HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Series Thread - WCSF - (C3) St. Louis Blues 2 vs (WC2) Nashville Predators 4

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2017, 02:56 AM
Carolinas Identity*
I'm a bad troll...

vCash: 500
ah.... perdators.... at last we meet for the third time, which will be the last time, but actually only the 2nd time i have opposed you, i was on your side the other time (it was fun wasn't it? )

but prepare to meet ur doom at teh hands of the st. louis blues, for i have infused this team w/ all the glitter and beer i could find and we are now probably nigh unstoppable (or at least are gonna have a rlly good time trying to be )

and just remember, losing the first few games on purpose, might be a boon, for the sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up (just do not try so hard on the catching up part of that pls k thx)

Seriously though, this should be a fun series, and good luck guys

Old
04-24-2017, 06:14 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoresberg View Post
Yeah, I don't like that we are the "favourites" to win this series. It doesn't usually bode well for us.
given the limited sample size of series where we have been favored Im not gonna put too much negative mojo on that

04-24-2017, 06:16 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinas Identity View Post
ah.... perdators.... at last we meet for the third time, which will be the last time, but actually only the 2nd time i have opposed you, i was on your side the other time (it was fun wasn't it? )

but prepare to meet ur doom at teh hands of the st. louis blues, for i have infused this team w/ all the glitter and beer i could find and we are now probably nigh unstoppable (or at least are gonna have a rlly good time trying to be )

and just remember, losing the first few games on purpose, might be a boon, for the sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up (just do not try so hard on the catching up part of that pls k thx)

hoping you are as good for the Blues as you were for us last year in round 2

Old
04-24-2017, 08:18 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinas Identity View Post

Please bring the the Booz the same 2nd round mojo you brought to us.....

Old
04-24-2017, 09:47 AM
BonMorrison
Your resident SJW

Who comes out of the line-up for Wilson? Zolnierczyk or Aberg? I'm assuming Z and we'll get Wilson - Fisher - Watson.

Old
04-24-2017, 09:49 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
Who comes out of the line-up for Wilson? Zolnierczyk or Aberg? I'm assuming Z and we'll get Wilson - Fisher - Watson.
I would guess Aberg. Lavi seems to love Harry Z and Aberg is a recent call up, so he likely hasn't developed the same level of trust.

Old
04-24-2017, 09:57 AM
Scoresberg
No more Willy :(

If you want to win you keep Aberg etc. If you want to play the Blues game and lose you keep Z and put in McLeod.

Old
04-24-2017, 12:59 PM
braindead

Quote:
If you want to win you keep Aberg etc. If you want to play the Blues game and lose you keep Z and put in McLeod.
I think this is where I am at as well. I don't think you change the lineup to be more physical. You follow the Pens formula from last year and break teams down with speed and attack/ counterattack. We don't have the pens overall skill but we have better team defense.

Old
04-24-2017, 01:37 PM
Aardvarksson

Quote:
Agreed. He's a good regular season grinder and enforcer but not much beyond that (McLeod).

Last edited by Aardvarksson: 04-24-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Old
04-24-2017, 02:05 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

I wouldn't be shocked if McLeod sees action in at least one game, but I'd be surprised.

Old
04-24-2017, 02:15 PM
AKL

I'm on your wagon now guys. Good luck the rest of the way, you deserve it.

Old
04-24-2017, 03:28 PM
Nharris31

I hope the Preds win. From a Wild fan. I have been on your bandwagon since you played Chicago I figured the Preds win. There is either going to be lots of goals in this series or no goals at all. What do you guys think is more likely?

Old
04-24-2017, 04:02 PM
MrJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nharris31 View Post
I hope the Preds win. From a Wild fan. I have been on your bandwagon since you played Chicago I figured the Preds win. There is either going to be lots of goals in this series or no goals at all. What do you guys think is more likely?
Both teams played tight defensively in the first round ... so I'm expecting this round to be a scoring bonanza. Hockey is weird like that.

Old
04-24-2017, 05:08 PM
Mortiest Morty

Posted on the main board as well, but here are the NBCSN broadcast teams for the first 4 games.

Old
04-24-2017, 05:12 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
Posted on the main board as well, but here are the NBCSN broadcast teams for the first 4 games.

I don't "like" Pierre but I'm baffled that he seems to be hated on the same level as Milbury.

Old
04-24-2017, 05:35 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post

Wish Forslund was doing all the games- he is my favorite PBP guy..

Old
04-24-2017, 05:41 PM
Mortiest Morty

Forslund is definitely better than Albert, but I'm fine with the hand they were dealt. I don't love Kenny Albert, but he's okay and I can't stand Emrick and Olczyk

Old
04-24-2017, 05:42 PM
hockey diva

Albert isn't a homer like Olczyk. That said, I would have preferred Forsland. Doc and Eddie are doing the Pens/Caps series of course. I think the PBP guy I liked from the SJ/EDM series is Brendan Burke. I will have to listen and see.

Last edited by hockey diva: 04-24-2017 at 05:47 PM.
Old
04-24-2017, 05:43 PM
Preds Partisan
Gunga galunga

Other than Pierre, who calls the most games and is traveling everyday, I always wondered why they use different broadcast teams throughout a series. It would seem to be better coverage if they stuck with a single broadcast team so those people could build on each game's broadcast having seen the same teams play. I can see the first round changing some, but from this round on?

Old
04-24-2017, 08:31 PM
LastWordArmy

The Keys to Round Two, and Defeating the Blues.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/04/...-in-round-two/

Old
04-24-2017, 08:37 PM
Hinterland

Since I'm one of the 99,999999% that can't stand McGuire...will there be an actual CBC/SN broadcast for game 1-3 or will they go with the NBC feed? Thanks in advance.

Btw: I'm not gonna watch the Quebec feed. Doesn't have a lot to do with French. Rather gonna learn Swedish or Russian in order to watch

Old
04-24-2017, 08:44 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Yeah, I don't like that we are the "favourites" to win this series. It doesn't usually bode well for us.
Okay well just pretend we are the underdogs then cause w/ this team which has been Mr. jekyll and hyde in the regular season you never know which team we will get to show up Hoping for the best though and for the Beast Preds team to show up.

Old
04-24-2017, 08:51 PM
klt2001

Time for the Preds to play for their hockey lives!

Old
04-24-2017, 09:02 PM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

I went overboard prior to the start of the Blackhawk series and earned myself an infraction so I'll tone it down here...but I just want to say that we need to kick these guys square in the taint and keep kicking until their eyes cross and their poisoned-by-mass-produced-beer livers explode inside their barbecue rib fat bloated guts. We need to pin them to the end boards until they cry for their mommas and apologize for ever thinking they would get to a cup final if they had to get past us to do it. We need to rip that music note off their chests and bring it back to music city with us. No mercy! No prisomers! No quarter!

And for the record, almost every single Carolinas Identity's posts scares the bejesus out of me, like he-keeps-bodies-in-the-basement fear levels here!

Old
04-24-2017, 09:04 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
Did you watch the Wild vs St.Louis series? Blues are so good defensively that the only way you're gonna beat them is relentless offense. You need to create havoc or you won't ever get high danger chances. If they have time to organize themselves, they'll let you shoot from the point or from bad angles but they won't ever let you get a shot away inside the slot or get to the dangerous rebounds. Unlike Chicago, they always find a way to block shots, too. I wouldn't rely on Josi or Subban to seal this series offensively.
What I'm trying to say...I get that Wilson and Harry Z have been fantastic up to this point but they're bad at hockey and the Blues are tough enough to take on without them.

Lots of combinations possible for Lines 1-3 but the 4th line should absolutely be Aberg, Sissons, Salomaki. For line 1-3 I'd probably go with Forsberg, Fisher, Arvidsson / Fiala, Johansen, Neal / Wilson, Jarnkrok, Smith. But it doesn't really matter anyway. Might as well keep the Johansen and Jarnkrok lines together.

Closed Thread