HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

RE-signing Neal, Arvy, Joey

Old
05-17-2017, 10:10 AM
Mortiest Morty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flgatorguy87 View Post
How much money is Ryjo making himself in the playoffs?
He was always going to get 7 million or so, so I don't think he's really increased his pay too much. Maybe he asks for 8 million, but that puts him up there with guys like Giroux, Stamkos, Getzlaf etc. and I don't think he's at that level. He should come in at 7.5 or less long term, in my opinion.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2017, 10:18 AM
TitansVolsPreds615

Quote:
How does one quantity a "truckload"?

TitansVolsPreds615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2017, 10:21 AM
Montross
Top 6 Bonino

My guess is Arvy is going to get a bridge-type deal.

Joey is going to get aound 8x8. He has all the leverage going for him and I don't think he will take less than that.

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2017, 10:28 AM
nomorekids
The original, baby

I think Johansen will get what he was always going to get -- 7 or 8 years for 6.5 to 7.5 million.

I think what the postseason has done has removed any doubt that he's worth it.

05-17-2017, 10:29 AM
Flgatorguy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I think what the postseason has done has removed any doubt that he's worth it.
Well said, and makes sense

Flgatorguy87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2017, 11:06 AM
King Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montross View Post
My guess is Arvy is going to get a bridge-type deal.

Joey is going to get aound 8x8. He has all the leverage going for him and I don't think he will take less than that.
Sounds about right, except to my knowledge we can't offer an 8 year deal since we didn't draft him, right?

And out of curiosity, anyone remember/know the last time Poile did a bridge deal? Was it Weber and Suter or more recent?

King Weber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2017, 11:11 AM
KurtAngle

Quote:
Back up the truck. He's getting paid big time.

I could be completely wrong, but I just get this feeling he is going to get paid and go back to good but not great Johansson. We almost have to pay him, especially after the trade, but I am kind of leery about him and hope I am wrong.

I think he's the must sign followed by Aarvidson. Be great to keep Neal, but he's the one I'd let go if it came down to it.

KurtAngle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2017, 12:40 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Somebody on this board has been telling me for years that we are in cap hell, so I gotta trust that source. Everything is going to blow up any minute now.......

.... any minute
If we lose Smith or Wilson to Vegas that's gonna help the cap immensely. One of them plus Ribs leaving opens up almost 8 million I think. The biggest thing saving us is all 4 defenseman have amother two years or more before they will need to be resigned.

If we had to keep smiith, wilson, and pay Joey, Arvidsson and give Fisher a new deal plus resign Neal the following season, it might have been dicey but expansion should save us

05-17-2017, 12:57 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
If we lose Smith or Wilson to Vegas that's gonna help the cap immensely. One of them plus Ribs leaving opens up almost 8 million I think. The biggest thing saving us is all 4 defenseman have amother two years or more before they will need to be resigned.

If we had to keep smiith, wilson, and pay Joey, Arvidsson and give Fisher a new deal plus resign Neal the following season, it might have been dicey but expansion should save us
If we lose Jarnkrok, Smith, or Wilson it gives us an extra 5.5-7.75M against the cap when you add in Ribeiro being gone.

We also are likely to lose

Fiddler (1.25M) and PA (1.25M)

But we also have to consider what will Fisher ask, currently he has a 4.4M cap hit, could get some savings there by 1M or so and a #6/7 defenseman. Currently between Weber and Hunt we have 1.175M tied up. We only need one of them.

So after looking at all of that, this year is no problem with our re-signings. This year with looking for a possible 2C + Next year with Neal is when we could start having issues depending on what the cap does.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2017, 01:21 PM
LeafingTheWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
Neal's slowing goal pace is simple. Not having a great playmaking centerman on that line to get him the puck in high danger areas. His numbers dropped when he was taken off the Johansen line. Just think of all those goals he used to score just off Johansen's offensive zone faceoffs. And the next good playmaker we had was Ribeiro so that went away too.

Jarnkrok or Fisher are good players, but they just aren't playmakers that snipers need. We still need a really good 2nd line playmaking centerman to get the most out of Neal.
I'm not a fan of Bozak at all but he may come as a good cheap solution. Great playmaking and on the draw, but below-average/not goos defensively and is reliant on his wingers to do the carry-in stuff.

I would think a Fiala - Bozak - Neal line would be great, where Fiala plays the Marner role as the carry-in puck mover guy, Neal the offensive weapon/sniper and Bozak the playmaking C.

Forsberg - Ryjo - Arvy
Fiala- Bozak - Neal
Jarnkrok - Fisher - Smith
Etc

Not exact but I like this lineup and Bozak would be very cheap to come by. Of course Duchene, Johnson, etc would be much better options. Bozak is like the last resort type of thing for the job.

LeafingTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2017, 01:43 PM
GoldOnGold

Yeah, we should be pretty good on cap.

Right now we have 3.57 in cap space.

Over the off-season we will lose Ribeiro (2.55), Parenteau (1.25), Fiddler (1.25), and Hunt (.6). On top of that, Fisher's contract will end (4.4), bringing us to 13.62 in cap space. Then you also have to factor in we'll lose a contract to Vegas, which will hopefully be Smith and his 4.25 hit. That brings us to 17.97 in space, which is more than enough to do everything we want and more.

Joey gets 7 X 7 or something, bringing us down to 14.97 in space.

Arvy gets 5 x 2 or something, bringing us down to 10.531 in space.

Then let's say Fisher gets 3.5 x 1, giving us 7.5 in space.

After that, the only people left to sign have much smaller likely cap hits. The only person we'll have to sign is Mazanec (to fulfill exposure requirements for the expansiond draft). Besides that, Aberg and Watson are up, and I think both should come back. Zolniercyzk is up, not sure if he'll come back, same with Weber. Freddy Gaudreau is up, he ought to come back.

Overall, looking good. We could probably afford a nice 2C if it comes down to it.

GoldOnGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2017, 03:59 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldOnGold View Post

Right now we have 3.57 in cap space.

Over the off-season we will lose Ribeiro (2.55), Parenteau (1.25), Fiddler (1.25), and Hunt (.6). On top of that, Fisher's contract will end (4.4), bringing us to 13.62 in cap space. Then you also have to factor in we'll lose a contract to Vegas, which will hopefully be Smith and his 4.25 hit. That brings us to 17.97 in space, which is more than enough to do everything we want and more.

Joey gets 7 X 7 or something, bringing us down to 14.97 in space.

Arvy gets 5 x 2 or something, bringing us down to 10.531 in space.

After that, the only people left to sign have much smaller likely cap hits. The only person we'll have to sign is Mazanec (to fulfill exposure requirements for the expansiond draft). Besides that, Aberg and Watson are up, and I think both should come back. Zolniercyzk is up, not sure if he'll come back, same with Weber. Freddy Gaudreau is up, he ought to come back.

Overall, looking good. We could probably afford a nice 2C if it comes down to it.
I'm not surprised if Fisher gets a bit less than that.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2017, 06:10 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'm not surprised if Fisher gets a bit less than that.
* Whispers * If we manage to win the cup, I look for Fisher to retire.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2017, 06:40 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
I don't think so. I get the feeling he wants to play another season or 2 no matter what. I don't think he's quite ready for the house husband role just yet.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2017, 08:45 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
I don't think so. I get the feeling he wants to play another season or 2 no matter what. I don't think he's quite ready for the house husband role just yet.
Plus - that's sorta a unique househusband role - trailing along with Ms. Underwood's entourage, holding her purse. Methinks he's playing until Isaiah is ready to learn hunting and fishing....

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2017, 08:52 AM
jumb0

Quote:

I'll be completely honest. If that's the sacrifice needed to get the Cup, then I am 100% on board.

jumb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2017, 08:54 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
It should be illegal for Mike Fisher's career to end that well. Everyone else, fine. Mike Fisher, no.

Old
05-18-2017, 09:07 AM
Gh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Weber View Post
Sounds about right, except to my knowledge we can't offer an 8 year deal since we didn't draft him, right?
Players can (only) sign 8 year extension to their current team, regardless of who drafted them.

Last edited by Gh24: 05-18-2017 at 09:13 AM.
Gh24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2017, 10:14 AM
Aurinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldOnGold View Post
I'm not a real preds fan, I don't know the facts, BUT if you have a team that plays like this you WILL NOT retire no matter how bad the contract is. A million dollars means exactly nothing if you have to choose between unemployment and playing with an incredible team.

The players that have the opportunity play in a team like this and choose the more profitable option are making the wrong decision.

Aurinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2017, 10:16 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurinko View Post
I'm not a real preds fan, I don't know the facts, BUT if you have a team that plays like this you WILL NOT retire no matter how bad the contract is. A million dollars means exactly nothing if you have to choose between unemployment and playing with an incredible team.

The players that have the opportunity play in a team like this and choose the more profitable option are making the wrong decision.
I think the idea was for him to go out while on top rather than fade into oblivion like 99% of all players.

Old
05-18-2017, 12:43 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I think the idea was for him to go out while on top rather than fade into oblivion like 99% of all players.
I don't think the next couple of seasons on this team will be "oblivion"...

The guy is a warrior... I'll be shocked if he walks away if he thinks he has snything left in the tank

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2017, 12:45 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I don't think the next couple of seasons on this team will be "oblivion"...

The guy is a warrior... I'll be shocked if he walks away if he thinks he has snything left in the tank
I didn't say this team, I said him. Players can be on good teams but just fade away because the other players on the team just surpass them.

Old
05-18-2017, 02:37 PM
Armourboy

Well considering there were whispers of it a few years ago, I just wouldn't find it shocking if he does.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2017, 02:49 PM
tampa pred

Most older players extend their career for a chance to win the Cup. If the Preds don't win it this year, I have little doubt that Mike will be back. If we win, I could see him retire. Let's face it, his retirement life looks pretty nice!

I would love to see Fisher signed for another 2 years to play 4th line center. Keep his minutes down, use him to take important defensive zone draws, and keep him fresh for protecting leads late in games.

tampa pred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2017, 03:19 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
Well considering there were whispers of it a few years ago, I just wouldn't find it shocking if he does.
He also ruptured his achilles a few off seasons ago. I'm guessing he came back from that injury healthier than he thought he might.