HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers interested in Tkachuk?

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2006, 06:01 PM
TrueBlue10

vCash: 500
Rangers interested in Tkachuk?

"•If Blues winger Keith Tkachuk waves his no-trade clause, both the Rangers and Devils would be interested."

dont know if I'd want that to happen...

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sp....asp?id=154194

Old
02-14-2006, 06:10 PM
nyr7andcounting

Even if he's a UFA after this season I still wouldn't do it. With Prucha healthy we have enough wingers so no way I'd give up what it would take.

Old
02-14-2006, 06:12 PM
BigE

There was a thread about this not too long ago..."search."

Old
02-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Zil

He's too old, too expensive and too much of an injury risk. Plus it would take a lot to get him.

Old
02-14-2006, 06:13 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

How could you be interested? His cost will be up the wazoo. And thats a price I am not willing to pay. Look at how much Weight cost the Canes'. IMO Tkachuk is better than Weight and will cost more. Sorry but I'm not ready to fork over the likes of Prucha, Tyutin, Baranka, Dawes, Immonen, Jessiman, Pock, Montoya, Helminen, Dubinsky, Sauer, Staal, Graham, Russell, Callahan, Korpedo, and high picks for Tkachuk and his salary/age.

Old
02-14-2006, 06:36 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Yeah, let's bolster our scoring down the stretch run by trading for a player with a history of being a disappointment in the playoffs. What are we, the Flyers?

Old
02-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Draft Guru

I was all for Tkachuk about 5 years ago, but definitely not now. As others have stated, his cost will be too much. He's the type of player we need, although we don't need Tkachuk himself. Somebody preferably younger and A LOT cheaper.

Old
02-14-2006, 06:50 PM
frohli44

Send a message via ICQ to frohli44 Send a message via AIM to frohli44
I personally don't want Tkachuk, but I dont think money is going to play a huge issue. Depending on when he gets traded we would owe him about 2 mill for the season and then he bolts. It's just not the type of deal we need or should make.

Old
02-14-2006, 07:14 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by frohli44
I personally don't want Tkachuk, but I dont think money is going to play a huge issue. Depending on when he gets traded we would owe him about 2 mill for the season and then he bolts. It's just not the type of deal we need or should make.
He's got another year on his deal at about $3.8 million.

Old
02-14-2006, 07:17 PM
free0717

No, If we are going to go after someone, lets go after Ollie Jokinen.

Old
02-14-2006, 07:23 PM
frohli44

Send a message via ICQ to frohli44 Send a message via AIM to frohli44
Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
No, If we are going to go after someone, lets go after Ollie Jokinen.
Ok, now I'm no expert but I think the asking price between Ollie and Tkachuk is going to be a big difference. If Sather is stupid enough, which I don't think he will be, to go and offer the type of deal Carolina did for Weight, then I might agree with you and say throw in the extra DP to get Ollie. Fact is though, at this moment we are 20 games over .500 and these type of deals don't make sense and I don't think are going to happen...

Old
02-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Levitate

don't see how it'd work out

only way to get tkachuk is to trade some of the current roster, which st. louis isn't gonna take. you think they want rucinsky, straka, sykora, etc? and you think the rangers would trade someone like prucha for him? no...only way it'd work is if the blues would take something like hossa, ward, some prospects, blah blah, and i don't think the rangers are gonna kill their chemistry (and lose some of their good PKers) or trade some of their best prospects for a guy who keeps getting injured, is old, and costs a lot of money

just doesn't make sense

Old
02-14-2006, 07:33 PM
TheRedressor

The only player we should get at the Deadline is Brian Leetch

Old
02-14-2006, 07:34 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by frohli44
Ok, now I'm no expert but I think the asking price between Ollie and Tkachuk is going to be a big difference. If Sather is stupid enough, which I don't think he will be, to go and offer the type of deal Carolina did for Weight, then I might agree with you and say throw in the extra DP to get Ollie. Fact is though, at this moment we are 20 games over .500 and these type of deals don't make sense and I don't think are going to happen...
That depends. Jokinen is a pending UFA, and has reportedly said he's not coming back if the Panthers don't re-sign Luongo. OTOH, Tkachuk does have another year on his contract. Plus, at their respective best, Tkachuk is the more dominant player.

Old
02-14-2006, 07:37 PM
CJB

Get a stay at home defenseman to push Strudwick to the 7th D-men /13th forward role and I'll go to the playoffs with this team. They have gone this far into the season and with the addition of Sykora has spark some offense. There are few players that can match a motivated Jagr especially during the playoffs...and in that Toronto game when the man wants the puck you give it to him.

Old
02-14-2006, 07:40 PM
NYR469

if the price is right (ie we don't give up much in terms of future talent) KT would be the PERFECT addition...there is not a single available forward that better fits this teams current needs. he'd add grit & strength to the top 2 lines and he'd stand in front of the net on the pp. that instantly solves 2 of the 3 biggest needs...

if you can get him cheap its the ideal situation...instead of looking for someone 'like tkachuk' why not just get tkachuk himself??

we are gonna regret not making the deal pre-olympics...playing with good players he's gonna tear it up in torino and then the price will go up.

Old
02-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
if the price is right (ie we don't give up much in terms of future talent) KT would be the PERFECT addition
Nobody is doubting that from what I see. However, the price will not be right. Don't expect to get Keith Tkachuk for Maxim Kondratiev. It's going to take a lot more. I really don't think it's worth it to be honest.

Old
02-14-2006, 08:23 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

I agree. The time has long since passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
I was all for Tkachuk about 5 years ago, but definitely not now. As others have stated, his cost will be too much. He's the type of player we need, although we don't need Tkachuk himself. Somebody preferably younger and A LOT cheaper.
The only serious consideration would be if we thought he would put us over the hump and put us on the road to the cup. The price would certainly be high and We've invested too much pain and suffering for quick fix. In a year or two if a similar player was available I would be more inclined to be in favor of doing soemthing, but not now, not at this stage.

Old
02-14-2006, 09:12 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

We could use a grinding type foward who will stand in front of the net and score goals but at what price. Like I said above, its going to be a price I'm not willing to pay.

Old
02-14-2006, 10:08 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch
We could use a grinding type foward who will stand in front of the net and score goals but at what price. Like I said above, its going to be a price I'm not willing to pay.

a guy id like to get is Doan. He is rumored to be available. We got young talent to offer. Doan and Matthew Spiller to Rangers for Tom Poti, Ville Nieminen, Al Montoya, Marcel Hossa and 1st in 06 and 2ed in 07.

Old
02-14-2006, 10:12 PM
TrueBlue10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
a guy id like to get is Doan. He is rumored to be available. We got young talent to offer. Doan and Matthew Spiller to Rangers for Tom Poti, Ville Nieminen, Al Montoya, Marcel Hossa and 1st in 06 and 2ed in 07.

poti is playing better but no way they do this

Old
02-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Draft Guru

Quote:
Jed, you can't just throw names out there without doing some research.

Doan is the Coyotes' captain. He's a favorite of Gretzky. Chances of him being dealt are slim-to-none. Same goes for Spiller. The Coyotes are very high on him.

Now to analyze what they'd get in return in your proposal. Tom Poti? He's a UFA at years end, why would they want him? Ville Nieminen? What does he do for them? They have enough 3rd and 4th liners as it is. Al Montoya? The Coyotes had a chance to draft Montoya and passed to take a high school kid. What does that tell you about their thoughts on him? Or there thoughts on their own goalie of the future, David Leneveu? Obviously they thought very high of Leveneu to pass on Montoya. Marcel Hossa? I think they've taken on their fair share of reclamation projects for one year.

Any talk of Doan to New York (from a Phoenix perspective) starts with Staal.

Old
02-14-2006, 10:18 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

That's an embarrassing offer.

02-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Block More Shots

We have a good team without Tkachuk in the lineup. We should be going for a 6th/7th d-man to add to the lineup and nothing more than that.

Plus, we'd have to give up AT LEAST a 1st in the upcoming draft along with a couple good prospects. No need to take the chance...this team's chemistry is great as it is.

Old
02-14-2006, 10:46 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
The only serious consideration would be if we thought he would put us over the hump and put us on the road to the cup. The price would certainly be high and We've invested too much pain and suffering for quick fix. In a year or two if a similar player was available I would be more inclined to be in favor of doing soemthing, but not now, not at this stage.
Add in the fact that we might have become a team that a non-over-the-hill free agent might sign with for the right reasons and it's crazy to mortgage the future once again.

Ya know, I think every single player on our team is a better player than they were when the season started.

Closed Thread