HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nice to hear...

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Nice to hear...

I was listening to 1050 ESPN radio and after they finished the 20 minute sports report, the commentator says "This is 1050 ESPN radio, your home of the 1st place New York Rangers". Not sure anyone would really care but I thought it was pretty cool to hear it.

Old
02-15-2006, 10:29 AM
broadwayblue

that is nice to hear...can you get 1050 over the net?

Old
02-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Yes...

www.1050espnradio.com

Old
02-15-2006, 10:46 AM
broadwayblue

thanks.

Old
02-15-2006, 11:21 AM
True Blue

Nice to hear, but they still do not talk about hockey. They state "Home of the 1st place Rangers", but do not give them any airtime. And frequently bump them to another station so that they can get the Knicks on. NONE of their on-air hosts give the Rangers any play.

Old
02-15-2006, 11:23 AM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Nice to hear, but they still do not talk about hockey. They state "Home of the 1st place Rangers", but do not give them any airtime. And frequently bump them to another station so that they can get the Knicks on. NONE of their on-air hosts give the Rangers any play.
Michael Kay gives them some air time. Not that much, but he does. He also takes some calls on the Rangers too. The thing with pushing the Rangers off is because the knicks get precedence, just like on MSG. It was most probably decided even before the season began.

Old
02-15-2006, 12:08 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
Michael Kay gives them some air time. Not that much, but he does. He also takes some calls on the Rangers too. The thing with pushing the Rangers off is because the knicks get precedence, just like on MSG. It was most probably decided even before the season began.
And, unfortunately, because more people care about hoops than pucks (and I say "unfortunately" even as a Knick fan). Even last place hoops. (And actually, if you think about it, since most people call sports radio to gripe, it would kinda make sense in a sick way that the Knicks got more airtime even if the sports had equal followings.)

Old
02-15-2006, 12:37 PM
FACEMAN

if you guys are starving for hockey give xm a shot. ever since they added xm 204 hockey talk, i don't turn the dial. only thing i don't like is espo.

Old
02-15-2006, 12:45 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEMAN
if you guys are starving for hockey give xm a shot. ever since they added xm 204 hockey talk, i don't turn the dial. only thing i don't like is espo.
is that channel all day hockey talk...or is it just a couple hour show?

never mind...i reseached it:

6AM-9AM ET Hockey This Morning
9AM-Noon ET Hockey This Morning (encore)
Noon-1PM ET The Hockey Beat
1PM-3PM ET Power Play
3PM-4PM ET The Hockey Beat (encore)
4PM-6PM ET In The Slot
6PM-7PM ET Face Off
7PM-10PM ET Nhl Play By Play (Check Schedule)
10PM ET Ice Cap

maybe i'll look for an XM deal.

Old
02-15-2006, 12:56 PM
broadwayblue

crap...i signed up for a 3 day online trial...but it appears they don't include channel 204 for some reason.

Old
02-15-2006, 01:05 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan
And, unfortunately, because more people care about hoops than pucks (and I say "unfortunately" even as a Knick fan). Even last place hoops. (And actually, if you think about it, since most people call sports radio to gripe, it would kinda make sense in a sick way that the Knicks got more airtime even if the sports had equal followings.)
If they want griping about the Rangers, they can just use this message board as a script.

Old
02-15-2006, 11:24 PM
TheZherdev

ESPN could have went with "Home of the 1st place Rangers" or "Home of the last place knicks, 'Note to listeners Isiah Thomas is being sued for sexual harassment'" Frankly I would go with the rangers one.

Old
02-16-2006, 12:11 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Watching the Knicks makes my eyes bleed. They are so terrible.I don't see why a team with a terrible record and almost 0% chance of post-season play should get precedence over a first place 100% chance to make the playoffs team. Mind boggling.

I think the problem with the radio station or media in general is that they don't know enough about the players or the game to really comment on it fully, which in of itself is pretty sad.

Old
02-16-2006, 12:16 AM
frohli44

Send a message via ICQ to frohli44 Send a message via AIM to frohli44
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
Watching the Knicks makes my eyes bleed. They are so terrible.I don't see why a team with a terrible record and almost 0% chance of post-season play should get precedence over a first place 100% chance to make the playoffs team. Mind boggling.

I think the problem with the radio station or media in general is that they don't know enough about the players or the game to really comment on it fully, which in of itself is pretty sad.
I think getting people to talk about hockey isnt the real issue. There are always going to be people that at least can talk about a hockey team. I think what it really comes down to is the fact that when they made their schedules and what not at the beginning of the year, it was basketball or hockey, and basketball won. I think if you even walked around NYC today, and went up to 100 people, unfortunately 80 of those people would say they would rather watch the Knicks than the Rangers, which is unfortunate, but the truth.

Old
02-16-2006, 12:22 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by frohli44
I think getting people to talk about hockey isnt the real issue. There are always going to be people that at least can talk about a hockey team. I think what it really comes down to is the fact that when they made their schedules and what not at the beginning of the year, it was basketball or hockey, and basketball won. I think if you even walked around NYC today, and went up to 100 people, unfortunately 80 of those people would say they would rather watch the Knicks than the Rangers, which is unfortunate, but the truth.
I live in upstate NY and it's the complete opposite. People up in this area don't really watch the Knicks much at all. This is Giants, Jets, Bills, Rangers, Sabres, Yankees area. Basketball is almost an afterthought, other than the Syracuse Orange.

It goes: Football, Baseball, Hockey (including college teams like RPI, St Lawrence, etc), College Basketball. Depends on where you live I guess.

Old
02-16-2006, 12:29 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Does anybody else realize that when ESPN radio bumps the Rangers they bump them to a BETTER signal.

Thank you 1050 ESPN Radio

Old
02-16-2006, 12:14 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Does anybody else realize that when ESPN radio bumps the Rangers they bump them to a BETTER signal.

Thank you 1050 ESPN Radio
I know 770 is a better signal than 1050, but I never thought about it as a plus. Thanks! Though I would still rather it be on 1050 because that means theres a post game show with calls and all.

Old
02-16-2006, 05:16 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
I know 770 is a better signal than 1050, but I never thought about it as a plus. Thanks! Though I would still rather it be on 1050 because that means theres a post game show with calls and all.
I agree we need a postgame show with calls even if it is with fat boy don legraca

Closed Thread