HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WIN!!! - WCSF - Game 4 - St. Louis at Nashville - NSH Leads 3-1

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2017, 08:12 AM
Jonesey
Dept. of Defense

vCash: 500
WIN!!! - WCSF - Game 4 - St. Louis at Nashville - NSH Leads 3-1

Last edited by Jonesey: 05-03-2017 at 06:40 AM.
Old
05-02-2017, 08:27 AM
Pred303

vCash: 50
drop the puck

Old
05-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

I'd love to have Smith back for some scoring depth, we rely pretty much on our defense and the JOFA line to bring the offense. Defensively, we are playing like a team that could win it all.

Still waiting for Playoff Willy to show up. Neal has been great, but hasn't produced. Fish has been stuck in a line where he can't produce, although he and Z have chemistry. Maybe put those guys together again? Jarny has been a pedestrian offensively so far.

Sissons has been excellent, and Watson hasn't missed a beat from the reg. season. 55 has been solid, too. I'd keep those guys together although they have bad lapses in the d-zone.

Assuming Smith returns, Salo is the one to goo. Z-Fish-Smith could find some offense.

Old
05-02-2017, 08:47 AM
TheOriginalJez

Well, we've won every game I've managed to catch so far... guess I have to get up at 3.30 this morning... eek.

Old
05-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

Did anyone count the scoring chances the Blues had last game? I'm pretty sure you can count them with one hand's fingers. That's how well we played defensively.

Old
05-02-2017, 09:03 AM
predwings

This one is labeled for 3OT with 8:30 start time

Old
05-02-2017, 09:03 AM
TitansVolsPreds615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoresberg View Post
Did anyone count the scoring chances the Blues had last game? I'm pretty sure you can count them with one hand's fingers. That's how well we played defensively.
They scored on the only one they had in about 20 minutes. That was frustrating.

Old
05-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I'm jittery. Excited and nervous.

I'm as nervous as a roach at a STOMP concert.

Old
05-02-2017, 09:14 AM
Legionnaire11
BucketPred Land

As I said in the observation thread, don't make any big mistakes in your own end and everything is good. I'd have worried a lot more in years past, but there's something different about this team right now, I think they're in control and they know it and they're going to come out and prove it tonight.

Old
05-02-2017, 09:16 AM
kypredsfan
Smashville Subban

I'll go out on a limb here and say that IF the Preds win tonight, I believe the series is basically over. A loss and I'll be pissed off knowing a best of 3 isn't desirable when 2 of those would be on the road. I hope the Preds Bring It tonight!!!

Old
05-02-2017, 09:33 AM
TitansVolsPreds615

I wasn't very nervous before Game 3 and im not really nervous this morning. We are clearly the better team after 3 games and that will show up even in a 7 game series.

Old
05-02-2017, 09:43 AM
Hinterland

We finally got the NBC top duo with Forslund/Boucher. Hopefully a good sign for tonights game. Would also be nice to get at least one of the speedsters back for tonights game to be able to sit McLeod.

Old
05-02-2017, 09:43 AM
TitansVolsPreds615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post
We finally got the NBC top duo with Forslund/Boucher. Hopefully a good sign for tonights game. Would also be nice to get at least one of the speedsters back for tonights game to be able to sit McLeod.
I think McLeod is going to be in no matter what. Salomaki will sit when Smith gets back.

Old
05-02-2017, 09:46 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Forslund is awesome- my favorite PBP guy in the league

Old
05-02-2017, 09:58 AM
gratefulpred
Eternal Optimist

Of all days to have a doctor's appointment in Nashville and no tix! Will still be rocking my Preds gear downtown before heading back to Murray, KY.

Go Preds! Keep this fun ride charging along!

Old
05-02-2017, 10:09 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

No reason to be nervous; team is playing well. Vamos los Perds!

Old
05-02-2017, 10:14 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
I don't think I've ever been this confident in a Predators team playing in the playoffs. Ever. It's a weird feeling but I'm sticking with it.

Old
05-02-2017, 10:24 AM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
I think McLeod is going to be in no matter what. Salomaki will sit when Smith gets back.
Would be a huge mistake. He was great in Game 3 and he's one of those guys they need to get going. He, alongside Wilson and Jarnkrok, is just scratching the surface of what he's capable of. With McLeod you can only pray that it doesn't get worse. He's been much better than expected. He's not gonna improve.

Old
05-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I don't think I've ever been this confident in a Predators team playing in the playoffs. Ever. It's a weird feeling but I'm sticking with it.
Pretty much how I feel.

Old
05-02-2017, 10:55 AM
jumb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post

I've never been as confident about any of my teams as I am in the Preds right now.

Old
05-02-2017, 10:57 AM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
Would be a huge mistake. He was great in Game 3 and he's one of those guys they need to get going. He, alongside Wilson and Jarnkrok, is just scratching the surface of what he's capable of. With McLeod you can only pray that it doesn't get worse. He's been much better than expected. He's not gonna improve.
You and I have a VERY different definition of great. Salomaki was fine in game 3, no better. Sissons was great, McLeod and Zolnierczyk were actually really good. Salomaki is probably still rusty, but the point remains, he was far from great.

On Jarnkrok, maybe he's just scratching the surface, maybe he's still injured. But maybe he's just one of those guys that can't quite hack it in the playoffs.

26 career playoff games 0 goals, 4 assists, -8.

Anyway, the team is playing great and I won't question whatever Laviolette decides to do on those 3rd/4th lines (Unless he tries to put Fiddler back in, I'd be ready for fisticuffs over that one)

Last edited by Mortiest Morty: 05-02-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old
05-02-2017, 11:27 AM

We got this.

Also, I'm really excited for your city getting the recognition it deserves this post season. The hockey culture there is unreal.

Old
05-02-2017, 11:34 AM
Tempfan99
Rookie User

Preds in 5

Old
05-02-2017, 11:54 AM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
You and I have a VERY different definition of great. Salomaki was fine in game 3, no better. Sissons was great, McLeod and Zolnierczyk were actually really good. Salomaki is probably still rusty, but the point remains, he was far from great.

On Jarnkrok, maybe he's just scratching the surface, maybe he's still injured. But maybe he's just one of those guys that can't quite hack it in the playoffs.

Anyway, the team is playing great and I won't question whatever Laviolette decides to do on those 3rd/4th lines (Unless he tries to put Fiddler back in, I'd be ready for fisticuffs over that one)
100% agreed with this post. Salo has been off, like Jarny. Salo is rusty, I think I wouldn't keep him in the lineup. With Sissons' recent surge, I'd say he takes the #3C, job where Jarny is demoted to the 4th line + PK minutes, and he's been killing it at the dot.

Old
05-02-2017, 11:56 AM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post

Salomaki was pretty good in Game 3. As were Sissons and Harry Z. McLeod was ok. Granted...he wasn't quite the liability I expected him to be...but it's also not like the team really needs him in there. Blues are not too much into the rough stuff. They're looking to win, not to throw fists. They play hard but to believe that McLeod scares them the slightest bit would be fooling ourselves.
Salomaki probably isn't gonna fight but that's about the only thing McLeod does better than Salomaki who needs games to get going.
I'm not a big fan of Jarnkrok...in fact I never liked him. Even back when he was with the Wings I never quite understood the Jarnkrok hype. Yes, he hasn't been good so far but it's also pretty easy to see that he's not 100%. Probably also the reason why Fiddler got to play 2nd game. Same can be said about Wilson. Hard to imagine that he's fully healthy. Yes, he scored a goal but overall, he didn't look too sharp so far. Give them time and they'll improve. All of them.

Closed Thread