HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chad Wiseman/Corey Potter

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2006, 06:11 PM

vCash: 500
Chad Wiseman/Corey Potter

What do you think about those guys? Any NHL future for them!? And if so, what kind of production do you guys think they'll have!? Do you think they'll ever wear the Rangers uniform!?

Thanks a lot for any info you can share!

Old
02-21-2006, 06:22 PM
eco's bones

Wiseman has been banging around in the AHL at least 4 years now. He's a good skater. Very average size. Skills are decent. Plays in all situations. Not a bad player but he's never really made it. A team like St. Louis or Washington would be a good place for him. They would probably give him a chance. Here I think he's out of luck.

Potter is a stay at home D and a senior at Mich St. Has played in the WJC. Is working on his offense a bit this year. Haven't really seen him many times. I remember him as being very lanky. I think the Rangers intend on signing him and if they do he'll be in either Hartford or Charlotte or splitting between them next year.

Old
02-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Choice

Wiseman has skills, but hasnt been able to put it all together at the NHL level. So far it seems his top end is an emergency call-up, but when its all said and done he could conceivably make a career as a bottom 6 NHL regular.

Old
02-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Evil Sather
YOU KILL THE JOE

There's little difference between a Dom Moore, a Mike York, an Kyle Wellwood, or Chad Wiseman except a whole boatload of hockey smarts / puck sense. He just doesn't seem to have it.

Old
02-22-2006, 01:36 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sather
There's little difference between a Dom Moore, a Mike York, an Kyle Wellwood, or Chad Wiseman except a whole boatload of hockey smarts / puck sense. He just doesn't seem to have it.
I gotta believe York has demonstrated a little more offensive aptitude than any of the other three

Old
02-22-2006, 02:40 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice
I gotta believe York has demonstrated a little more offensive aptitude than any of the other three
I honestly think that if Dom Moore was on a line with two talented wingers (as York was) he would put up pretty decent assist numbers, and he'd also score a few. The kid is def. talented, but just not talented enough to warrant time on a line any higher than the 3rd.

Old
02-22-2006, 04:13 AM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
I honestly think that if Dom Moore was on a line with two talented wingers (as York was) he would put up pretty decent assist numbers, and he'd also score a few. The kid is def. talented, but just not talented enough to warrant time on a line any higher than the 3rd.
I gotta agree with you on that. I see Dom Moore as a Kris Draper type.

Old
02-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
It's possible. I think Moore is the the man but dont know if he has the hands.

Old
02-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Evil Sather
YOU KILL THE JOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice
I don't know, I think Wellwood and York are comprable puck skill wise, York is faster, they're all the same size, but to me it really boils down to puck sense and ice smarts.

Wiseman ain't got it. AHL vet written all over him.

Old
02-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sather
I don't know, I think Wellwood and York are comprable puck skill wise, York is faster, they're all the same size, but to me it really boils down to puck sense and ice smarts.

Wiseman ain't got it. AHL vet written all over him.
Wellwood is the one in the group I cant comment on because I haven't seen him on play on a regular basis.

I could see Wiseman being an NHL 4th liner...but then again, there isnt much difference between that and an AHL vet.

Closed Thread