HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who should the Habs draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-19-2017, 02:08 PM
  #201
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandviper View Post
You know more than I do on Chytil. Any comparable he may project to?

Read WTK compares Norris to Kesler.

How about Boqvist and JAD?

Obviously, they may all amount to nothing, but just curious since I haven't seen much of any.
I don't get to see a lot of the prospects, so I'm not some expert. If someone wants to come in here and tell me that I'm out to lunch about any prospect then that's fine by me. But Chytil was fantastic at the U18s. High hockey IQ, both defensively and offensively, a uniformly high level of skill, great battler, great skater, and a superb playmaker.

Not sure who to compare him to, though.

NotProkofievian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 02:21 PM
  #202
sandviper
Registered User
 
sandviper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
I don't get to see a lot of the prospects, so I'm not some expert. If someone wants to come in here and tell me that I'm out to lunch about any prospect then that's fine by me. But Chytil was fantastic at the U18s. High hockey IQ, both defensively and offensively, a uniformly high level of skill, great battler, great skater, and a superb playmaker.

Not sure who to compare him to, though.
Thanks. Checked LWA's site and they compare him to Johnson.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/05/...-nhl-draft-48/

Your comments and others suggest great skating which is something we really need more of.

sandviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 09:42 AM
  #203
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 18,318
vCash: 612
Completely expecting a trade for another first round pick and the Habs taking Bowers and Comtois.

"Character" and "centres"

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 01:59 PM
  #204
NobleSix
Max Patio-Ready
 
NobleSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Vatican City
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 9,261
vCash: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post
+sergachev

Guys Sergachev, galchenyuk+1st for Nolan Patrick?

Yes, you lose sergachev but you replace galchenyuk by a future 1C right handed and big with an amazing shot
No.

I personally don't think Patrick becomes a game breaking number one center. I think he'll top out as a 1B center. He's really nowhere even near Matthews caliber. I'd rather pick Hischier over him anyway.

Trading that package for yet another prospect that we could very well fail at developing, and one that will take 2 years to even settle into being an NHLer ready to play against the best is not really something I'm interested in unless the Habs just commit to a full on rebuild.

NobleSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 02:02 PM
  #205
LastWordArmy
Registered User
 
LastWordArmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,503
vCash: 450
I'm not high on this draft. I don't move that package for a guy who talent wise (not style wise) but talent wise is probably on par with Ryan Nugent Hopkins at 1st overall, more than say Connor McDavid or Auston Matthews.

LastWordArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:20 PM
  #206
InSaNeQT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Montreal 2017 NHL Draft

With 5 picks what do we do...retool our Cs!
1 25 Kristian Vesalainen RW
2 56 Jonas Ikonen LW/C
2 58 Alexy Lipanov C
3 87 Dimitri Samoroukov LD
5 149 Alexandre Texier C

What about u guys?

InSaNeQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 01:01 AM
  #207
Treb
Moderator
 
Treb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,579
vCash: 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by InSaNeQT View Post
With 5 picks what do we do...retool our Cs!
1 25 Kristian Vesalainen RW
2 56 Jonas Ikonen LW/C
2 58 Alexy Lipanov C
3 87 Dimitri Samoroukov LD
5 149 Alexandre Texier C

What about u guys?
I don't think Vesalainen and Texier will be available at those spots.

25 Chityl/Norris/Frost C (or a falling prospect)
56 and 58 Lipanov/Geekie/Texier/Heponiemi C or Safin RW or Ikonen (doubt he's there) LW/C
87 Samorukov D or Olson C or Maxime Fortier RW or Zhukov G or Teasdale/Koltygin LW
149 Barrat/Repo C or Mihkin/Studenic RW

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 10:22 AM
  #208
sergejean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
I don't think Vesalainen and Texier will be available at those spots.

25 Chityl/Norris/Frost C (or a falling prospect)
56 and 58 Lipanov/Geekie/Texier/Heponiemi C or Safin RW or Ikonen (doubt he's there) LW/C
87 Samorukov D or Olson C or Maxime Fortier RW or Zhukov G or Teasdale/Koltygin LW
149 Barrat/Repo C or Mihkin/Studenic RW

And not sure Lipanov is available either at the end of the second round.

sergejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 10:38 AM
  #209
Feel The Rush
Registered User
 
Feel The Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 11,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Completely expecting a trade for another first round pick and the Habs taking Bowers and Comtois.

"Character" and "centres"
What happened to Comtois ? Wasn't the guy ranked top 5 in some rankings in mid 2016 ? And now he's not even top 20 or a first rounder in every rankings ?

Did the guy suck that bad this year ?

Feel The Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 10:47 AM
  #210
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Rush View Post
What happened to Comtois ? Wasn't the guy ranked top 5 in some rankings in mid 2016 ? And now he's not even top 20 or a first rounder in every rankings ?

Did the guy suck that bad this year ?
Yep, he really sucked. Not even ppg and didn't exactly excel at center. Either this is a major off year for him and he simply had no good linemates, or he's plateaued hard and this slip in production is a major red flag. I don't really see him as a center, so I'm not sure if he'd be a great fit for MTL. Looked great last year though... big risk in that pick.

Draft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 11:21 AM
  #211
Runner77
******************
 
Runner77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17,588
vCash: 10351
For those of you who didn't see it in the other thread, Jabba11 posted a fun draft tool, that's easy to use and contains several features. Here's my post about it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
From the DraftWired Simulator website. When do I start as the next Canadiens GM?

Quote:
First off, thanks for posting about this.

The site contains several neat features.

I accessed it here for free: https://www.draftwired2.com:8443/apps/dwNHL

It'll take a few seconds to load and then click on the "Sign in as Guest" tab so you don't have to register.

Next, select the Habs (or whatever team you like). Once new page opens, select the Draft Do-Over tab and then you'll a list of Habs drafted players by year. Choose a draft year and then you can substitute any selected player by whoever was available at the time. There are also other tabs of interest.

You can also sort prospects by position from the opening page. For instance, by clicking on centers you get a list according to where they think they'll get selected, including handedness, height and weight.

The site doesn't say how their data is compiled, however.

Runner77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 11:53 AM
  #212
the
Registered User
 
the's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,584
vCash: 50
Just trade it away and get something usefull.

the is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.