HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

lose. WCSF - Game 5 - Nashville at St. Louis - NSH leads 3-2

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2017, 11:51 PM
Nitrous Mafia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
0 players. Stop overreacting.
Didn't you say this one was over?

Old
05-05-2017, 11:55 PM
klt2001

Hoping for the next game our team plays like a team down 3-2 rather than up 3-2 w/ a sense of urgency, battle, and fight every shift. Except for a few players giving it their all, seemed like alot of players were sluggish/just standing around/not moving their feet/just weren't giving it their all/best effort. I can deal w/ losing but the lack of effort or guys digging deep I can't deal w/. The sense of hey I'm not leaving this place w/o a win or at least die trying seemed lacking in this game. Just didn't seem to me that that was their best effort or to where we know they are capable of playing. Seemed like they dug themselves in a hole w/ the penalties and except for the one goal just could never find their way out.

Last edited by klt2001: 05-06-2017 at 04:18 AM.
Old
05-06-2017, 03:04 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Lavy will have to adjust to the Blues aggressive forecheck they enployed to start this game. Preds couldn't handle it and get through the the neutral zone cleanly. Then once they scored to go up in the third they simply sat back and our guys looked tired and sloppy. We couldn't even get close to setting up and getting some chances. Honestly I thought Lavy leaned to hard on our top guys tonight. I haven't looked at their minutes but they looked beat.

Forsberg's chance in the third is what he lives for. He HAS to convert that. He has messed up so many opportunities this series shooting from spots we are used to see him score from. Bottom line we need some production from our forwards particularly the first line at even strength. I have zero doubt Preds will come out with their hair on fire for game 6. Get it done.
Agree. From watching the third period, every time the Preds dumped the puck in the Blues were aggressive on the forecheck and would get to the puck quickly and get it out of their zone and the Preds had no possession of the puck and had to go back to playing defense. If the Blues are going to do that, Preds are going to have to find a better way to bring the puck in to their end of the ice or be quicker at getting to the puck if they dump it in in order to help sustain possession in the offensive zone. Part of why Preds couldn't create offense is they couldn't sustain possession of the puck especially in the Blues end of the ice. Blues had the possession alot more than the Preds at least from the third period I could see. The Blues did a good job of not letting the Preds bring the puck in and forcing them to dump the puck in and when they dumped the puck in the Blues wouldn't let the Preds get to the puck but would instead hurry to the puck and either dump it out quickly or pass it out quickly to another player to bring it out. When the Preds were on the 6 on 5 they should have tried to bring the puck in instead of dumping it in especially since they had the extra attacker but instead they kept on dumping it in only for the Blues to get it and bring it out. Preds going to have to be quicker at getting to the puck if they are going to dump it in or find a way to get pass the Blues clogging up the neutral zone and bring the puck in. Hopefully if Smith can play next game he can use his speed to get pass the Blues in the neutral zone and bring the puck in. Can't help create offense if you can't sustain possession of the puck in the opponent's end. Preds are going to have to fix that if they want to be successful in the next game.

Last edited by klt2001: 05-06-2017 at 03:39 AM.
Old
05-06-2017, 04:27 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Weber View Post
well, the pressures on us now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
We know how this team handles pressure. It folds every time.
That's my fear. We know how this team plays when they don't have pressure vs when they do. W/ pressure, they tend to get sloppy and grip their sticks and force things that are there. Can only hope this team learned from the past and can finally get over that hump and learn how to play under pressure or when things aren't going their way or they have some adversity. For once I want them to be pissed off or at least calm and not fold when they are under pressure but go fight for a win rather than lose/fold when it's an important game on the line instead of being upset about it after the fact. That's a loser mentality. Here's your chance to finish off a game while you have a chance Preds now go do it. Not the time to fold but to have some killer instinct and get it done. No time to be upset/pissed off/sad or disappointed after the fact but instead use that energy during the game to bust your butt and give it all you got and go get a win while it's taking place and have the mentality that I'm not leaving this rink w/o a win or at least die trying. We have folded too long in the past in the second round. Now is the time to go seize the day. This team is more than capable of beating any team if they put their mind to it. They just need to go out and do it. At this point it's a mental game and they need to get pass this losing in big important games because they can't handle the pressure. Seems like they play better with a chip on their shoulder when they are the underdog and nobody expects them to win. They need to finally get over that hump though and beat teams just cause they are more than capable of beating teams, whether it's a big important game on the line or not or the pressure is on the line or not. The only person they have to blame if they lose this series is themselves because they are more than capable of beating any team in this league if they put their mind to it and especially the Blues. Win or lose I just want to Preds to come out w/ their best effort next game and play the way I know they are capable of playing. This game tonight definitely wasn't their best effort. The Preds worked so hard to get this far to just fold now and are more than capable of beating the Blues. Time to just go do it and finish this series off!!!! They need to have confidence and believe in themselves and work as a team/unit and play their best hockey yet. They can do this!!!

Last edited by klt2001: 05-06-2017 at 12:06 PM.
Old
05-06-2017, 05:27 AM
klt2001

Champions aren't made in gyms, they are made from something they have deep inside. A Desire, A Dream, A Vision!

Old
05-06-2017, 06:23 AM
TitansVolsPreds615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Mafia View Post
Didn't you say this one was over?
It still is. I'm not a player.

Old
05-06-2017, 07:01 AM
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
It still is. I'm not a player.
Probably why you aren't a player.

You don't say **** like that until there is no time left on the clock. I've seen it in NCAA national championship games, I've seen it in state championship games and I've certainly seen it in NHL playoff games.

Your attitude is what makes the seemingly impossible, possible. It invites bad juju. It's far safer to holster your confidence and take these things one day at a time.

Old
05-06-2017, 07:48 AM
LCPreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Yoshi View Post
Probably why you aren't a player.

You don't say **** like that until there is no time left on the clock. I've seen it in NCAA national championship games, I've seen it in state championship games and I've certainly seen it in NHL playoff games.

Your attitude is what makes the seemingly impossible, possible. It invites bad juju. It's far safer to holster your confidence and take these things one day at a time.
Bad juju from the fan base on a message board having impact on a game is all in your head.

Old
05-06-2017, 08:15 AM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPreds View Post
Bad juju from the fan base on a message board having impact on a game is all in your head.
Can I get an amen!

Old
05-06-2017, 09:10 AM
FossilFndr

Quote:
If message board bad juju had an effect .. what would the blues GDT title from last night cause??

"Potential Season Ending Epic Double-Assed GDT: "

Old
05-06-2017, 09:21 AM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator
Aspiring Sinecure

Awards:
You know, for my entire life I have been one to over-analyze things to such an extent that even I knew it wasn't rational, but sometimes this board puts even my own negative, heavy-handed analysis of situations to shame. Jesus...

We played a bad game against a good team who was desperate and was in their own building. That's it. It was a bad game, and we still had a chance to tie it and maybe win it until the end. If anyone doesn't think the Predators will be the desperate home team looking to leave it all out on the ice Sunday that's fine, but I think they are mistaken. We played a bad game. Not a single team who has won a round or a Conference or a Cup final has done so playing perfect hockey every game, and I'd venture to say that very few, if any, have gone to the end without having played to a level lower than which they are capable.

It was a bad game. Time to move on.

05-06-2017, 11:10 AM
klt2001

So should we change our lines around/mix them up or do we just go w/ the same line up but add Smith to the line up if he is ready? Wondering if we should move the Fisher line up against their top line and have Forsberg's line against their second line. What do you guys think? Just seems like our production from our forwards have gone down the further we have gotten into this series.

Last edited by klt2001: 05-06-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old
05-06-2017, 01:18 PM
LCPreds

If Smith is available he needs to be in the ice. Likely in for either Salomaki or McCleod.

Old
05-06-2017, 01:51 PM
klt2001

Well whatever happens I hope our forwards and all our players for that matter have a fire lite under them for game 6 and come out flying, battling, shooting and scoring. Hope it's their best played game ever. Don't want to see any half ass play for the next game.

Old
05-06-2017, 10:26 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
If Smith is available he needs to be in the ice. Likely in for either Salomaki or McCleod.
Based on everything that has been reported the past 48 hours, I will be shocked if he isn't in tomorrow.

Old
05-07-2017, 07:10 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 0
need a GDT for todays early game.... Jonsey, you're 7-2.. I'm all for you continuing...

05-07-2017, 07:13 AM
FossilFndr

Yeah, lets leave this negativity and keep it in check on today's' GDT. Better be a good one Jonesey, or someone on this board may over-react and bench you.

Go Preds

Last edited by FossilFndr: 05-07-2017 at 07:23 AM.
Old
05-07-2017, 07:58 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Jesus, we lost a game 5 on the road against a desperate team on the brink of elimination. Anyone watch the Caps game last night? Down 3-1 and routed PIT at home. It happens; not the end of the world.

Vamos los Perds!

Old
05-07-2017, 08:09 AM
Jonesey
Dept. of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
need a GDT for todays early game.... Jonsey, you're 7-2.. I'm all for you continuing...
I'll get it up within the next hour.

Old
05-07-2017, 08:23 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
I'll get it up within the next hour.
strong work lad!

Closed Thread