HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Woe is the PP

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 02:39 PM
FanaticalFan

vCash: 500
Woe is the PP

Watching last nights PP it seems that the pens have returned to please pass the puck.From Mario to Tarnstrom back to Mario back to Tarnstrom to Straka back to Tarnstrom to Straka to Tarnstrom to Mario to Tarnstrom to Mario SHOT.

If I have a gripe against Straka it is that he never takes a shot from the point. If there is a time that I Miss Kovelev itís during the PP his presence on the point is what opend eveything up. Mario will take a shot if even at an obseen angle if he sees any daylight. Unfortunately everyone knows that so the Defense on the PK comes over and cheats. which should leave the right side more open. Tarnstrom has been known to let the biscuit fly on occasion, though he is more inclined to pass. He is not nearly as bad about it as Straka. When Straka was maning the left side. And had Mario to his left and Kovelev on his right, straka passing tendency could be overlooked. But now that he's in a prime shooting position with the Defence Cheating over to mario and giving him even more space he needs to shoot or they need to find someone who will. I thinkthe Penguins need to go out and find someone with a accurate hard shot for the left point, Last summer I was hoping Trevordoski would be brought in just for that purpose he has A laser that heís not afraid to let fly but alass he's back in Russia, we need someone, though who Iím at a loss. If this team is going to make it to the playoffs they need production from there PP. Up front I think we have the personal, though I would like to see Abid and Morozov looking for garbage. But I think CP needs to find an answer for the left point. Straka just doesnít have the shot and sdosn't seams willing to pull the trigger.

Old
10-23-2003, 03:30 PM
Robert Paulson*

I recall hearing a song on WDVE a few years back about the Pens poweplay, when they would pass the whole time then never get a shot on the PP. I think one verse went "Shoot the puck! Shoot the puck! You might just score I bet.. paass and pass and pass and pass, PUT IT IN THE NET!!"

If Straka shot more, I wouldn't mind him being on the point at all, he's got a good shot, and is fast incase they lose the puck and the other team breaks out.

Old
10-23-2003, 04:04 PM
DJ Spinoza

Hi,

My name is Dick Tarnstrom, and rather than taking the wide open shot to win the game in overtime, from the hashmarks, one on one against Weekes, I will pass the puck to my teammate Marty Straka who has two Canes and Weekes to beat.

Pathetic.

Old
10-24-2003, 03:37 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
I think they'll get it together. It's still early.

Old
10-24-2003, 01:10 PM
Speed Kills

I think Abid is a monsetr in front of the net. He has looked great and I wish they would use him more on the 1st unit. Then see them shoot the pass more. We should have one the Carolina game with all the power play chances we had.

Closed Thread