HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-30-2017, 02:27 PM
  #101
AdmiralsFan24
Registered User
 
AdmiralsFan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 10,160
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Would our Milwaukee amigos in here care to comment on this?

Would've guessed Milwaukee would be the most misspelled since we pronounce it "Muhwaukee."

Seriously though, I blame the media not knowing how to say it. We're not "Wesconsin." We're not "Whisk-CON-sin." We're just Wisconsin. We're the only ones who know how to say it right.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2017, 02:29 PM
  #102
Drake744
Tennessweden
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 9,585
vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Would've guessed Milwaukee would be the most misspelled since we pronounce it "Muhwaukee."

Seriously though, I blame the media not knowing how to say it. We're not "Wesconsin." We're not "Whisk-CON-sin." We're just Wisconsin. We're the only ones who know how to say it right.
What about Wiscansin?

........sorry.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2017, 02:30 PM
  #103
AdmiralsFan24
Registered User
 
AdmiralsFan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 10,160
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
What about Wiscansin?

........sorry.
That too but that's only the Fargo accented northerners.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2017, 03:34 PM
  #104
Panic at the Back
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Northern Bama
Country: United States
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Bill:
You're not in Wisconsin, Dave. The big story isn't about a cow wandering into the town square.

Dave:
Bill, I worked in Milwaukee, you know. It's a city with a population of a million people.

Bill:
So that must have been quite a hubbub when that cow got loose!

Panic at the Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2017, 05:25 PM
  #105
cjerina
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic at the Back View Post
Bill:
You're not in Wisconsin, Dave. The big story isn't about a cow wandering into the town square.

Dave:
Bill, I worked in Milwaukee, you know. It's a city with a population of a million people.

Bill:
So that must have been quite a hubbub when that cow got loose!
Loved that show. Can't remember what episode that was from, but totally remember that discussion.

cjerina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2017, 10:45 PM
  #106
Panic at the Back
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Northern Bama
Country: United States
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjerina View Post
Loved that show. Can't remember what episode that was from, but totally remember that discussion.
I don't remember it either, I had to google NewsRadio Wisconsin and Bill McNeal to find it

Panic at the Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2017, 11:58 PM
  #107
Gnashville
One and Done
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Crossville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 9,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Would our Milwaukee amigos in here care to comment on this?

Georgia's misspelled word is "Gray" that is kinda funny since it has 2 spellings Grey or Gray. I wonder if that's taken into account.
Also a lot of people in this country needs to watch Bruce Almighty to learn how to spell Beautiful.

Also what do you think of when I type this word "Bass"? A fish or Music?


Last edited by Gnashville: 05-31-2017 at 12:10 AM.
Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2017, 11:08 AM
  #108
MrJoshua
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Georgia's misspelled word is "Gray" that is kinda funny since it has 2 spellings Grey or Gray. I wonder if that's taken into account.
Also a lot of people in this country needs to watch Bruce Almighty to learn how to spell Beautiful.

Also what do you think of when I type this word "Bass"? A fish or Music?
Music, but then, I play bass.

MrJoshua is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2017, 11:11 AM
  #109
Drake744
Tennessweden
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 9,585
vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post

Also what do you think of when I type this word "Bass"? A fish or Music?
I also used to play bass (poorly) in a band back in my young adult rocker dude years so music for me also.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2017, 11:10 PM
  #110
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 3,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Also what do you think of when I type this word "Bass"? A fish or Music?
Uhhh.....beer?

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2017, 02:33 PM
  #111
MrJoshua
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I also used to play bass (poorly) in a band back in my young adult rocker dude years so music for me also.
You're never too old to rock, man.

MrJoshua is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2017, 07:29 AM
  #112
alexmanu
Registered User
 
alexmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,319
vCash: 500
Can anyone give me a run down of our top prospects right now and what you see as their potential i.e. 60 point player, or top pairing D?

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2017, 09:36 AM
  #113
SauceMyBiscuit
Registered User
 
SauceMyBiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
Can anyone give me a run down of our top prospects right now and what you see as their potential i.e. 60 point player, or top pairing D?
If you're looking for our NHL-ready prospects, check out our young guys in the SCF

SauceMyBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2017, 03:51 PM
  #114
alexmanu
Registered User
 
alexmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceMyBiscuit View Post
If you're looking for our NHL-ready prospects, check out our young guys in the SCF


I know about our NHL guys (Kevin Fiala, Pontus Aberg, Colton Sissions, and Freddy Gaudreau) but I'm a bit more interested in our Milwaukee guys and those in the junior leagues.

I expect guys like Kamenev and Carrier to compete for a spot at the big club next year, would this be an accurate assumption?

Also what do some of you Ads think of Tyler Moy. I remember when we drafted him - thinking he most likely would end up nowhere. But his stat line is very intriguing.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2017, 07:08 PM
  #115
adsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post


I know about our NHL guys (Kevin Fiala, Pontus Aberg, Colton Sissions, and Freddy Gaudreau) but I'm a bit more interested in our Milwaukee guys and those in the junior leagues.

I expect guys like Kamenev and Carrier to compete for a spot at the big club next year, would this be an accurate assumption?

Also what do some of you Ads think of Tyler Moy. I remember when we drafted him - thinking he most likely would end up nowhere. But his stat line is very intriguing.
Gaudreau has played all of 9 NHL regular season games.

I have been surprised not to see Kamenev playing, especially with the shortage at center.

Moy played 3 games in Milwaukee with 1 G 3A for a +3 and 2 PIMs. He had no stats in 2 playoff games. He is 6'1" and 195# shoots R.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2017, 09:41 PM
  #116
AintLifeGrand
Crunchy Jamz Brah
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: GreatestSnowOnEarth
Country: Tibet
Posts: 3,241
vCash: 500
Kamanev def needs another season in Mikwookie

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2017, 12:10 PM
  #117
nopurposeflour
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
Any Milwaukee fans have any observations about Tyler Kelleher? I watched him at UNH and I'm curious to see how he's doing against stronger, more physical opponents.

nopurposeflour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2017, 01:12 PM
  #118
MrMariusz
Registered User
 
MrMariusz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belgium
Country: Belgium
Posts: 1,961
vCash: 500
I'm a little disappointed that guys like Kamenev haven't seen even a minute of NHL playoff action this year. These are well-rested players who could make a difference on stamina alone.

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2017, 08:12 PM
  #119
SauceMyBiscuit
Registered User
 
SauceMyBiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 395
vCash: 500
I have a friend who plays for Harvard and from our brief conversation about Moy, it seems like he's a solid two way player who could use a little more offensive touch. Like Kamanev but without the big body. The kid played on a very old and experienced Harvard team (mostly seniors) so I think his stats are a little bit inflated. I think his ceiling is a 3C but likely a lifetime AHLer.

To add to your list, Trenin is a name to look out for. He's still young, hasn't seen NA ice yet, but he sounds like he'll be next in line after Kamanev gets called up.

SauceMyBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 06:43 AM
  #120
Ranskyre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 196
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceMyBiscuit View Post
To add to your list, Trenin is a name to look out for. He's still young, hasn't seen NA ice yet, but he sounds like he'll be next in line after Kamanev gets called up.
He's been playing in Quebec for the last couple of years and played 5 games with Milwaukee last year.

Ranskyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 09:00 AM
  #121
Drake744
Tennessweden
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 9,585
vCash: 344
I don't follow the Ads as much as I should, so here's my question.....

Is Carrier the most likely defenseman to look at as someone who could come up to Nashville and make a good contribution? The bottom pairing was really exposed deep in the playoffs so you have to wonder how we're gonna address that issue.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 02:03 PM
  #122
darth5
No!
 
darth5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
The bottom pairing was really exposed deep in the playoffs so you have to wonder how we're gonna address that issue.
THIS. Weber/Irwin were adequate regular season, but definitely exposed in post season. As play progressed their ice time and importance diminished. I would expect that bottom pairing needs shoring up somehow, even if it is only half the pairing. Bitteto is not the answer.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 02:13 PM
  #123
AdmiralsFan24
Registered User
 
AdmiralsFan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 10,160
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Carrier would be similar to Weber. Irwin imo is the real issue. Just really really slow and not a good skater.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2017, 07:01 AM
  #124
cjerina
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Carrier would be similar to Weber. Irwin imo is the real issue. Just really really slow and not a good skater.
Seems like the Ads have (in recent memory) not been able to develop a stay-at-home defenseman. Everyone, be it Josi, Ellis or Carrier, are all offensively oriented.

Even Ekholm seemed to develop more in Nashville than he did in Milwaukee, only playing 40-50 games his one season.

cjerina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2017, 10:39 AM
  #125
nomorekids
The original, baby
 
nomorekids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 33,124
vCash: 500
Former Admiral Max Gortz headed back to Sweden, it appears.

Guess we won that trade, afterall.

__________________
nomorekids is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.