HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit / Nashville Trade Proposal.

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2006, 10:55 AM
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Detroit / Nashville Trade Proposal.

As I see it Detroit would want to shore up their defensive dept and Nashville could use a true #1 Offensive center.

To Nashville: C Robert Lang, C Tyler Haskins and D Jamie Rivers.

To Detroit: D Shea Weber and 3rd rounder 06.

Robert Lang still has one year left on his contract paying him 3.8 Million.
Tyler Haskins needs to be signed this summer or can re-enter the draft.
Jamie Rivers is on a league Min contract that is up by the years end when he will be a UFA.

Old
02-23-2006, 11:05 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
No thanks. Lang is 35 and hasn't been a $4 mil a year player for the Wings this season. If we take him, we'd be gambling on him turning back into the Lang of ages 29-33. That's a large risk, and gets even riskier when you consider that we are giving Shea Weber over to our biggest rival. While we'll have Lang playing decently for 1 season before he retires, you'll have Weber for a decade. And considering he's probably the most physically imposing Dman in the central right now, I'd rather him on my team for the next few years.

I wouldn't mind Lang, but he'll be going for a lot less than a top 5 blueline prospect in my opinion. And if he's going for a lot less, Detroit would rather that 'less' come from someone not challenging the for the division in the near future.

Old
02-23-2006, 03:23 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'm just going to do you a little favor and close this one before it gets ugly...and it will.

It'd be like...if we offered up Scott Walker, Libor Pivko and say...Rick Berry...for Nik Kronwall.

Walker is a nice player that's likely on the decline...like Lang. Pivko and Haskins are limited potential "prospects," and Berry and Rivers are journeyman fringe NHLers.

If anyone wants to talk about this, use the thread on the Trade Proposal board.

Closed Thread