HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Eklund stuff

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2006, 04:11 PM
kingsfan25

vCash: 500
Eklund stuff

Well, it's gonna be a slow 2 weeks.

I know most of you aren't fond of Eklund rumours, and even those of you who are know that they aren't very likely to come to fruition.

However, I'm inclined to believe that, given the amount of time he puts into his sites and the fact that he's called a few trades...he's got at least some legitimate sources.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/eblog/Default.aspx

His latest thing is a chart in which he lists players and the likelihoods of their trade deadline destinations, which he will apparently update daily.

He's got the Kings linked to Friesen, Jokinen and Luongo..., probablility aside, its something to talk about.

Old
02-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
I would kill for Jokinen and/or Luongo

The price would be high though. I could see Keenan wanting a guy like Kanko.

Old
02-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Venom_17

Luongo or Jokinen...would be extremely extremely extremely nice.

Same goes for Richards...Kings aren't listed there.

We could potentially pick up any player in the league. We have a lot of prospects and solid roster players.

Old
02-14-2006, 06:33 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn

The price would be high though. I could see Keenan wanting a guy like Kanko.

The price would be high as would the risk. Jokinen is a UFA... It would be a hard thing to trade some high level prospects for a guy who could just sign with someone else.....

but hey..

Garon
Greb
Kanko
Tammy

And probably a lower level roster guy at least someone like Cowan or TK or even both if not a bigger guy like Cammy....

Not even Keenen would be stupid enough to trade a guy like Luongo without get some damn good prospects back in return AND a good young starting goalie.

All in all think its just a pie in the sky idea.

Old
02-16-2006, 06:18 PM
kingsfan25

In the interest of thread saving, I'll just post in here again...his latest has 4 teams, including the Kings talking to the Leafs about Sundin.

Old
02-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
In the interest of thread saving, I'll just post in here again...his latest has 4 teams, including the Kings talking to the Leafs about Sundin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklund
Toronto also likes Visnovski and Frolov.
They can like them all that they want, but DT would laugh in Toronto's face!

Old
02-16-2006, 06:31 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
They can like them all that they want, but DT would laugh in Toronto's face!
True...if it were both...all that means is that those are players they'd be interested in, not that it would cost both.

Old
02-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
True...if it were both...all that means is that those are players they'd be interested in, not that it would cost both.
I'm a big fan of Sundin's, but not at that kind of price. Hell with his salary alone he wouldn't fetch one of those two.

Old
02-16-2006, 06:57 PM
CBGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Done.

I'll make the deal happen, you kill AnotherKingsFan

Old
02-16-2006, 07:01 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I'm a big fan of Sundin's, but not at that kind of price. Hell with his salary alone he wouldn't fetch one of those two.
I can agree its a steep price. Even one alone.

Fro's just got way too much potential to give up, especially for an aging Sundin whose career is winding down.

And Vis is too intrical a part of the D-corps, a d-corps that can't afford to lose a top-4 defenseman right now.

However, DT has never been one to give up very much in a trade...except once(damn Bettman), so I wouldn't bank on losing either if a Sundin trade were to go down.

Old
02-16-2006, 09:26 PM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Sundin is - at the moment - an elite center but has just turned 35 and his 2005/06 Compensation: $6,840,000.00

I totally agree with the gist of this thread that he's DEFINITELY not worth Vish and Fro and probably not worth even one of those guys. Now if we can put together a Roenick / Cowan package for his services... hey, a guy can dream!

Old
02-16-2006, 09:47 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiball
Sundin is - at the moment - an elite center but has just turned 35 and his 2005/06 Compensation: $6,840,000.00

I totally agree with the gist of this thread that he's DEFINITELY not worth Vish and Fro and probably not worth even one of those guys. Now if we can put together a Roenick / Cowan package for his services... hey, a guy can dream!
That was one of my main arguments against Sundin when the prospect of him becoming a King was brought up earlier in the year...his numbers have suffered this year and he makes more than he ought to next year...it's an awful lot to tie up in an aging superstar next year. If DT were to get him, it would likely mean the end of Roenick next year...unless he came back at a SEVERELY reduced salary. And even then, he'd put a restriction on who the Kings could pick up in the offseason.

Old
02-17-2006, 08:50 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
That was one of my main arguments against Sundin when the prospect of him becoming a King was brought up earlier in the year...his numbers have suffered this year and he makes more than he ought to next year...it's an awful lot to tie up in an aging superstar next year. If DT were to get him, it would likely mean the end of Roenick next year...unless he came back at a SEVERELY reduced salary. And even then, he'd put a restriction on who the Kings could pick up in the offseason.
This would have been a cool deal four years ago. But i would never trade Vis, let alone Frolov at his age. Sundin is a premier center and has been forever, but one of those guys are overpayment. Plus our D can't get any thinner. Actually all of those deals sound ridiculous especially Ruutu. Only move I can actually see happening is maybe for Bulin Wall..............But I doubt anything happens! Sundin will retire a Leaf.

Old
02-17-2006, 09:42 AM
devilinto

Guys I live in Toronto and haev never liked Mats Sundin. I think this is cause he always finds away to float around in big game.

The Guy this team needs like i have said a million times is BRAD RICHARDS. Hell TEAM CANADA is usin him on the point. This guy is talented.

If it were for FROLOV and a prospect the Kings would have to make that move. I really think the Lightning would want Atleast Frolov in return.

In NHL 2006 i traded FROLOV for Brodeur. STRAIGHT UP>>>LOL

Closed Thread