HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Jackman hit...

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2003, 08:01 AM
incawg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRH
What did you thinK about the quotes from Quenneville and Pronger?

Quenneville said (paraphrase) that Bertuzzi is always looking to hit guys but you will never see him go into a corner to get a puck because he knows he'll get run.

Pronger said that when he skated over to Bert and put a hand up that "he flopped to the ice like a guy who weighs 120lbs" and he "acted like an ice dancer".

Sounds like fighting words to me...
The quenneville quote was just silly. The guy is clearly bitter that Bertuzzi has taken out two of his defenseman with clean hits.

Pronger's quote was pretty predictable. What is he supposed to say? "Yeh, I'm a moron and my lack of discipline cost us two points." It's understandable...pronger was upset and looking for an excuse. Now I'm not saying that definitively Bertuzzi did not dive; I really don't know. My point is that it's going to take a lot more than a soundbyte from a heavily-biased pronger to convince me.

Old
10-25-2003, 09:43 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
He never dropped his gloves and he caught Skrastins from the side. It's not like the squared off. I hope he tries that against Nashville's team this year.....
No offense, but who's going to stick up to him this year? Jordin Tootoo? Marek Zidlicky?

Old
10-25-2003, 10:30 AM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
No offense, but who's going to stick up to him this year? Jordin Tootoo? Marek Zidlicky?
Obviously you weren't following the results of the TEAM TOUGHNESS TOUGH TEAM TOURNAMENT!!1!

Anyways I wasn't really looking to start that whole Nashville pissing contest again, even though I had a feeling I would when I posted that. Sure Bertuzzi punched Skrastins when he wasn't expecting it, but Skrastins was the one who initially came in trying to start something late in the game. He was probably just expecting to start a little scrum or something...well guess what, when Bertuzzi's been hooked and high-sticked all night by scrubs like Bill Houlder and Cale Hulse, he's probably not going to be in a charitable mood.

Old
10-25-2003, 10:57 AM
tantalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn
Aside from that and the fight with Boucher last season (another one-punch affair), Bertuzzi had just one other fight last year, a pretty lame little wrestling match with Steve Staios.
I quickly went through the last three seasons and found 5 fighting majors for Bertuzii. Boucher, Fischer (??!!), Hnidy, S. Smith, and J. Smith. The fact is since he has arrived he doesn't need to really fight anymore. He isn't a particularily cheap player just a strong one that finishes his hits and does some face washing so people dropping their gloves to get at him typically doesn't happen. If they do he will drop them. I'd much rather have him with the gloves on then running around every 10 games like Guerin looking for a fight. Ask Iginla how smart it was to get into a fight last year.

Old
10-25-2003, 08:36 PM
Canucks-R-best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Joe
Too bad it doesn't show the rest of the clip when Pronger taps Bertuzzi and he drops like a school girl . :p

ya and by doing that Bert wins us the game. To bad it didnt show that

Old
10-25-2003, 09:08 PM
Connecticut

Quote:
Bertuzzi won you guys the game ? A lot of fans thought the refs won the game for the Canucks again .
A lot of people think you're an idiot... tell you what... if I concede that the refs won the game for the Canucks...

Old
10-25-2003, 10:08 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
A lot of people think I'm an idiot huh ?
Hell, you're almost as bad as Modano=God.

Old
10-25-2003, 10:12 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Hell, you're almost as bad as Modano=God.
Actually, I have yet to see a good hockey post from Super_Joe. For all of Modano=God's homerish antics, he at least comes off intelligent when talking about hockey instead of consistently trolling to crap on another team's player.

Old
10-25-2003, 10:32 PM
Yammer

Super_Joe,

Don't you realize that there is this thing called the "search" button? If pressed, it reveals the posters' most recent comments.

I have done this with you.

Let me give you some advice. You don't want to be drawing attention to yourself.

Because you are, if not an idiot, a person of clearly limited expressive ability.

I don't say you ARE an idiot -- it is possible that you have intelligence in the normal range, but merely have an inability to articulate interesting, novel, or insightful comments in this medium.

The point is, it doesn't feel good to laugh at another person, and it must surely not feel good to be laughed at. Please don't invite this behavior.

Old
10-26-2003, 12:30 AM
quat
vapid but stately

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
I still get chuckles .
No, that's the thing... it doesn't to anyone but yourself. Your comments aren't insightful or thoughtful, they are usually a line or two at most, and are meant to draw attention to yourself and to make other people unconfortable. I don't recall you adding anything but inflamitory statements to any discussion other than the Avs. Thinking you have little to add to a discussion has very little to do with how Burtuzzi plays hockey. The fact that you think your are being funny and present your comments as light hearted, makes me think you are trying to find a way around getting banned while still being a troll.

Obviously Burtuzzi's game is up for criticism, but you've yet to post anything that shows you actually know a thing about him.

Old
10-26-2003, 01:27 AM
incawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckMan
I am going to go ahead and disagree. M=G is nothing more than a two bit troll.
M=G may be a homer who is quick to throw insults, but at least he backs up his arguments with hockey knowledge. This "Super_Joe" guy has never demonstrated one iota of hockey knowledge. It's a shame that fans like him feed the perception that avs fans in general are ignorant about the sport.

Old
10-26-2003, 06:28 AM
OlliMackBjugStud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok
Bert is our second best forward.
Bert is easily our best forward. When was the last time Naslund changed the flow of the game.

The reason Bert is so good, is he doesnt even have to get on the score sheet to be a big influence in the game. Screening goalies, big hits, taking the abuse in front of the net. Sorry, Naslund is soo one dimensional.

DR

Old
10-26-2003, 07:40 AM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckMan
I am going to go ahead and disagree. M=G is nothing more than a two bit troll.
I wouldn't say that he's a troll b/c he doesn't make comments just to piss people off, but I would say that I've never ever come across a person with so much hatred for another's team and their fans.

I'm pretty sure he's taken at least five years off of his life b/c of all his stressing as well as the hatred and anger he posesses against 'Nucks and their fans. Kind of silly really considering it's just a sport.

Old
10-27-2003, 07:26 AM
incawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexxy27
Just like Jovo did when Linden got hit by the penalty box earlier in the season. I can't remember who they were playing now, but I remember Linden getting hit as he got up off his knees and Jovo went after the guy. The same thing as Pronger did.
Jovo kicked the snot out of isbister after a dirty hit on Linden. The canucks killed the penalty and won the game.

Old
10-27-2003, 07:58 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexxy27
Just like Jovo did when Linden got hit by the penalty box earlier in the season. I can't remember who they were playing now, but I remember Linden getting hit as he got up off his knees and Jovo went after the guy. The same thing as Pronger did.
I'm not talking about the play, I'm talking about the cowardly way he tried to talk Bertuzzi down after the game and downplay his own screw up. The hit on Linden was dirty, the hit on Jackman was clean.

Closed Thread