HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RE-signing Neal, Arvy, Joey

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2017, 01:42 PM
  #1
TitansVolsPreds615
Registered User
 
TitansVolsPreds615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 888
vCash: 500
RE-signing Neal, Arvy, Joey

Can we afford to re-sign all 3 this offseason? I'm thinking 4-5 year deal for joey, 3 for Neal and maybe a 2-3 year bridge deal for Viktor.

TitansVolsPreds615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2017, 01:51 PM
  #2
Mustard
Registered User
 
Mustard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 336
vCash: 788
We can certainly afford it. I think we'll have to wait til after expansion draft before we see any official deals done, though.

Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2017, 01:54 PM
  #3
Armourboy
Registered User
 
Armourboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Posts: 3,979
vCash: 500
Arvy probably gets more money but it's still probably a prove it kind of deal.

Johansen and Neal are the big ones and I think we can manage it as long as they both don't want top dollar.

Tbh Neal is in a bad spot for negotiating something long term. At least if I'm Poile I basically offer him a fair deal and then basically let him know if he doesn't take it he is headed to Vegas. It's generally not a Poile thing to do, but there is no reason to lose a guy like Jarnkrok and overpay for Neal.

Johansen probably gets whst he wants tbh.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2017, 02:03 PM
  #4
Mortiest Morty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 826
vCash: 500
They can easily sign them all. Ribeiro's 3.5 off the books will cover Johansen's raise. Arvidsson most likely gets a short bridge deal and Neal already makes 5 million, he'll get more than that, but he won't get a massive raise.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2017, 02:09 PM
  #5
nomorekids
The original, baby
 
nomorekids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 33,067
vCash: 500
Have to think that if Fisher returns, it's at a paycut as well from the current 4 million.

Neal isn't UFA until next summer, I imagine they'll wait and see if he has a healthy\rebound year next season. I imagine the Predators will try to get Arvy to agree to a 6-7 year deal a la Forsberg...even if it means paying a little more than they would like, just to try to control his cost in the event he has another season like this past one. Maybe 6 years, 4.5-5 million per.

Joey -- is going to get paid. Would guess 7 years, 7 M per.

__________________
nomorekids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2017, 02:15 PM
  #6
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 9,164
vCash: 344
Fisher - 1 year deals until he wants to retire, 2-2.5 million
Arvy - 6 years, 5.25
Joey - 6 years, 7-7.5 mil
Neal - Doesn't re-sign or signs maybe 3 years/4 mil. I think someone will overpay for him.


Last edited by Drake744: 05-04-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2017, 02:22 PM
  #7
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 12,648
vCash: 500
Neal still has another year left on his deal, so we're good there. Not interested in extending him early.

Johansen - easily $7M+. Would not surprise me to see this go to arbitration. Both parties have a history of playing hardball. No reason not to give him 7-8 years.

Arvy - this is a tough one. I'd rather lock him up now, but I could see an argument for bridge deal. How much money does 1 big year get you? I'll guess 6 x $5M

The other big one is Fisher. He got a small raise last contract extension two years ago, but I'd have a hard time justifying another one. His ice time and production are down. Hoping he takes a pay cut to like $3.5, but probably re-signs for same amount, $4.4.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2017, 02:35 PM
  #8
TitansVolsPreds615
Registered User
 
TitansVolsPreds615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 888
vCash: 500
Just to play devil's advocate to the bridge deal for Arvy, we could have signed Krok, Ellis, Josi, Ekholm to bridge deals and if we had I really doubt we'd be able to afford them right now. We gambled and got them for term at what are proving to be bargain deals. The rest of our Top 4 combined makes an amount comparable to what Subban makes on his own.

TitansVolsPreds615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2017, 03:09 PM
  #9
Mortiest Morty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 826
vCash: 500
Ellis isn't a great example, he's going to be UFA at 28 sadly, which means the Preds only bought 1 UFA year. A 2 year bridge followed by a long term deal would have been vastly preferable for Ellis in hindsight. But can't complain about the great cap hit for the next couple of years.

Jarnkrok was already 25, so a bridge contract wasn't really an option. Plus, he wasn't going to make a ton more than 2 million per anyway. Ekholm and especially Josi were great signings though. They bought out 5 UFA years for Ekholm and 3 for Josi.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2017, 06:17 PM
  #10
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
Can we afford to re-sign all 3 this offseason? I'm thinking 4-5 year deal for joey, 3 for Neal and maybe a 2-3 year bridge deal for Viktor.
Easily, the Preds will have $17 million per capfriendly and that should be more than enough.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2017, 07:18 PM
  #11
bdub24
Formerly Section 212
 
bdub24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Laffy
Country: United States
Posts: 3,869
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
Just to play devil's advocate to the bridge deal for Arvy, we could have signed Krok, Ellis, Josi, Ekholm to bridge deals and if we had I really doubt we'd be able to afford them right now. We gambled and got them for term at what are proving to be bargain deals. The rest of our Top 4 combined makes an amount comparable to what Subban makes on his own.
Totally with you on his. Lock him up (in a good way).

bdub24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2017, 07:24 PM
  #12
GoldOnGold
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Hopefully Neal doesn't want too much term. I think we could definitely use him for a few more years.

GoldOnGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2017, 07:37 PM
  #13
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 9,164
vCash: 344
I know Neal still has a year left, I just hope he wants to come back after he doesn't

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2017, 07:54 PM
  #14
King Weber
Registered User
 
King Weber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,755
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Neal still has another year left on his deal, so we're good there. Not interested in extending him early.

Johansen - easily $7M+. Would not surprise me to see this go to arbitration. Both parties have a history of playing hardball. No reason not to give him 7-8 years.

Arvy - this is a tough one. I'd rather lock him up now, but I could see an argument for bridge deal. How much money does 1 big year get you? I'll guess 6 x $5M

The other big one is Fisher. He got a small raise last contract extension two years ago, but I'd have a hard time justifying another one. His ice time and production are down. Hoping he takes a pay cut to like $3.5, but probably re-signs for same amount, $4.4.
SportsNet did a piece on this off-seasons top RFA's and estimated Arvy's contract to be something like 4.2 million for 5/6 years.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/r...henyuk-sheary/

Also wrote about Johansen.

King Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2017, 09:26 AM
  #15
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I know Neal still has a year left, I just hope he wants to come back after he doesn't
I want to see that Neal's offensive productivity decline isn't permanent. There are plenty of examples of guys hitting decline at 30, and if he's gonna' get paid like a 30 goal scorer lets make sure he still is.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2017, 09:50 AM
  #16
GoldOnGold
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Quote:
I want to see that Neal's offensive productivity decline isn't permanent. There are plenty of examples of guys hitting decline at 30, and if he's gonna' get paid like a 30 goal scorer lets make sure he still is.
He was on pace for 40 before he got injured in Winnipeg. I think the offseason can bring him back to form.

GoldOnGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2017, 01:31 PM
  #17
Pred303
Registered User
 
Pred303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, Tn.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,068
vCash: 50
Neal's slowing goal pace is simple. Not having a great playmaking centerman on that line to get him the puck in high danger areas. His numbers dropped when he was taken off the Johansen line. Just think of all those goals he used to score just off Johansen's offensive zone faceoffs. And the next good playmaker we had was Ribeiro so that went away too.

Jarnkrok or Fisher are good players, but they just aren't playmakers that snipers need. We still need a really good 2nd line playmaking centerman to get the most out of Neal.

Pred303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2017, 01:48 PM
  #18
nomorekids
The original, baby
 
nomorekids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 33,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
Neal's slowing goal pace is simple. Not having a great playmaking centerman on that line to get him the puck in high danger areas. His numbers dropped when he was taken off the Johansen line. Just think of all those goals he used to score just off Johansen's offensive zone faceoffs. And the next good playmaker we had was Ribeiro so that went away too.

Jarnkrok or Fisher are good players, but they just aren't playmakers that snipers need. We still need a really good 2nd line playmaking centerman to get the most out of Neal.
This is the point I was coming to make. For better or worse, Ribeiro distributed the puck well. Second line center is the clear biggest need we have. Maybe we revisit the idea of trying to get Matt Duchene or Tyler Johnson this summer, but right now we're a one line team because Jarnkrok is playing above his station.

nomorekids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2017, 01:58 PM
  #19
tampa pred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Ribeiro being sent down really hurt Neal's production. While Ribs was awful at everything else, he was still one of the best passers in the league.

tampa pred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2017, 02:00 PM
  #20
HITMAN88
Registered User
 
HITMAN88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sandanski
Country: Bulgaria
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
Hey guys this may be too silly but I stared to think about it a few months ago - what if Nashville try to get Tavaras?!? The cap situatuion is uncertain at this point but if there is opportunity to get 1C like Jonathan go for it!

From what I know about Tavaras, Nashville would be a perfect place for him. He is a guy who doesn't like too much the cameras, the media and stuff like that. He will feel very comfortable in a place like Nashville. A young exiting team like Nashville with a playoff success in recent years.. If he is making the decision where to go I am sure tha Predators will be one of the teams on his short list

Guys tell me if I am delusional to think that?

HITMAN88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2017, 02:07 PM
  #21
Jonesey
Moderator
Dept. of Defense
 
Jonesey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 10,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMAN88 View Post
Hey guys this may be too silly but I stared to think about it a few months ago - what if Nashville try to get Tavaras?!? The cap situatuion is uncertain at this point but if there is opportunity to get 1C like Jonathan go for it!

From what I know about Tavaras, Nashville would be a perfect place for him. He is a guy who doesn't like too much the cameras, the media and stuff like that. He will feel very comfortable in a place like Nashville. A young exiting team like Nashville with a playoff success in recent years.. If he is making the decision where to go I am sure tha Predators will be one of the teams on his short list

Guys tell me if I am delusional to think that?
Every team should be interested but I don't think we can afford him.

__________________
Posted by: Live in the Now
I've grown soft.
Jonesey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2017, 05:27 PM
  #22
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 12,648
vCash: 500
Just by re-signing our guys we're gonna be like $3-4M from the cap ceiling. Doubt we see a big splash in free agency.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 11:19 PM
  #23
Mortiest Morty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Just by re-signing our guys we're gonna be like $3-4M from the cap ceiling. Doubt we see a big splash in free agency.
Probably around 3.5 or so with 13 forwards and 7 D. That's not factoring in losing Jarnkrok or Wilson though. So 5.5 to 7.5 with one forward spot that must replaced via trade or UFA.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2017, 06:04 PM
  #24
Flgatorguy87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Nasty
Posts: 1,398
vCash: 500
Somebody on this board has been telling me for years that we are in cap hell, so I gotta trust that source. Everything is going to blow up any minute now.......

.... any minute

Flgatorguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2017, 10:05 AM
  #25
Flgatorguy87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Nasty
Posts: 1,398
vCash: 500
How much money is Ryjo making himself in the playoffs?

Flgatorguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.