Jussi Jokinen

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2006, 03:48 PM
veronesepk

vCash: 500
Jussi Jokinen

Hey guys,
I'm usually on the preds board, but I just wanted to tell you guys that I love Jussi Jokinen. You guys have an amazing talent there- let us know if you ever want to trade him .

Old
02-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by veronesepk
Hey guys,
I'm usually on the preds board, but I just wanted to tell you guys that I love Jussi Jokinen. You guys have an amazing talent there- let us know if you ever want to trade him .
I think its up to Stars management, the GM, if they want to trade him not the posters on hf.

Granted I like Jokinen a lot too, anyone know if he'll continue his play on the top 2 lines next year?

Old
02-16-2006, 04:18 AM
BADger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss
I think its up to Stars management, the GM, if they want to trade him not the posters on hf.

Granted I like Jokinen a lot too, anyone know if he'll continue his play on the top 2 lines next year?
well if the Stars wont play him in top 2 lines he should get traded, after this season i think everyone will understand his value... Naturally he aint a superstar, but has the potential for 50-60 points easily... but i guess Tippet understands this as well so: No trade needed especially when it goes to shootouts... JJ

Old
02-16-2006, 09:12 AM
Starsdude

He is not in great favor as far as 5 on 5 play. He often gets 3-4 minutes less than Lets or Modano there with Ott or morrow taking the occasional extra shift. I do like him but he could shoot more. He will have to be on a scoring line or he has little value. I think alot depends on whether Arnott is resigned and how erikkson develops. erikson is big and fits what the stars usally do as far as LWs. He seems more playmaker than scorer so center is a possibility but he has been poor on faceoffs and avoids traffic too much to be a center. He likely will stay on the top lines next year due to the uncertainty around Arnott(FA) and Guerin (sucks) but I do fear that he is about like Huselius was in FL and may wear out his welcome a bit unless he toughens up

Old
02-16-2006, 10:12 AM
SJPuckPlayer

9 pts in his last 11 games. Not a bad couple weeks hes got goin for himself.

Old
02-16-2006, 11:37 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
One grows pretty frustrated how his high skill goes against how little he shoots now in the olympics >_< he had four clear-cut chances where he passed instead of shooting today against Italy....

Old
02-16-2006, 11:46 AM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp
One grows pretty frustrated how his high skill goes against how little he shoots now in the olympics >_< he had four clear-cut chances where he passed instead of shooting today against Italy....
Its been the same thing with the Stars. He'll pass up pretty good scoring chances in favor of forcing an extremely difficult pass that rarely, if ever, works. Thats the main thing he needs to work on. Shoot the puck more.

-Vagrant
Old
02-16-2006, 12:03 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
He scored today I believe. I hadn't even realized he was in the Olympics..very cool

Old
02-19-2006, 02:10 AM
Joretus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
Its been the same thing with the Stars. He'll pass up pretty good scoring chances in favor of forcing an extremely difficult pass that rarely, if ever, works. Thats the main thing he needs to work on. Shoot the puck more.
I have seen it working, but generally it's main problem of muost of finnish players. And even more with those who have skills to hold puck and make the plays. They shoot way too rarely. I think season or two will help him out to sort it out.

Old
03-10-2006, 11:52 AM
-Mercury-

Juicy 9 for 9 in the shootout.

When Jussi made his 2nd move vs. Thomas, he told that Tim knew his move.
http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php...448004e8dc8caa XviD, 6th feb 2005 Kärpät-Jokerit
as you can see, sure he knew that, they have also played in the same team (2001-2002).

Jussi hasn't always been perfect in shootouts.

Last edited by -Mercury-: 03-11-2006 at 06:17 AM.
Closed Thread