HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2016-17 Around the League V

Old
04-24-2017, 01:55 PM
agentblack

vCash: 50
What if its not up to him. He has a boss too.

agentblack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2017, 02:00 PM
Cousin Eddie
IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
As Mckenzie said this morning. That boss gave approval to make the Subban trade. That boss understands the purpose is to win now.

Old
04-24-2017, 02:00 PM
dahrougem2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Then try like all hell to convince your ownership group of what needs to be done.

If he can't do that, why stay? Why take the brunt of the blame for failure to ice a championship caliber team and taint your resume for future positions?

If I had a vision and a goal in mind, and ownership would not back me, I know I wouldn't want to stay there. What's the point? Lose when you aren't in control but get blamed?

dahrougem2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2017, 02:08 PM
agentblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
As Mckenzie said this morning. That boss gave approval to make the Subban trade. That boss understands the purpose is to win now.
I dont think thats the reason they traded Subban imo. but thats a debate for another time.

its just a thought, i mean i agree with the idea why should he care what happens to their futures if he's not really going to be apart of the plan going forward. If thats true then whats the hold up.
Either MB and his team truly believes Serg is too good to give up or he wants to but he's being ordered not too.

agentblack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2017, 02:16 PM
Thepoolmaster

Quote:
I dont think thats the reason they traded Subban imo. but thats a debate for another time.

its just a thought, i mean i agree with the idea why should he care what happens to their futures if he's not really going to be apart of the plan going forward. If thats true then whats the hold up.
Either MB and his team truly believes Serg is too good to give up or he wants to but he's being ordered not too.
I would think it's the latter. While I agree that if you know you might get fired might as well go all in (see the Toronto Blue Jays under AA). There may be someone higher up who doesn't support that.

MB's hands may be tied despite what the Subban trade signals as I think Subban was traded cuz "intangibles" and other things

Thepoolmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2017, 06:27 PM
Pokecheque
Formerly Av-merican

There is no indication that Molson is suddenly swooping in and interfering in Montreal. He emphatically backed the Subban trade, I don't think he'd then turn around and not allow his GM to patch whatever holes existed in the roster by any means necessary. If Sergachev isn't being offered up it's because Bergevin doesn't want to offer him up. If a D-man is headed outta Montreal, it's Beaulieu. I also have a feeling Galchenyuk is very much up for grabs. Very similar situation to Duchene in Denver.

Pokecheque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2017, 09:40 AM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

LeBrun cut at ESPN... they really are hard up. The next TV deals for all sports are going to really be cut big time.

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2017, 10:48 AM
UncleRisto
Not Great, Bob!

UncleRisto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2017, 10:56 AM
dahrougem2

That's it, just make them wear shin pads

Old
04-26-2017, 10:57 AM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

It is a pretty small sample size, but I do think some bigger goalies would benefit from being a bit more agile so I can see it.

Not much of a chance it happens, but I'd like to see Jodoin end up here.

Old
04-26-2017, 11:08 AM
S E P H
@SEPH_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
LeBrun cut at ESPN... they really are hard up. The next TV deals for all sports are going to really be cut big time.
He must've been on a deal where Disney thought they were overpaying him. It's ESPN though and their quality is pretty much TMZ, but now mixed in with political and racial agendas which viewers don't want to see when watching sports. They specifically go to Fox, CNN, ABC, or NBC if they want to see politics.

I really hope NBC picks him and up and he doesn't go back to Canada for RDS and TSN full time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRisto View Post
As a goaler, downgrading the equipment will give the potential for goalers to have faster movement and reflexes. Trust me, when I was a teen I lost five to seven pounds of excess weight doing hockey programs and there was a HUGE difference in your speed. Of course body weight doesn't equal equipment weight, but if you're able to lose at least three pounds in all the equipment redcution, there is a difference for NHLers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
That's it, just make them wear shin pads
I know this is sarcasm, but I sure as hell hope not. We don't need to turn this into lacrosse. Corey Hirsch's video of him downgrading the equipment is all that needs to happen and only on very few equipment. The chest protector to make it more tight around the goaler, the glove, and the blocker and cut out the cheating spots of those three. I guarantee that scoring would increase.

Last edited by S E P H: 04-26-2017 at 11:20 AM.
S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2017, 11:12 AM
UncleRisto
Not Great, Bob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
As a goaler, downgrading the equipment will give the potential for goalers to have faster movement and reflexes. Trust me, when I was a teen I lost five to seven pounds of excess weight doing hockey programs and there was a HUGE difference in your speed. Of course body weight doesn't equal equipment weight, but if you're able to lose at least three pounds in all the equipment redcution, there is a difference.
Yeah, I can see it, for sure.

I wonder which rule they'll slightly fine tune next that will completely backfire.

UncleRisto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2017, 11:14 AM
dahrougem2

Quote:
I know this is sarcasm, but I sure as hell hope not. We don't need to turn this into lacrosse. Corey Hirsch's video of him downgrading the equipment is all that needs to happen and only on very few equipment. The chest protector to make it more tight around the goaler, the glove, and the blocker and cut out the cheating spots of those three. I guarantee that scoring would increase.
Lol I don't think anyone wants to see goalies wearing shin pads

Old
04-26-2017, 11:14 AM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRisto View Post
Yeah, I can see it, for sure.

I wonder which rule they'll slightly fine tune next that will completely backfire.
Two-line pass only allowed to be made by defensemen who can put up 40+ points.

Old
04-26-2017, 11:53 AM
Fiddy

Quote:
He must've been on a deal where Disney thought they were overpaying him. It's ESPN though and their quality is pretty much TMZ, but now mixed in with political and racial agendas which viewers don't want to see when watching sports. They specifically go to Fox, CNN, ABC, or NBC if they want to see politics.

I really hope NBC picks him and up and he doesn't go back to Canada for RDS and TSN full time.
Yeah Disney really ruined ESPN

18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2017, 11:56 AM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18007 View Post
TBF Disney also made ESPN the juggernaut they now are... the rise and fall are attributable to them.

Old
04-26-2017, 12:21 PM
Fiddy

Quote:
TBF Disney also made ESPN the juggernaut they now are... the rise and fall are attributable to them.
When did they buy them, I thought it was fairly recent?

I like the old ESPN that used to crank out funny characters and show sports. The list of talking heads that got their start from hosting SC is endless, it used to be like Saturday Night Live for actors. Plus I agree with SEPH and think they got too political, people like to separate the two (politics and sports).

I'd agree with the argument that there are other factors that go into it though, like other stations creating their own channels like NBCsports and FS1 and 2 and how instantly digital everything is. You used to have to wait until the nightly SC to get your sports scores, where as you can now in effect almost watch every game in real time.

So, while I think times have changed I also think they also don't do themselves any favors and haven't really adapted well to the new environment. Like with anything else, though, I'm sure this business goes in cycles. We'll see what happens next, I guess. I'm sure there is still a market for what they want to produce.

Old
04-26-2017, 12:24 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Quote:
When did they buy them, I thought it was fairly recent?

I like the old ESPN that used to crank out funny characters and show sports. The list of talking heads that got their start from hosting SC is endless, it used to be like Saturday Night Live for actors. Plus I agree with SEPH and think they got too political, people like to separate the two (politics and sports).

I'd agree with the argument that there are other factors that go into it though, like other stations creating their own channels like NBCsports and FS1 and 2 and how instantly digital everything is. You used to have to wait until the nightly SC to get your sports scores, where as you can now in effect almost watch every game in real time.

So, while I think times have changed I also think they also don't do themselves any favors and haven't really adapted well to the new environment. Like with anything else, though, I'm sure this business goes in cycles. We'll see what happens next, I guess. I'm sure there is still a market for what they want to produce.
I believe it was 1996.

Old
04-26-2017, 12:34 PM
Fiddy

Quote:
I believe it was 1996.
I'm going to take this discussion over to the other sports thread because it belongs there and I think others will probably chime in.

Last edited by 18007: 04-26-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Old
04-26-2017, 12:36 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Wow... how long before Kucherov gets sent packing? He is right, but I can't see it sitting well.

Old
04-26-2017, 12:49 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Wow... how long before Kucherov gets sent packing? He is right, but I can't see it sitting well.
Who could he be talking about though? Surely it can't be Stamkos, Hedman, or Drouin.

The article points to Killorn and Hedman as the most likely culprits.

Old
04-26-2017, 12:49 PM
S E P H
@SEPH_WHL

Quote:
Quote:
The Rise and Fall of Rome. Seems Disney didn't take their history class since they pretty much repeated almost the exact ways to fall as an Empire.

Their business though Hench has completely fallen downhill. Instead of announcing the sports where they were popular, they got too personalized. ESPN lost and gained viewership with the constant LeBron, Tebow, and Manning talk. They gained IMO, a fake and casual fanbase with the constant LeBron talk and all it is, is media build up. And if something dramatic happens, which their model solely relies on, they get more viewers. However, those viewers won't grow the sport like the NBA and what happened last year with Cleveland coming back being down 3-1. Then if LeBron loses in the finals, you have ****bags like Stephen A. Smith and Skip "IQ of 150" Bayless (I know he isn't with them anymore) making radical statements to draw fans even more (but again doesn't help the sport overall). And because Bayless always went against the grain, even though he's a basketball analysis (broad use of the term), you would have him comment on other sports as well.

I want to say good riddance and say this is deserved for ESPN, but the brunt was the firing of good writers while the top dogs still keep their jobs. It's the worst type of trainwreck and nothing is going to change, those 12 million subscribers are lost. Perhaps they can gain a good bump back if they get hockey in 2021, but even then hockey isn't a humongous national draw. Especially considering that ESPN is a huge casual draw and casual fans like exposure sports like baseball, Divesketball, and throwball.

Last edited by S E P H: 04-26-2017 at 12:59 PM.
S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2017, 12:50 PM
SaltySkywalker

Quote:
Who could he be talking about though? Surely it can't be Stamkos, Hedman, or Drouin.

Definitely not Hedman

SaltySkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2017, 01:00 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Quote:

I think there are some translation errors, but Killorn and Coburn come to mind. Maybe Palat and Johnson as well (even though they don't have new contracts yet).

Old
04-26-2017, 01:06 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
I think there are some translation errors, but Killorn and Coburn come to mind. Maybe Palat and Johnson as well (even though they don't have new contracts yet).
The first thoughts that came to mind were Killorn, Johnson, and Palat, but the wording did get me confused because neither Johnson nor Palat "got paid" the way Killorn did