HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Canadiens at the Olympics Thread (ALL TALK HERE)

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Malakhov

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
We could do like New York did with Jagr and trade for/sign a bunch of finnish players. We could start with Dallas, they have a bunch already.

Old
02-25-2006, 04:05 PM
MissCanuck

Czechs shutout Russia for the Bronze... was hoping for a more entertaining game but oh well. And that Russian goal shoulda counted.

Old
02-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Kovalev was invisible, he didn't even show up. He kept floating all game long.

Old
02-25-2006, 04:17 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Russia has never ever wanted something else then the gold medal and never will

Old
02-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Clumsyhab

Kovalev was so bad. He started good at the Olympics but then was so useless. He always makes some pee-wee moves before losing the puck or create off-sides. Didn't play like a captain at all. Markov was ok, I thought that he could be better, but he was still the best D for the Russian. Bulis played good in his role for the Czech. He actually blocked a shot by diving on the ice Good luck for Koivu tomorrow. I hope to see at least a good game because this tournament has not been as good as I expected.

Old
02-25-2006, 04:24 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

How can you not have a good game when Sweden and Finland are going to play for the Gold???

Old
02-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50
How can you not have a good game when Sweden and Finland are going to play for the Gold???
2 teams playing the trap? Can be fun, can be boring as hell too..

Old
02-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Link

Last line says that new IOC members would be introduced during the closing ceremony of the games but Saku wasn't on the stage for that part. Didn't see all the ceremony so I dont know if he was there but might he have already been on the plane back for the NHL season resuming? Would have been nice to see Saku get applauded by that large crowd, he deserved it for his play at the games and his success in joining the athletes commission.

Well done to all our boys at the Olympics. Before any posters decides to criticise anyone of them for any reason, please remember, it was a tight schedule and they must have done something right to be selected to represent their countries in front of the world. It'll be nice to see them back in Habs jerseys soon. Hopefully, once any tiredness from the tournament is overcome, they can use this experience to help push the team into the playoffs. Once again, congratulations to all of them

Old
02-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave
Link

Last line says that new IOC members would be introduced during the closing ceremony of the games but Saku wasn't on the stage for that part. Didn't see all the ceremony so I dont know if he was there but might he have already been on the plane back for the NHL season resuming? Would have been nice to see Saku get applauded by that large crowd, he deserved it for his play at the games and his success in joining the athletes commission.

Well done to all our boys at the Olympics. Before any posters decides to criticise anyone of them for any reason, please remember, it was a tight schedule and they must have done something right to be selected to represent their countries in front of the world. It'll be nice to see them back in Habs jerseys soon. Hopefully, once any tiredness from the tournament is overcome, they can use this experience to help push the team into the playoffs. Once again, congratulations to all of them
He wasn't there at all 'cause if he was he would've been presented.

Nothing bad to say against anyone but I'm really questionning the effect that it will have on Kovy, Markov and Koivu. For me it's the worst case scenario that happened, no medals for Russia after beating Canada with two sub-par performances and no gold for Saks, big disappointment for him......Plus Bulis and Zednik were non-factors on their respective teams, let's just say that we do not come on top compared of the big boost it could give Toronto with Sundin, Rangers with Lundvist or pratically the whole Detroit team with their Sweden Red Wings.....

Just afraid of the consequences but again we should not forget Saks and Kovy's leadership kicking in when it will be the time to do so.

Old
02-27-2006, 09:52 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
He wasn't there at all 'cause if he was he would've been presented.

Nothing bad to say against anyone but I'm really questionning the effect that it will have on Kovy, Markov and Koivu. For me it's the worst case scenario that happened, no medals for Russia after beating Canada with two sub-par performances and no gold for Saks, big disappointment for him......Plus Bulis and Zednik were non-factors on their respective teams, let's just say that we do not come on top compared of the big boost it could give Toronto with Sundin, Rangers with Lundvist or pratically the whole Detroit team with their Sweden Red Wings.....

Just afraid of the consequences but again we should not forget Saks and Kovy's leadership kicking in when it will be the time to do so.
It is difficult to say just how the Olympic tournament will affect our players, but even though the relative lack of success (against the success that was within reach) of some of our boys may deflate them, it may also fire them up and make them even more determined to find some success through the course of the season. Time will tell on that one, all we can do now is hope that it will have a positive effect in the long run. Might be interesting if in the final weeks of the season, last playoff spot is up for grabs between Leafs captained by Sundin and Habs captained by Saku, I can see Saku going into overdrive to make sure he gets the better of Mats and his team the 2nd time round. And if The Commander is rounding into his playoff form at that time, should be a treat to watch

Old
02-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave
Might be interesting if in the final weeks of the season, last playoff spot is up for grabs between Leafs captained by Sundin and Habs captained by Saku, I can see Saku going into overdrive to make sure he gets the better of Mats and his team the 2nd time round. And if The Commander is rounding into his playoff form at that time, should be a treat to watch
Very good point!

I didn't see that one.....Go Saks Go!!!!!!

Closed Thread