HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WIN!!! - WCSF - Game 4 - St. Louis at Nashville - NSH Leads 3-1

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2017, 12:29 PM
czechczech

vCash: 500
Someone expecting a war or is this standard 2nd Round call-ups? I believe Preds have made these call-ups is past playoffs.

#Preds -Add Vladislav Kamenev, Alexandre Carrier, Jack Dougherty, Petter Granberg and Trevor Murphy to roster.

Old
05-02-2017, 12:30 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechczech View Post
Someone expecting a war or is this standard 2nd Round call-ups? I believe Preds have made these call-ups is past playoffs.

#Preds -Add Vladislav Kamenev, Alexandre Carrier, Jack Dougherty, Petter Granberg and Trevor Murphy to roster.
#BlackAces

This is common when the minor league team is eliminated from playoff contention/playoffs and the parent team is in the playoffs. None of them will likely see a game, it is more for the experience of practicing with NHL'ers and getting to see the day to day workings from the NHL side.

What's eye opening is the fact that Ribeiro is not in the mix.

Old
05-02-2017, 12:31 PM
TitansVolsPreds615

Sounds like Smith is going to be out again. Lineup should be unchanged.

Old
05-02-2017, 12:33 PM
tampa pred

If Smith can go, I'd sit Salomaki. He's missed way too much time and is rusty. Harry Z needs to stay in the line-up. McLeod has been laying big hits and has a game winning goal to his credit. Now if Adberg comes back also, I'd then choose to sit McLeod.

My order for playing the non-regulars if all available:

Aberg/Harry Z (depending on if you want more skill or toughness)
McLeod
Salomaki
Fiddler

Old
Preds Partisan
Gunga galunga

Jarnkrok won 16/19 FO's Sunday, so he's at least contributing there.

Old
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechczech View Post

Milwaukee lost the series vs Grand Rapids I believe. And the Preds are already banged up badly. Doesn't hurt to have those guys on board and be it only for them to gain some experience or fill up eventual gaps in training if Coaches want to do line rushes.

Old
05-02-2017, 12:35 PM
tampa pred

Do we know (have a guess) what is wrong with Smith or Aberg?

Old
05-02-2017, 12:40 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Jarnkrok won 16/19 FO's Sunday, so he's at least contributing there.
True. 10/10 vs Lehtera, Berglund and Steen who are pretty bad at this. But also 6/9 vs Stastny who's pretty good at Faceoffs. Good stuff. No doubt about that. Especially since Jarnkrok isn't known to be very good at Faceoffs.

Old
05-02-2017, 12:44 PM
TitansVolsPreds615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post
True. 10/10 vs Lehtera, Berglund and Steen who are pretty bad at this. But also 6/9 vs Stastny who's pretty good at Faceoffs. Good stuff. No doubt about that. Especially since Jarnkrok isn't known to be very good at Faceoffs.
uhh..he is one of the best 2 or 3 FO guys on the team...

Old
05-02-2017, 12:45 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa pred View Post
If Smith can go, I'd sit Salomaki. He's missed way too much time and is rusty. Harry Z needs to stay in the line-up. McLeod has been laying big hits and has a game winning goal to his credit. Now if Adberg comes back also, I'd then choose to sit McLeod.

My order for playing the non-regulars if all available:

Aberg/Harry Z (depending on if you want more skill or toughness)
McLeod
Salomaki
Fiddler
Nah. The season probably isn't gonna end with this series. Even if McLeod was the better option for this game (I doubt he is)...knowing what Salomaki has been through and what he's capable of, it wouldn't make sense to play McLeod over him. Salomaki is easily the best player outta those you listed...in pretty much every aspect of the game...maybe with the exception of Aberg who appears be a bit more talented and a better skater.

Old
05-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
uhh..he is one of the best 2 or 3 FO guys on the team...
Nah. Just like last season, he and Ribeiro were the only ones south of 50%. Johansen, Fisher, Sissons and Fiddler are usually much better.

Old
05-02-2017, 12:52 PM
tampa pred

Quote:
Nah. The season probably isn't gonna end with this series. Even if McLeod was the better option for this game (I doubt he is)...knowing what Salomaki has been through and what he's capable of, it wouldn't make sense to play McLeod over him. Salomaki is easily the best player outta those you listed...in pretty much every aspect of the game...maybe with the exception of Aberg who appears be a bit more talented and a better skater.
While I loved his game last season and look forward to seeing what he can do next season, he has looked completely unremarkable this season (granted it has only been a few games).

Old
05-02-2017, 01:03 PM
Montross
Sheltered

OK Preds - just. win.

Old
05-02-2017, 01:25 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
I don't understand this narrative that McLeod is terrible and Salomaki is a must-play. I mean, nothing against him but what has he done that makes him worthy of burning couches if he's not in the lineup? Even if you take McLeod out of the conversation I still don't get it.

Old
05-02-2017, 01:29 PM
wadesworld

We need to get out to a fast start tonight and put pucks on the net. Jake Allen has to be feeling like he has to be superhuman tonight. Get one early on him, and it could be devastating.

Old
05-02-2017, 01:30 PM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I don't understand this narrative that McLeod is terrible and Salomaki is a must-play. I mean, nothing against him but what has he done that makes him worthy of burning couches if he's not in the lineup? Even if you take McLeod out of the conversation I still don't get it.
Agreed, not a huge Mcleod fan, but he's been solid in the poffs. Salo hasn't played all year, and he's not that great that he should play.

Old
05-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
And why is McLeod a must play? Because there might be a fight? Because the Blues fear him? Bah...I doubt it.
Salomaki is a must play not because of what he's done this season but because:

a.) of what he's capable of
b.) the Preds will have to win two more series to get the Cup

Old
05-02-2017, 01:54 PM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

Quote:
And why is McLeod a must play? Because there might be a fight? Because the Blues fear him? Bah...I doubt it.

Do you even watch the games? I seriously doubt that.

Old
05-02-2017, 02:44 PM
Gh24

Quote:

I don't think he's saying McLeod should be a must-play either. I like Salomaki more, but don't think either one of them has an edge over the other.

While McLeod hits harder, he misses half of the hits. I think Salomaki has been more steady in dzone, but McLeod provides a bigger threat.

And yes, with McLeod in the lineup, Blues are less likely to go over the edge.

Old
05-02-2017, 03:14 PM
Armourboy

McLeod may not be great, but he plays a solid game and you know exactly what you are going to get. Not to mention his style of play actually is pretty solid for the playoffs because they give you lots more leeway so it's more effective.

I'm not downing Salomaki, I like the kid and hope he returns to form next season. As for what little time he has played he has done nothing to show he deserves playing time over someone else. Playing time in the playoffs is mostly earned, his has been gifted due to injury.

That said I work tonight, and while I know the game is at home, as many updates as possible will be greatly appreciated.

Old
05-02-2017, 03:18 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
McLeod may not be great, but he plays a solid game and you know exactly what you are going to get. Not to mention his style of play actually is pretty solid for the playoffs because they give you lots more leeway so it's more effective.

I'm not downing Salomaki, I like the kid and hope he returns to form next season. As for what little time he has played he has done nothing to show he deserves playing time over someone else. Playing time in the playoffs is mostly earned, his has been gifted due to injury.

That said I work tonight, and while I know the game is at home, as many updates as possible will be greatly appreciated.
How the #$#@ has McLeod earned it? He has one fluke goal and otherwise gets pinned in his own zone. Not trying to promote Salomaki over him, but McLeod has no business getting a second of ice time over nearly anyone on this roster.

I'd say the figher in McLeod allowed him to be gifted ice time.

Old
05-02-2017, 03:26 PM
Legionnaire11
BucketPred Land

Not only do we have to wait an extra 90 mins for puck drop tonight, but I've been awake since 3:30am thanks to my 17 month old daughter. And the clock is sure moving slower than I've ever seen before.

Old
05-02-2017, 03:27 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
How the #$#@ has McLeod earned it? He has one fluke goal and otherwise gets pinned in his own zone. Not trying to promote Salomaki over him, but McLeod has no business getting a second of ice time over nearly anyone on this roster.

We don't know how chemistry issues are affecting this.

I don't mind McLeod THAT much, but I'm not trying to say he deserves to play, but we've seen literally almost nothing from Salomaki. I think I'm just more baffled at the desire to see him play than anything else.

Old
05-02-2017, 03:48 PM
tampa pred

McLeod is a respected vet that has fought battles for his teammates during the regular season. While fighting isn't needed in the playoffs, he plays a hard game which is important during a best of 7 series. His "fluke" goal looked pretty skilled to me and was a game winner. If it was Forsberg who scored that goal, everyone would be raving about how he knocked the puck in the air with his stick to set up the perfect shot.

I didn't want to see McLeod in the playoffs either, but he has done more to earn a spot than Salomaki.

It looks like Salo will get another shot tonight to impress. I'd love for him to change my opinion.

Old
05-02-2017, 04:01 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post

As others said if Forsberg or Arvy scored that goal everyone here would be talking about how great of a play it was. Fiddlers was a fluke, McLeod's goal actually took a bit of skill.

I also think some of you are missing the small things. His beating and banging has resulted in several opportunities as well as one goal. He may not play great but he plays hard. Also him getting stuck in the zone may or may not be a direct reflection of him, there are 5 other guys in the defensive zone which may be more the cause than him.

He may not be great, but let's sure as hell not act like Salomaki is setting the world on fire and deserves playing time any more than he does.

Closed Thread