HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Shea Weber - Offseason Edition *mod warning post 1 and 376, 445*

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2017, 01:48 PM
SAKS AVENUE

vCash: 500
Ya, I wish we didn't let weber go too. Geez he's possibly on his way to a WCF appearance. Screw you MB

Old
05-03-2017, 01:51 PM
Adam Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Del Zotto should be available for cheap. Ghost Bear too. There's a few others I spotted over the fantasy season too.

I really want to sign Sam Gagner and Michael del Zotto on BargainBin-esque deals.
I would like Ghost here. He's been one of the few young puck moving left defensemen I have hoped Habs can get.

Having a Ghost and a Casperetty in the same team?

Old
05-03-2017, 01:56 PM
WhiskeySeven
Expect the expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
They should fit right in in the village with the rest of the smurfs.
We never necessarily had a smurf issue (though I've always wanted bigger, tougher players) - our issue was that our core players were smurfs.

Now with Shea '10 less points every season' Weber and Jordie Benn and a few other bigger bodies with don't really have that problem as much as we lack talent.

Ghost, Zotto, Gagner and other productive but peripheral players would help with keeping the puck in the opposing end and with making plays.

Lord knows Weber can't make plays, he can only make accountants rip their hairs out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Michaels View Post
I would like Ghost here. He's been one of the few young puck moving left defensemen I have hoped Habs can get.

Having a Ghost and a Casperetty in the same team?
Add in Yeti Weber, Caveman BargainBin and Sasquatch Benn, and we have a full on Scooby Doo Halloween Special. Spooktacular!

Old
05-03-2017, 03:20 PM
DangerDave
Leptit prince et moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockomax View Post
Not the point though. He was acquired to win NOW. We most certainly did not, did we?
He was one of our few good players. Regardless of who we have on the back end, we aren't gonna win with Danault centering the first line. I don't think its fair to attack the player in this instance.

Old
05-03-2017, 06:23 PM
Deluded Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
He was one of our few good players. Regardless of who we have on the back end, we aren't gonna win with Danault centering the first line. I don't think its fair to attack the player in this instance.

The same line of thinking that caused MB to swap no.1 D is the same thinking behind Danault as the no.1 C though.

The Philosophy at this club is outdated.

Old
05-03-2017, 06:25 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluded Puck View Post
The same line of thinking that caused MB to swap no.1 D is the same thinking behind Danault as the no.1 C though.

If Rob Zamuner would still be playing, Bergevin would probably trade Galchenyuk and Beaulieu for him.

Old
05-03-2017, 06:35 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
And that's why the trade was ridiculous. The habs didn't get better or worse, they made a trade to stay in the same spot. It's about as lateral a move one could make in a short term window, at best.

They were so many other issues with the club. The Weber-Subban trade solved none of them.

Adding toughness didn't change the fact that the real problem with the Habs has been scoring. It was just pure distraction from the real issues which are still there. In fact, one could argue that moving Subban may have even hurt the offense come playoff time considering his performance during that part of the season and his superior ability over Weber to generate offense from the backend.
But come on Andy Weber scored 17 goals to Subbans 10. You see, he scored more thus helping the scoring of the team.

Wait how does that sarcasm thing work?

Old
05-03-2017, 06:40 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluded Puck View Post

Uh, dreams of Galchenyuk being a #1C were still very much alive in September/October... The guy who moved Danault up is no longer on the bench. The guy currently on the bench ended up, predictably yet unfortunately, leaning on Plekanec more than all the rest of them (centres) when it mattered. All MB did was make a pretty decent move (in and of itself) to add Danault to what "should" have been depth behind Galchenyuk coming into '16/17.

Old
05-03-2017, 11:07 PM
FormerLurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank drebin View Post
do you guys think lernout is ready to take over for him next season?
wtf?

Old
05-03-2017, 11:15 PM
FormerLurker

Quote:
This Weber trade is a looming disaster. Like the sword of damocles it will swing above and over us.

Old
05-03-2017, 11:17 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post
wtf?
tbh by some of the opinions of Weber you read on here, that seem like a valid question.

I think he's just fine. I miss PK, but Weber is what this team needed, in addition to 10 other things, but at the expense of Subban's style of play (which I love too), I'm ok with it.

We should be concentrating much more on what's happening up front. Obviously.

Old
05-04-2017, 02:11 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
tbh by some of the opinions of Weber you read on here, that seem like a valid question.

I think he's just fine. I miss PK, but Weber is what this team needed, in addition to 10 other things, but at the expense of Subban's style of play (which I love too), I'm ok with it.

This was already such a ridiculous thing to say the moment of the trade, I don't get how anybody would continue to sing this tune after this season.
Weber was supposed to bring in more steadiness and leadership that would prevent us from collapsing again, well, not the case. Actually, so much far from being the case that we had to fire the coach, something that should have been done last year.
On top of that, he was going to help Pacioretty be a better leader. Right. People are calling him Casperetty as he disappears in the POs and probably had his worst one to date. Habs early exit from POs yet again.

But ya, Weber is totally what we needed....

This was an incredibly stupid trade to do. Let's admit it and move on.

Old
05-04-2017, 02:54 AM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
If Rob Zamuner would still be playing, Bergevin would probably trade Galchenyuk and Beaulieu for him.
Omg...you are the Rick Moffat of posters......this makes absolutely no sense.

Old
05-04-2017, 03:32 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffy27 View Post
Omg...you are the Rick Moffat of posters......this makes absolutely no sense.
Have you listened to Bergevin recently? He makes no sense at all either.

Old
05-04-2017, 04:45 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
This was already such a ridiculous thing to say the moment of the trade, I don't get how anybody would continue to sing this tune after this season.
Weber was supposed to bring in more steadiness and leadership that would prevent us from collapsing again, well, not the case. Actually, so much far from being the case that we had to fire the coach, something that should have been done last year.
On top of that, he was going to help Pacioretty be a better leader. Right. People are calling him Casperetty as he disappears in the POs and probably had his worst one to date. Habs early exit from POs yet again.

But ya, Weber is totally what we needed....

This was an incredibly stupid trade to do. Let's admit it and move on.

It was very dumb and people try to regurgitate the crap the team and media said. Seems like the team needs PK too. Habs made a lateral trade they didn't need to make and addressed nothing while getting 4 years older and going in an opposite direction that the league is going.

Weber added PP goals. This is why you don't trade skill for intangibles.

Old
05-04-2017, 05:26 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
It was very dumb and people try to regurgitate the crap the team and media said. Seems like the team needs PK too. Habs made a lateral trade they didn't need to make and addressed nothing while getting 4 years older and going in an opposite direction that the league is going.

Weber added PP goals. This is why you don't trade skill for intangibles.
These intangibles aren't even real. People put way too much stock on leadership. I mean, we heard how he just looks at players and make them play better. If only that were true....pretty sure Nashville would have had a few cups by now.

Old
05-04-2017, 05:40 AM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post

The thing is Weber brought exactly what most expected of him but it wasn't enough not by a long shot.
It should be clear to those who didn't already know this Subban was not the problem with this team.
Any mojo we did have over the past three seasons resonated around and because of him.
Two veteran forwards in particular were are and will be the problem with this team going forward.
Some see it must don't but it is a fact.

Old
05-04-2017, 07:10 AM
WhiskeySeven
Expect the expected

Impressively amusing how Weber did what we all expected of him and it was far short of what this team needed.

But yeah, he was EXACTLY what we needed.

Old
05-04-2017, 07:27 AM
WeThreeKings
#1 Centre

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Impressively amusing how Weber did what we all expected of him and it was far short of what this team needed.

Sheamful and Shawful, what an off season by BargainBin

Old
05-04-2017, 07:31 AM
WhiskeySeven
Expect the expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Sheamful and Shawful, what an off season by BargainBin
Relative to his trade price and his contract, Shea Weber might be the single worst asset in the NHL.

Good player, horrible trade, massively overpaid contract.

At least Wade Redden (who made it deeper in the playoffs than ol Shea) was a free agent. We traded one of the most valuable assets in the league for Shea. Gross.

Old
05-04-2017, 07:35 AM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:

It's not like the other guy brought us to anything with prime Paccioretty, Plekanec and Price playing like god. As a matter of fact, we crumbled under his "leadership", rah, rah, rah mentality.

Old
05-04-2017, 07:37 AM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:
Relative to his trade price and his contract, Shea Weber might be the single worst asset in the NHL.

Good player, horrible trade, massively overpaid contract.

At least Wade Redden (who made it deeper in the playoffs than ol Shea) was a free agent. We traded one of the most valuable assets in the league for Shea. Gross.
Wade Redden made it deeper in the playoffs then the entire Nashville D core.....does this make him better?

Last edited by jaffy27: 05-04-2017 at 07:51 AM.
Old
05-04-2017, 07:38 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffy27 View Post
It's not like the other guy brought us to anything with prime Paccioretty, Plekanec and Price playing like god. As a matter of fact, we crumbled under his "leadership", rah, rah, rah mentality.
think we'll make at least one ECF appearance with Weber as #1 D ?

Old
05-04-2017, 07:53 AM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
think we'll make at least one ECF appearance with Weber as #1 D ?
Yes, but if we don't, it won't be on his account. Bergevin needs to shore up that centre core or we'll keep seeing what we saw this year.

When your two best offensive threats put up ZERO goals, it don't matter who's on your D

Old
05-04-2017, 07:53 AM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
But come on Andy Weber scored 17 goals to Subbans 10. You see, he scored more thus helping the scoring of the team.

Wait how does that sarcasm thing work?
Who's Andy Weber? Haven't seen him play but he sounds good.
😂

Closed Thread