HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

WIN!!! - WCSF - Game 4 - St. Louis at Nashville - NSH Leads 3-1

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
I've seen more than a few Blues fans and neutral observers talk about how much more physical we've been, and the toll it's already taking on the Blues. I would not relegate McLeod's contributions to "a fighter in a series without fights." He will finish every check, be a pain in the ass on the forecheck and drive the net every chance he gets. I think Salo should be used as a fill-in for injuries, but otherwise wait til next year, he 's just not up to speed right now.

Sissons has been really impressive this postseason, I hope we get to see him back with Smith and Aberg at some point. I think they would be killing it again this series.

Old
05-02-2017, 04:57 PM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

Punch em in the gut, then make them chase you. The big bodies they have simply couldn't keep up when we did that in Game 3. Don't change a thing.

Old
05-02-2017, 05:35 PM
FossilFndr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Not only do we have to wait an extra 90 mins for puck drop tonight, but I've been awake since 3:30am thanks to my 17 month old daughter. And the clock is sure moving slower than I've ever seen before.
Just wait till she is xx-teen, and reminisce how much sleep you got when she was 17 months.

Old
05-02-2017, 05:39 PM
TheOriginalJez

My sister asked me why I don't just watch it in the morning instead of waiting til 3am... it's like she's never heard of playoffs living with her little brats at the moment (1&3) I certainly sympathise on the sleep deprivation though.

Old
05-02-2017, 06:10 PM
FossilFndr

Read the Blues GDT, not an optimistic bunch. hope their team has the same attitude.

Old
05-02-2017, 06:11 PM
kypredsfan
Smashville Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Not only do we have to wait an extra 90 mins for puck drop tonight, but I've been awake since 3:30am thanks to my 17 month old daughter. And the clock is sure moving slower than I've ever seen before.
Don't freak me out. My wife and I are expecting our first in November and found out like 2 weeks after signing up for the 3 year STH renewal I forsee plenty of tickets up for sale in our future.

Old
05-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Legionnaire11
Go Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Don't freak me out. My wife and I are expecting our first in November and found out like 2 weeks after signing up for the 3 year STH renewal I forsee plenty of tickets up for sale in our future.
They're all different, we we're zombies after six weeks with my son and he still woke up every night until about 15 months. Our daughter slept through the night at three weeks lol. Once they're sleeping you're mostly good, unless they're sick (which she is) or the occasional weird night.

But it's worth it when they learn to say "Red Wings Suck!"

Old
05-02-2017, 07:06 PM
Bouboumaster

Go Subban, Go Nashville!

Old
05-02-2017, 07:08 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
McLeod may not be great, but he plays a solid game and you know exactly what you are going to get. Not to mention his style of play actually is pretty solid for the playoffs because they give you lots more leeway so it's more effective.

I'm not downing Salomaki, I like the kid and hope he returns to form next season. As for what little time he has played he has done nothing to show he deserves playing time over someone else. Playing time in the playoffs is mostly earned, his has been gifted due to injury.

That said I work tonight, and while I know the game is at home, as many updates as possible will be greatly appreciated.
I'm not downing McLeod. He sets the tone physically but he's slow and misses most of his hits. He might be useful for some games but mostly he's really just there to potentially protect teammates if needed. Certainly not a player you want to use in a StanleyCup or Conference final. Of course you could do it but with Watson, HarryZ and Salomaki all playing similar roles he to me is just the one that shouldn't play. He showed well so far but if you're trailing and want to tie a game by rolling all four lines and putting pressure on the opposing team, he's the one that's gonna be in your way because there's no way he's gonna be able to keep up.

I don't care who deserves (who decides that anyway) to play or not. The best players should be on the ice.
Yeah, Salomaki hardly played this season but that's a reason to play him, not to bench him. It's a good reason to get him going. If he's at his best, he's the most effective hitter on the team. He's one of those guys they need to get going if they belive that they can go all the way.

Old
05-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
I've seen more than a few Blues fans and neutral observers talk about how much more physical we've been, and the toll it's already taking on the Blues. I would not relegate McLeod's contributions to "a fighter in a series without fights." He will finish every check, be a pain in the ass on the forecheck and drive the net every chance he gets. I think Salo should be used as a fill-in for injuries, but otherwise wait til next year, he 's just not up to speed right now.

Sissons has been really impressive this postseason, I hope we get to see him back with Smith and Aberg at some point. I think they would be killing it again this series.
So if Salomaki isn't up to speed then what is McLeod?
He's also not much of a pain as he misses most of the checks he's trying to finish. He almost never gets to forecheck, so most of his hits are weak ones in his own end. I'm no fan of Watson but he's been way more effective as a hitter just because he's not quite as slow as McLeod who's painfully slow and predictable. If you see him coming you still have time to make a call and book a taxi to get you out of the way. Sorry to destroy your illusions but I highly doubt any St.Louis player fears McLeod. In fact, because he's so slow, some of Blues hit him pretty hard in way I haven't seen him hit any of them. I remember Brodziak and Bortuzzo each got him pretty good this series.

Old
05-02-2017, 07:38 PM
wadesworld

114 row L seat 14 if anyone nearby wants to say hey.

Old
05-02-2017, 07:46 PM
belle

Breath breath 1hour 15 minutes. What happens if Ottawa mounts an improbable comeback?

Old
05-02-2017, 07:55 PM
FossilFndr

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle View Post
Breath breath 1hour 15 minutes. What happens if Ottawa mounts an improbable comeback?
Then Vesey is one game closer to the first tee.

Old
05-02-2017, 07:59 PM
JamestheSame

Go Preds!

Old
05-02-2017, 08:05 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Congratulations! ! If your little one isn't too temperamental you can bring them the first 6 months with no problem..invest in a good harness/sling and a ltitle set of ear protectors. The baby is free until age 2, then you'll have to get a ticket, which sucks, but honestly the second season when he/she is walking will be challenging even if admission is free.

05-02-2017, 08:14 PM
Nitrous Mafia

C'mon Preds! Do it for Col. Bruce!

Old
05-02-2017, 08:17 PM
klt2001

Just win Preds; put the foot to the pedal and don't look back/don't let the Blues back into this series.

Old
05-02-2017, 08:29 PM
predwings

Just weather the storm and come out the other side with goals.

Old
05-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Our guys looked lose, relaxed and having fun during warm-up's. Not so much on the blues side. They were either tight or business like. Not sure.

Regardless, I think our boys are ready.

Old
05-02-2017, 08:35 PM
belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FossilFndr View Post
Then Vesey is one game closer to the first tee.
My question was more about TV viewing but it is moot. The Ottawa Ranger game is down to less than 2 minutes with 10 minutes to our game time.

Old
05-02-2017, 08:37 PM
belle

An aside rant. I have this new IPAD. The dictionary in this thing must be Disney 1st grade level.

Old
05-02-2017, 08:40 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Feed just came alive. lets ****in go.

Old
05-02-2017, 08:43 PM
Nitrous Mafia

holy **** the lights/crowd looks ****ing awesome.

and VINCE singing the anthem!

Old
05-02-2017, 08:45 PM
Preds Partisan
Gunga galunga

Ryder Cup in the house.

Old
05-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Scoresberg
No more Willy :(

The Blues are coming full force. Gotta answer here.

Closed Thread