HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Betts & Prucha's return

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2006, 03:41 PM
CostaTheCrazyGreek

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CostaTheCrazyGreek Send a message via Yahoo to CostaTheCrazyGreek
Betts & Prucha's return

Is it safe to say that both could be back in time for the game at Philthy March 2nd???

Old
02-14-2006, 03:54 PM
frohli44

Send a message via ICQ to frohli44 Send a message via AIM to frohli44
I would think Betts would most certainly be back...Prucha I wouldnt be so sure he would come back right away. I think I heard hes going back to Czechoslovakia so I don't know if he is going to get rehab or what not there, but I think they are going to be extremely careful with Prucha and are going to probably take more time than they need to for him to enter back into the lineup.

Old
02-14-2006, 06:21 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Betts is suppose to start skating next week and should be back in practices in 2 weeks from what Renney said a few nights ago.

Old
02-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by frohli44
I would think Betts would most certainly be back...Prucha I wouldnt be so sure he would come back right away. I think I heard hes going back to Czechoslovakia so I don't know if he is going to get rehab or what not there, but I think they are going to be extremely careful with Prucha and are going to probably take more time than they need to for him to enter back into the lineup.
Prucha was given clearance to return to the CR for one week, but then he has to come back to NY to continue his rehab. My guess would be that he will miss maybe the first week after the break, which is fine by me.

Old
02-14-2006, 07:32 PM
CJB

The Rangers should really be careful with Prucha and give him the time to heal and to not rush him to come back to service. This team can hold the fort.

On a side note- I just remember when Prucha went down Rucinsky was a man on a mission, and just hitting everything in sight....

Old
02-14-2006, 09:48 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJB
The Rangers should really be careful with Prucha and give him the time to heal and to not rush him to come back to service. This team can hold the fort.

On a side note- I just remember when Prucha went down Rucinsky was a man on a mission, and just hitting everything in sight....
Same thing happened when Rucinsky went down. Prucha filled in for him and was tearing it up.

Old
02-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Fletch

Prucha's reaction...

to his first real injury of his life worries me a bit. While it's tough, when I hear that a day or two later he was still inconsolable, that doesn't sound like a guy getting back on the rehab course and focused to come back better. Now he's off to the Czech Republic for a week, which, having had knee problems in the past, is a crucial week in rehab and it is much better to rehab with professionals (i.e., Rangers staff) than on your own. I do worry about him changing his play style when he returns too, but we'll see in time how is affects him.

Old
02-15-2006, 08:41 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The non-Olympic players will be returning next Wednesday Feb 22.The season resumes one week later

Old
02-15-2006, 09:15 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
to his first real injury of his life worries me a bit. While it's tough, when I hear that a day or two later he was still inconsolable, that doesn't sound like a guy getting back on the rehab course and focused to come back better. Now he's off to the Czech Republic for a week, which, having had knee problems in the past, is a crucial week in rehab and it is much better to rehab with professionals (i.e., Rangers staff) than on your own. I do worry about him changing his play style when he returns too, but we'll see in time how is affects him.
He was inconsolable about not being able to play in the Olympics, which I can understand. Furthermore, based on the interviews I've seen, he's a very shy, somewhat emotional kid. Doesn't worry me at all.

Old
02-15-2006, 09:29 AM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
considering part of why he plays like he plays is so that his mom won't see him hurt, i think he might play an even tougher game now that she has seen him hurt. hockey players, for whatever reason, are easily wounded pride-wise and will do anything to have that not happen.

Old
02-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Fletch

I can't imagine a NHL player...

being 'inconsolable' about missing the Olympcis. Upset, absolutely, but 'incosolable?'. Maybe it's an exaggeration, and I hope it is. He's a hard-working kid and sometimes injuries like this set them back more than one would expect, since that 23 year old kid, getting injured for the first time, doesn't know how things are going to go. I had knee surgery and the first couple weeks were no fun - rehab was no fun, sitting around the first couple days with my leg up was no fun either. And the process is a lot slower than you expect (the first time - I haven't had a second, but believe all things being equal, it will go a lot smoother and quicker than the first). Even a vet like Rucinsky came back from a similar injury and wasn't himself for about 6-8 weeks. That has different effects on a 23 year old kid. Good thing a native countryman like Rucinsky is there for him, I guess.

Old
02-15-2006, 11:46 AM
eco's bones

I don't know Fletch. When someone uses the term inconsolable you have to wonder what that word means to them in the first place. They throw it in our direction and then we're supposed to do something with it. One would expect him to be upset. How the writer understands the reaction of such a young player in a lot different enviroment than he is used to makes me wonder. As far as it being his first injury-- that may be but the life of a hockey player has its ups and downs. Petr had quite a bit of friction with us old team over the summer and seems to have done okay--he was sent to Hartford and reacted well to that. He's getting use to a new culture and language. I think Prucha will be fine and he's got reason to come back even harder now if he wants to use it.

Old
02-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Fletch

I hear you, eco's...

and yes, injuries are part of the game, but when you're young and never got one, to some, it's tougher to take than others. He seems like a guy that would be excited about getting into rehab and working hard as fast and as much as possible, judging by his work ethic on the ice. But sometimes you worry about the effects of such injuries, especially in young guys. Hurting a knee sucks, and for a while when he goes onto the ice, it will be in the back of his head. I'm not saying it's going to be negative, but saying that it's a thought and something to look out for.

Old
02-15-2006, 12:42 PM
eco's bones

Even if he never quite gets back to where he was this season--I have to think he'll be fine next year. Rucinsky had his problems after he came back also. Prucha is younger so he should rebound better. On the other hand he might be easier for others to hit and he is scrawny. Anyway let's hope for the best. I'd like to see him hit 30 goals anyway.

Closed Thread