Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Old
04-28-2017, 07:08 PM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
Bruins start off strong and Simpson scores early. 1-0.

BTW, here's a link to the Randell-Sestito fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9AxORYGAc

Bruins take a 2-0 lead on a Colton Hargrove PP goal. Hargrove plugged into lineup due to injuries and has played well his first couple of shifts.

Note to the W-B play by play guy: Not every contact away from the puck is a penalty. Sometimes players will come into contact with each other in the game of hockey.

DeBrusk scores on a 3 on 1. Great speed and patience with the puck. 3-0 late in the first.

Also worth mentioning that Heinen has 4 points (all on the PP) in the series and has been his usual steady-if unspectacular--self.
Damn, Randell tuned him up towards the end there.

CptxMorgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2017, 07:44 PM
Pia8988

vCash: 595
DeBrusk gets another. 4-1 Pro going into the third

Pia8988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2017, 07:48 PM
GarbageGoal
Clint Bobski GOAT

WBS has been throwing their best stuff at the Bruins for the most part, but they are countering pretty well. McIntyre has been on his game.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2017, 08:37 PM
Hazi

Hazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2017, 09:11 PM
BruinsHockey

Officials for Game 5

Ref(s) Mike Chioda and Earl Hebner

Linesman will be named later

BruinsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2017, 09:19 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Clode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
Bruins start off strong and Simpson scores early. 1-0.

BTW, here's a link to the Randell-Sestito fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9AxORYGAc

Bruins take a 2-0 lead on a Colton Hargrove PP goal. Hargrove plugged into lineup due to injuries and has played well his first couple of shifts.

Note to the W-B play by play guy: Not every contact away from the puck is a penalty. Sometimes players will come into contact with each other in the game of hockey.

DeBrusk scores on a 3 on 1. Great speed and patience with the puck. 3-0 late in the first.

Also worth mentioning that Heinen has 4 points (all on the PP) in the series and has been his usual steady-if unspectacular--self.

Still 3-0 early in the second. Gotta split so any updates and insight from others would be appreciated.
Heinen will make the B's next year in steady, yet unspectacular fashion.

Good on DeBrusk also.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2017, 09:29 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsHockey View Post
Officials for Game 5

Ref(s) Mike Chioda and Earl Hebner

Linesman will be named later
They'll saunter down the runway to the ice with the NWO music blaring.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2017, 07:24 AM
Sharp Shooting Neely

Great win! A team on a mission responds to facing adversity. Full marks for the effort on the night. Great to see DeBrusk step up in a huge way.

Duplicate the effort and there will be more hockey in May. Get after it early B's in what is the hardest game to win in any playoff series, the clincher. Pressure is all on WBS.

Sharp Shooting Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2017, 10:24 AM
BruinsHockey

Love to see Czarnik this series 1A in four games.

BruinsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2017, 01:00 PM
Fonzerelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazi View Post
With Jake's monster 2nd half and now clutch playoff performance, he's likely catapulted his way into the middle six conversation to start the year in Boston. Likely Vatrano and DeBrusk penciled in for 2nd/3rd line duty. He's certainly earned at least an audition.

Fonzerelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2017, 02:20 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzerelli View Post
With Jake's monster 2nd half and now clutch playoff performance, he's likely catapulted his way into the middle six conversation to start the year in Boston. Likely Vatrano and DeBrusk penciled in for 2nd/3rd line duty. He's certainly earned at least an audition.
Vatrano actually had a physical game to him in Providence last year - damn near Sobotkaish. Yet in Boston it vanished which was very disappointing

He played very well with Acciari down there and they had good chemistry

Maybe entertaining a Vatrano Kuraly Acciari could have balance in checking and offense

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2017, 04:04 PM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Vatrano actually had a physical game to him in Providence last year - damn near Sobotkaish. Yet in Boston it vanished which was very disappointing

Maybe entertaining a Vatrano Kuraly Acciari could have balance in checking and offense
Vatrano was trying to be physical against OTT but I think the foot injury and limited ice time hampered him a bit.

CptxMorgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2017, 05:11 PM
Fonzerelli

Quote:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a Vatrano-Acciari-Kuraly line.

Right now I'm giving Frankie a mulligan due to the injury. I'd hate to plug a potential 40 goal man on the 4th line to start with. I at least want Frank to have enough rope to hang himself before we do it for him.

Plus, I'm kind of hoping Belesey is our 4th line LW. Pricey yes, but if we can have Beleseky there it means guys like Vatrano and DeBrusk are keeping him there with their play. That would be a nice problem to have.

Also, I think Acciari is a good bet to get re-signed, but I'm not 100% convinced. There seems to be some love for Dominic Moore and if we end up with Moore, Beleskey, Nash, Kuraly and potentially Hayes all crowding the 4th line, I'm not sure where Acciari fits. He likely wants a one way deal. I think we do what we can to keep him, but I'm not sure it's 100%. Let's call it 90% right now.

Old
04-29-2017, 06:01 PM
ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Quote:

Right now I'm giving Frankie a mulligan due to the injury. I'd hate to plug a potential 40 goal man on the 4th line to start with. I at least want Frank to have enough rope to hang himself before we do it for him.

Plus, I'm kind of hoping Belesey is our 4th line LW
. Pricey yes, but if we can have Beleseky there it means guys like Vatrano and DeBrusk are keeping him there with their play. That would be a nice problem to have.

Also, I think Acciari is a good bet to get re-signed, but I'm not 100% convinced. There seems to be some love for Dominic Moore and if we end up with Moore, Beleskey, Nash, Kuraly and potentially Hayes all crowding the 4th line, I'm not sure where Acciari fits. He likely wants a one way deal. I think we do what we can to keep him, but I'm not sure it's 100%. Let's call it 90% right now.
Or it means Belesky is just that bad.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2017, 06:13 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:

Plus, I'm kind of hoping Belesey is our 4th line LW. Pricey yes, but if we can have Beleseky there it means guys like Vatrano and DeBrusk are keeping him there with their play. That would be a nice problem to have.

Nash has 1 more year and Sweeney had to talk Moore out of retirement

Moore could end up as part of the Bruins organization but I can see him back

Acciari will be back he's a New England kid and playing for his team infront of family and friends

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2017, 06:18 PM
Fonzerelli

Quote:
Nash has 1 more year and Sweeney had to talk Moore out of retirement

Moore could end up as part of the Bruins organization but I can see him back

Acciari will be back he's a New England kid and playing for his team infront of family and friends
You lost me a bit on the New England kid part. What's that got to do with anything? Are you suggesting Acciari will take a home town discount? Tim Schaller too?

Acciari finished strong, no doubt. I also think he will be back, but the math does add some fog. If we re-sign local boys Acciari and Schaller and bring back Dom Moore and keep Kuraly and find ourselves stuck with Beleskey and Hayes ... not to mention guys like Vatrano, DeBrusk, JFK, Chelarik and Backes all starring at potential bottom 6 spots ... all of the sudden our bottom 6 gets crowded, no?

Acciari has as good a chance as any to return, but they can't all come back.

Old
04-29-2017, 07:51 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Clode

Quote:

There is ZERO% chance the B's don't bring Acciari (an RFA) back, regardless of the other names involved.

Nash will take Moore's spot as the veteran presence on that line between Kuraly and Acciari.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2017, 08:29 PM
GarbageGoal
Clint Bobski GOAT

I agree there's no chance Acciari doesn't get tendered.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2017, 12:17 AM
Fonzerelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
I agree there's no chance Acciari doesn't get tendered.
Oh he'll get tendered 100%. They will definitely make him an offer.

But if Moore, Schaller, Kuraly, Beleskey, Nash and possibly Hayes are still in the picture, then I wonder if it's a two way deal and if he's ok with the possibility of losing a numbers game and possibly going back to / spending time in Providence, or if he and his agent seek different options, be it arbitration or trade request.

I think some dust needs to settle before it can be said with 100% certainty that Acciari will be in Boston next fall. Very likely he will, but it's not a certainty, IMO.

Old
04-30-2017, 06:29 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Oh he'll get tendered 100%. They will definitely make him an offer.

But if Moore, Schaller, Kuraly, Beleskey, Nash and possibly Hayes are still in the picture, then I wonder if it's a two way deal and if he's ok with the possibility of losing a numbers game and possibly going back to / spending time in Providence, or if he and his agent seek different options, be it arbitration or trade request.

I think some dust needs to settle before it can be said with 100% certainty that Acciari will be in Boston next fall. Very likely he will, but it's not a certainty, IMO.
i liked moore this year but he's not a necessity moving forward. schaller too - a guy who did a nice job in his role, but to me he's a 13/14 forward and not a priority signing. hayes will be gone, likely via buyout, unless sweeney can find another unwanted player to deal him for (eddie lack?). like you said, the dust will settle after the 2 drafts, so we'll see how it shakes out.

back on topic...we need to finally beat WBS. too many years of heartbreak that they've delivered. time to turn the tables in front of their fans.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2017, 07:23 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
i liked moore this year but he's not a necessity moving forward. schaller too - a guy who did a nice job in his role, but to me he's a 13/14 forward and not a priority signing. hayes will be gone, likely via buyout, unless sweeney can find another unwanted player to deal him for (eddie lack?). like you said, the dust will settle after the 2 drafts, so we'll see how it shakes out.

back on topic...we need to finally beat WBS. too many years of heartbreak that they've delivered. time to turn the tables in front of their fans.
Agree nice pick up last year but old man time caught up to him as the season went on. He was terrible in the series vs the Sens.

Was on the ice for series changing goals with mistakes a rookie could have been making.

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2017, 11:07 AM
Ratty

I don't see a logjam at all. Moore should be gone. Hayes traded, waived or bought out. Schaller is a non factor. And they can still keep one to two extra forwards on the roster.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2017, 03:01 PM
Bruinator

2 Words. Zack McIntyre. Wow.

Bruinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2017, 03:19 PM
Bruinator

Ok game 5 deciding game in Wilkes Barre and virtually no one in the stands! Wow. Just wow.

Bruinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2017, 03:24 PM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

PB's up but being outshot like crazy. Good on Zane

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote