HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver - Washington Realistic Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2006, 10:22 PM
DreamCatcher*

vCash: 500
Vancouver - Washington Realistic Trade Proposal

This has to do my knack with Anson Carter. He has been dynamite since we signed him but I still believe he is just a short-term solution because of his stone hands he is missing out to be one of the top scorers of the league. 90 percent of his goals have been with tap-ins that have been set up by the Sedins and he has also missed about 20 other chances to score because of him fanning the puck or just not having sniper hands.

I suggest Canucks get a long-term partner for Sedins who has skill and a bonafide scorer or at least potential to be a bonafide scorer. This is not the least of Canucks problems but it will add some spark and a good shake-up to the team. Canucks first priority is to get a couple of solid defenceman which can be achieved with a couple of draft picks going the other way but I think Canucks can get someone more effective than Bertuzzi's lacklustre play.

My Proposal:

To Washington Capitals:
Todd Bertuzzi(RW)($5,269,080.00) - He has been floating quite a bit and is not worth his salary to be a top six forward on this team. I think Canucks can someone more effective to fill in his role. He has been a good player on this team but a not star that he is suppose to be and also disappears from time-to-time.

Matt Cooke(RW)($1,500,000.00) - Yes it will hurt losing Matt Cooke but in all realistic trades you have to give up something up to gain something. Matt Cooke is expendable now that we have 4 types of players like him(Kesler, Burrows, Ruutu, Bouck) and is signed to a multi-year deal which Washington is looking for since they do not need any rentals with 1 year contracts.

To Vancouver Canucks:
Dainus Zuburus(RW)($1,850,000.00) - Only 27 years of age and with a monster frame at 6 foot 4, 230 pounds. I believe he is the ideal candidate for the Sedin twins since he does have finish and believe he can cycle with the Sedin twins with ease because of him so good at protecting the puck. Anson Carter may even play with Sedins this season and if he decides to leave for money, all the power to him. Zuburus will be an even better replacement.

Jeff Friesen(LW)($2,280,000.00) - One of the fastest skaters in the league and still does have a scoring touch he just needs to be around the right group. I believe he can be the difference maker in the playoffs with his combination of speed and also being a former 30 goal scorer.

Brendan Witt(D)($1,672,000.00) - A very steady defenceman to to stabalize the the defence and help lower the shot total per game. Witt is a defence first player and will make the group stronger.

We have now added a much more versatile line-up with still lots of room to add more players. This trade will give a team a shake and some new chemistry to work around with.

Sedin-Sedin-Carter(temporarily)
Naslund-Morrison-Zuburus
Friesen-Kesler-Ruutu
Burrows-Linden-Park

Salo-Witt
Ohlund-Allen
McCarthy-Baumgartner

Old
02-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

I thought it was a realistic trade proposal...Vancouver would never do this trade...

Old
02-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
I thought it was a realistic trade proposal...Vancouver would never do this trade...
Agreed. I doubt the Caps would either though.

Friesen has done nothing at all this season and is making over $2 mil. He's not someone the Canucks would have interest in. Zubrus is a decent player, but he's nowhere near Todd Bertuzzi's level. As for Witt, he'd be a solid addition to the Canucks' defense, but no way is he worth parting with Matt Cooke and downgrading from Bertuzzi to Zubrus.

If there are any trades between the Caps and Canucks it will likely involve Caps' veterans going to Vancouver for picks/prospects.

Old
02-13-2006, 11:14 PM
borro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
Agreed. I doubt the Caps would either though.

Friesen has done nothing at all this season and is making over $2 mil. He's not someone the Canucks would have interest in. Zubrus is a decent player, but he's nowhere near Todd Bertuzzi's level. As for Witt, he'd be a solid addition to the Canucks' defense, but no way is he worth parting with Matt Cooke and downgrading from Bertuzzi to Zubrus.

If there are any trades between the Caps and Canucks it will likely involve Caps' veterans going to Vancouver for picks/prospects.
Agreed for different reasons. Zubrus is loved by GMGM and basically by AO too. He's not going anywhere. I would probably do this deal but suspect the dynamics would not work. I think Peter has hit the nail on the head. A deal between Was-Van would be picks-prospects to Was for Witt or Friesen. Kolzig is off the market. The deal offered would be a talent upgrade for sure. Witt will not lower shot totals. What he will do is intimidate and take a physical toll on the opposition. he is also great at tutoring young guys (Allen?)

Old
02-13-2006, 11:35 PM
Bruzin

This trade confuses me. You trade Bertuzzi, your first line winger, in order to get a second line winger for the Sedins. Question: Who is your new first line winger? Zubrus would be bumped up to the first line, which your lines show, but why would you make this trade and still keep Carter with the Sedins? Are you going to pick up a first line winger as a UFA? Shouldn't the Canucks be looking at a post-season run, not the UFA pool?

Closed Thread