HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Shea Weber - Offseason Edition *mod warning post 1 and 376, 445*

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2017, 11:56 PM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toene View Post
Lernout is younger and more cost-controlled, Id take him over the geriatric Weber and his fat contract. ...

(sarcasm.jpg)
Hah. He is what he is though isn't he.

Old
05-03-2017, 04:05 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRun View Post
He won the Norris after 15 games, you can't ask for more.

Old
05-03-2017, 04:35 AM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

Incredible coincidence though that the first year the guy is traded....Nashville looks like to improve their playoff record. And might finally have a real chance at the Cup. How's that possible though? I don't know...maybe that leadership and CHARAKTER parts are being.....I don't know...OVEREXAGGERATED!!!!! No ****....

How do you trade the leader of all leaders, get the **** disturbers of all **** disturbers and might end up with a Cup. It can't be.

The clown isn't in Nashville. The clown is wearing the suit and has a new 5-year contract incoming to ****ed up this franchise real good.

Old
05-03-2017, 06:03 AM
WhiskeySeven
Expect the expected

Shea Weber: the only guy who can utterly screw over his team, try to bankrupt his franchise, never achieve anything in the NHL... and still be praised for his leadership. Despite his former team being on the verge of going further in the playoffs than when he was ever on it.

Classic. What a legend! There is literally no difference between him and Pronger or even Larry Robinson.

Hell - did you hear? His mere stare can can shake the fear of bankruptcy into an NHL financier.

It's a shame JT Miller's face wasn't an offer sheet, maybe Weber would've excelled and broken records in the playoffs. For once.

Old
05-03-2017, 06:29 AM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Do you guys think Lernout is ready to take over for him next season?
This has got to be a troll job......impossible you actually think this.

Old
05-03-2017, 06:58 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Shea Weber: the only guy who can utterly screw over his team, try to bankrupt his franchise, never achieve anything in the NHL... and still be praised for his leadership. Despite his former team being on the verge of going further in the playoffs than when he was ever on it.

Classic. What a legend! There is literally no difference between him and Pronger or even Larry Robinson.

Hell - did you hear? His mere stare can can shake the fear of bankruptcy into an NHL financier.

It's a shame JT Miller's face wasn't an offer sheet, maybe Weber would've excelled and broken records in the playoffs. For once.
This is some of your better work, Whiskey.

Old
05-03-2017, 07:25 AM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:

I'm sure you'd reject a 110m$ contract

Btw, the offersheet was constructed by Philadelphia, not Weber....come on man!! And of course he accepted it......it's 110MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
05-03-2017, 08:05 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffy27 View Post
This has got to be a troll job......impossible you actually think this.
Actually just a bit of an inside joke
I really like Weber.

Old
05-03-2017, 08:21 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffy27 View Post
I'm sure you'd reject a 110m$ contract

Btw, the offersheet was constructed by Philadelphia, not Weber....come on man!! And of course he accepted it......it's 110MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't bother. Apparently if you're a leader you should accept league minimum so your fat and rich boss can have more money.

Apparently if Whiskey was offered a raise at work, he would say "no, I think you should use that money to buy all new computers for everyone because sharing is caring"

Old
05-03-2017, 08:28 AM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Don't bother. Apparently if you're a leader you should accept league minimum so your fat and rich boss can have more money.

Apparently if Whiskey was offered a raise at work, he would say "no, I think you should use that money to buy all new computers for everyone because sharing is caring"
Maybe you've been away for a while, but the one that brought up the ridiculous notion of "leaders that like to play for their team take a discount" and whatnot wasn't meant at Weber at first.

It's only funny how the argument that was specifically designed as a shot at Subban backfired on Weber. And Toews, Kane, Ovechkin, Doughty, Benn, and on and on...

It's not really a question worth pondering over to begin with.

Old
05-03-2017, 08:38 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I don't know what's harder, finding a #1C or finding a top PMD to play 20-25 mins a night next to Weber.

It doesn't even need to be a #1 or #2 defenseman... just someone who isn't 38 years old, or a bottom pairing guy.

If Petry could play on the left side, I think that would work.

Old
05-03-2017, 09:15 AM
WhiskeySeven
Expect the expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Maybe you've been away for a while, but the one that brought up the ridiculous notion of "leaders that like to play for their team take a discount" and whatnot wasn't meant at Weber at first.

It's only funny how the argument that was specifically designed as a shot at Subban backfired on Weber. And Toews, Kane, Ovechkin, Doughty, Benn, and on and on...

It's not really a question worth pondering over to begin with.
Yup.

I've consistently been pro-players getting paid. Consistently pro-union. Consistently pro-Show Me The Money.

But I can't abide the double standard when it comes to Weber. Many players are called bad leaders and selfish and after their own brand when they hit the payday, but Weber conspired and signed that heinous offersheet and all he got from this insipid fanbase after the trade was praise and respect for what a consumate professional he's meant to be.

My. Ass.

Stop hyping the guy and then maybe we can see his virtues in the right light.

Old
05-03-2017, 09:18 AM
Deebs
Heartland

Quote:
Yup.

I've consistently been pro-players getting paid. Consistently pro-union. Consistently pro-Show Me The Money.

But I can't abide the double standard when it comes to Weber. Many players are called bad leaders and selfish and after their own brand when they hit the payday, but Weber conspired and signed that heinous offersheet and all he got from this insipid fanbase after the trade was praise and respect for what a consumate professional he's meant to be.

My. Ass.

Stop hyping the guy and then maybe we can see his virtues in the right light.
Even you have to be getting tired of posting the same BS day in and day out

Old
05-03-2017, 09:20 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebs View Post
I personally think he's one of the funniest posters here.

Old
05-03-2017, 09:22 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I personally think he's one of the funniest posters here.
I used to get so irritated with W7s posts but once you know where he's coming from hes pretty funny.

Old
05-03-2017, 09:26 AM
Habaholicgolfer
Loyal Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
With guaranteed money he won't retire, just LTIR. Look at Pronger.

I don't care about Nashville so wtv happens happens. To them getting a cap penalty is a discount on salaries.

We talk about win now for us but the pressure is also on in Nashville.

They need to win a cup before Subban's contract ends or hope Weber doesn't retire. If he does it will be a disaster for them to keep their star talent.
When the Trade happened and I first leaned about the Cap Hit going towards the Preds if Weber retired early, I wondered if there was a deal in place between the teams that if Weber actually did retire early, he would be traded back to the Preds so they can put him on LTIR. It does seem risky for the Preds to make that trade and not have a plan in place for the last 2 or 3 years of Weber's contract where it's designed for him to retire early.

A $12M or $24M cap hit would cripple them for 1 or 2 years! Maybe by then, it's a rebuild time for them anyways?

Old
05-03-2017, 09:38 AM
VladTheLimpWhaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
I used to get so irritated with W7s posts but once you know where he's coming from hes pretty funny.
dat avatar tho

Anyway, I was impressed with what Weber showed this playoffs. If only the team had a few more decent forwards and a couple less patio furniture salesmen, they would be at least somewhat of a contender. People try to stay positive and say that if you take away the empty netters, the score in the Rangers series was 12-11, but you can't tell me they would have easily beaten Ottawa and Pittsburgh if they got through the first round. Not nearly enough scoring depth.

There are a few issues with this team, but Weber is not one of them.

Old
05-03-2017, 09:40 AM
E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebs View Post
Absolutely not BS lmao. He's just showing the hypocrisy when it comes to other players. Like he said, he's pro players making money but one is conceived as selfish and the other a leader with Character.

Old
05-03-2017, 09:43 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsGorgeous View Post
When the Trade happened and I first leaned about the Cap Hit going towards the Preds if Weber retired early, I wondered if there was a deal in place between the teams that if Weber actually did retire early, he would be traded back to the Preds so they can put him on LTIR. It does seem risky for the Preds to make that trade and not have a plan in place for the last 2 or 3 years of Weber's contract where it's designed for him to retire early.

A $12M or $24M cap hit would cripple them for 1 or 2 years! Maybe by then, it's a rebuild time for them anyways?
A third party doctor (as in, not a team doctor) would have to agree that he's too injured to play to go on LTIR if I'm not mistaken. You can't just put someone there to bury their contract if they aren't hurt/

Old
05-03-2017, 09:56 AM
LyricalLyricist
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82 View Post
Absolutely not BS lmao. He's just showing the hypocrisy when it comes to other players. Like he said, he's pro players making money but one is conceived as selfish and the other a leader with Character.
It's a shame that post quality get reduced because of people bickering.

Neither are selfish. Greedy? Sure but I would be too.

I dream of winning lottery and never did I imagine sharing millions. When I do it sounds like a nightmare more than a dream lol

So wtv, I wish people spoke about other things rather than this stuff.

Even stuff like the "PK brand", who cares? Stuff like MB having a beard this week! The horror.

I worry about what they contribute. They'll sign biggest offer they get, they're human. Blame the GM, not the player.

Old
05-03-2017, 09:57 AM
LyricalLyricist
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
A third party doctor (as in, not a team doctor) would have to agree that he's too injured to play to go on LTIR if I'm not mistaken. You can't just put someone there to bury their contract if they aren't hurt/
You fix cap circumvention by circumventing the cap!

Old
05-03-2017, 09:58 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
I love that people seem to think you can put players on LTIR for general wear and tear and the league's just going to be ok with it.

Old
05-03-2017, 10:00 AM
Habaholicgolfer
Loyal Habs Fan

Quote:
Lupul shows up out of shape this year for the leafs then it's announced he will not play for the the Leafs this year shortly after because of a sports hernia. There are ways to work around "rules"

Old
05-03-2017, 10:19 AM
Rockomax

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
Yes, its Weber's fault we didn't beat the rangers... The offense did all they could but old man Weber really let em down.
Not the point though. He was acquired to win NOW. We most certainly did not, did we?

Old
05-03-2017, 10:20 AM
Tighthead

Because the NHL seems to make things up in the fly, I think they will find a way to forgive the hit to Nashville. Somehow they will change the rules. The original purpose of the hit was in part because of Brian Burke's hatred of Mike Gillis and the Luongo contract. I don't think the league wants to hamstring Nashville. Heck, look at what happened with Mike Richards in LA. Lombardi got off the hook.

As for Weber, good player no doubt. I was surprised by his puck movement on the PP. I thought he did a good job there. I expected more physical play out of him.

It's not his fault but the expectation that one player will prevent your goalie from getting run is just flawed. Hossa ran Price in the World Cup. Nash went to the crease hard without a second thought. It happens all around the league. It's one thing for fans to expect this but NHL personnel should realize it's not how it works. Lucic was on the ice when Savard got hit by Cooke.

Weber's shot is fun on the PP - huge anticipation factor. Much like last season, I think the PP would get more good looks from Subban/Weber if that wasn't the primary objective. Teams expect it and D it up. Quick puck movement seems to get the defenders moving and create more space from the point. Whatever Nashville is doing seems to work for letting the D tee it up.

Closed Thread