.

Wonder if Vegas has prop bet odds on this?
What will determine this is who makes it between Pitt and Washington. Pitt has an empty arena until the 20th, but Washington is booked Saturday and Sunday with other sporting events (Arena Football and WNBA).

Old
05-10-2017, 08:05 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post

They did this to us last year, played the Ducks game 7 late on a Wednesday night, and then played San Jose on Friday.
True, but that was us. I sure wouldn't bet anything significant on them doing the same thing to Edmonton. Can't have Connor McDavid tired you know.

Old
05-10-2017, 08:20 AM
drwpreds

I would LOVE the series starting on Sunday- it would almost guarantee a weekend game 4.

Old
05-10-2017, 08:34 AM
LCPreds

Quote:
What will determine this is who makes it between Pitt and Washington. Pitt has an empty arena until the 20th, but Washington is booked Saturday and Sunday with other sporting events (Arena Football and WNBA).
I completely overlooked the Washington event even though I did actually look it up. Oops. Well that sucks. Go Pens? I'd prefer the Caps to win for Trotz but I also want game 4 at Bridgestone on Saturday!

Old
05-10-2017, 08:40 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPreds View Post
I completely overlooked the Washington event even though I did actually look it up. Oops. Well that sucks. Go Pens? I'd prefer the Caps to win for Trotz but I also want game 4 at Bridgestone on Saturday!
Washington allows us to start on Sunday, the Penguins kinda forces us to start on Friday unless the league wants to put in a few days rest for Edmonton/Anaheim.

Old
05-10-2017, 08:50 AM
codeman00

Quote:
Washington allows us to start on Sunday, the Penguins kinda forces us to start on Friday unless the league wants to put in a few days rest for Edmonton/Anaheim.
Great info. Go Washington!

Old
05-10-2017, 09:15 AM
deanwormer

This seems like such an easy call: West starts Sunday, East Fri if Wash, Sat if Pits. Wash is already home so they don't have to travel, plus travel in the East isn't exactly a burden unless you got a FL team in there.....

Old
05-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Jonesey
Dept. of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
This seems like such an easy call: West starts Sunday, East Fri if Wash, Sat if Pits. Wash is already home so they don't have to travel, plus travel in the East isn't exactly a burden unless you got a FL team in there.....
I want us to start as soon as possible. No rest for a team that took all 7 games to win. We had to go without and extra day's rest last season so make it happen again.

Old
05-10-2017, 09:23 AM
TitansVolsPreds615

Really want us to start Friday. Ideally we sweep and so does the Eastern Conference team so we can start the Cup early enough for me to catch a few games!

Old
05-10-2017, 09:23 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
I want us to start as soon as possible. No rest for a team that took all 7 games to win. We had to go without and extra day's rest last season so make it happen again.
Exactly! That should be the benefit to winning early rather than going all 7 games.

Old
05-10-2017, 10:24 AM
LCPreds

Quote:
Good eye. This is what I get for trying to half ass schedule creation in the midst of work.

So I get to root for the Caps after all.

Old
05-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Preds33

Seriously? Get hit into the boards so hard your helmet is knocked off and you get a $2000 fine for it.

Old
05-10-2017, 03:10 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Seriously? Get hit into the boards so hard your helmet is knocked off and you get a $2000 fine for it.

Absolutely, completely ridiculous.

Old
05-10-2017, 03:56 PM
Mortiest Morty

The fine might be mandatory based on the penalty call, not sure. The penalty itself, however, was absurd, as is the fine. Subban has definitely taken a few dives in his career, but to call a guy for that kind of play is crazy, not to mention one that just recently recovered from a pretty serious neck injury.

Old
05-10-2017, 04:13 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
The fine might be mandatory based on the penalty call, not sure. The penalty itself, however, was absurd, as is the fine. Subban has definitely taken a few dives in his career, but to call a guy for that kind of play is crazy, not to mention one that just recently recovered from a pretty serious neck injury.
I absolutely love the fact that the NHL has an embellishment penalty- all leagues should have one (soccer, NBA, I am looking at you).

The problem is, at least in my opinion, the league has no idea how to call it. I watch a ton of hockey and I would guess that at least half the time I see an embellishment call it is completely ridiculous and unwarranted. It is like the refs go overboard looking for something when there really isn't anything there.

Old
05-10-2017, 04:28 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
I absolutely love the fact that the NHL has an embellishment penalty- all leagues should have one (soccer, NBA, I am looking at you).

The problem is, at least in my opinion, the league has no idea how to call it. I watch a ton of hockey and I would guess that at least half the time I see an embellishment call it is completely ridiculous and unwarranted. It is like the refs go overboard looking for something when there really isn't anything there.
You can get penalized in soccer IF the ref actually calls you for diving. The NBA has an "anti-flopping" rule that can result in fines.

Old
05-10-2017, 04:50 PM
HITMAN88

Quote:
Fun fact thanks to Steve Dangle Glynn

Cool story So the Blues eliminated themselves from the playoffs
In 2013 Hitchcock knew that he will not be on the team for the 2017 playoffs. So back then he made that deal just to screw Mike Yeo.

Old
05-10-2017, 05:39 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
You can get penalized in soccer IF the ref actually calls you for diving. The NBA has an "anti-flopping" rule that can result in fines.
I know, but the NBA fine thing is completely meaningless. They need an in-game penalty.

Old
05-11-2017, 12:09 AM
LastWordArmy

The Nashville Predators are heading to the Western Conference Finals for the first time in franchise history after defeating the St. Louis Blues in six games. Pekka Rinne continued his dominance between the pipes and their blue line continues to be a major offensive threat.

How far can Nashville go?

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/05/...-series-recap/

Closed Thread