HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Habs Off-Season Discussion - Part III

View Poll Results: What does MB do to improve the C position?
Statu quo (Danault as 1C, Galchenyuk at wing or 2C) 27 20.00%
Galchenyuk as 1C, Danault as 2C 25 18.52%
Trades or signs for a 1C 48 35.56%
Trades or signs for a 2C 35 25.93%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-05-2017, 10:50 PM
Belial

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Galchenyuk will be a center. They're just putting pressure off.
I don't think he will ever be good enough to be a #1. A sheltered #2 is what I see.

Belial is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2017, 10:55 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarneylad View Post
Could be a good way to have two factions develop in the lockeroom too though. Where there is a clique that speaks a language the other guys don't
You mean, like in every rocking, Stanley cup-winning edition of the Montreal Canadiens ?

Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 01:56 AM
The Great Pateryn
Captain Cap Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaYui View Post
If we acquired him, it would mean 22 goalscorer byron on the 4th line or 3.9 million Shaw on the 4th line, which does not make sense.
If Byron scores 20 again, I'll eat a hat. You aren't winning jack with Byron in the top 6.

The Great Pateryn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 10:12 AM
7 day theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Pateryn View Post
If Byron scores 20 again, I'll eat a hat. You aren't winning jack with Byron in the top 6.
Why is it so unreasonable to think he can get 20 goals again?

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Pateryn View Post
I'd have to agree with this statement.

Love his effort, but when he's your second highest goal scorer?

Your team is lowwww on talent and won't be going far.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 10:44 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post
I don't think he will ever be good enough to be a #1. A sheltered #2 is what I see.
I'd Danault can play as the no. 1, Chucky can too.

If Therrien just let him play centre when he was younger so he could have learned the defensive side better without fear of making a mistake, he'd be a no.1 by now. Hope it's not too late and Julian can still get him to learn and develop into a rounded top centre.

He has the skill to do it, he just needs the coach to show him how.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I'd Danault can play as the no. 1, Chucky can too.

If Therrien just let him play centre when he was younger so he could have learned the defensive side better without fear of making a mistake, he'd be a no.1 by now. Hope it's not too late and Julian can still get him to learn and develop into a rounded top centre.

He has the skill to do it, he just needs the coach to show him how.
Danault can play there because he's responsible defensively but we all know he's not good enough offensively to be a #1...

I'm already tired of all the excuses made for Chucky, it's Therrien, it's Julien, it's Bergevin, it's I don't know what else... It's on him at this point!

Old
05-06-2017, 11:00 AM
Habs100

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarneylad View Post
He is UFA at years end. Which makes him a good deadline rental that they can turn into a prospect and pick. Depending on prices of course

If he's on our roster, I hope that's what we do, no matter where we are in the standings.

Habs100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 11:00 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Danault can play there because he's responsible defensively but we all know he's not good enough offensively to be a #1...

I'm already tired of all the excuses made for Chucky, it's Therrien, it's Julien, it's Bergevin, it's I don't know what else... It's on him at this point!
The teaching, and development of Chucky has been abysmal...none of that is on Chucky...but he needs to double down on his efforts as he moves forward, that is on him...

CJ is the right coach for this, if Bargain Bin doesn't trade Chucky...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 11:03 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:

Yet you'll constantly find excuses for Casper who's had many more opportunities to produce but never does in a big game.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 11:22 AM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
The teaching, and development of Chucky has been abysmal...none of that is on Chucky...but he needs to double down on his efforts as he moves forward, that is on him...

CJ is the right coach for this, if Bargain Bin doesn't trade Chucky...
How come he's the only one that has no clue defensively out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Yet you'll constantly find excuses for Casper who's had many more opportunities to produce but never does in a big game.
Casper is the point leader on this team for the last 6 seasons! I mean come on man...

Old
05-06-2017, 12:41 PM
shutehinside

Quote:

It's really not an excuse. Chucky has been a huge disappointment until now based mostly on his lack of defensive awareness in the defensive zone. His point totals when playing centre are quite good and he was rocking close to a point a game while at centre from last season to this season.

Like the old adage says, you can teach defence but you can't teach a player to score score goals. No one ever bothered to show him how to play defence! And by no one I mean Therrien.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 06:51 PM
Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 06:54 PM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
It's really not an excuse. Chucky has been a huge disappointment until now based mostly on his lack of defensive awareness in the defensive zone. His point totals when playing centre are quite good and he was rocking close to a point a game while at centre from last season to this season.

Like the old adage says, you can teach defence but you can't teach a player to score score goals. No one ever bothered to show him how to play defence! And by no one I mean Therrien.
Yeah sure! In 5 years no one told him to not puck watch when the play is in his zone...

Old
05-06-2017, 07:00 PM
Apoplectic Habs Fan

Quote:
Yeah sure! In 5 years no one told him to not puck watch when the play is in his zone...
Watching the defensman under 5 yrs of Therrien and months of Julien and the difference you see, there might be a lot of things that wasnt said or wasnt able to teach

Apoplectic Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoplectic Habs Fan View Post
Watching the defensman under 5 yrs of Therrien and months of Julien and the difference you see, there might be a lot of things that wasnt said or wasnt able to teach
You can think Therrien is the worst coach in the world and he would still tell him to not puck watch...

Old
05-06-2017, 07:34 PM
NobleSix
Max Patio-Ready

Belial can you please do us a favour and stop turning every thread that you post in into a Chucky bashing thread? I'm not even trying to bash you, it's just starting to get old.

Move on man, we all know your views on this. You don't have to reply to every post that says they see Chuck as a center. Just ignore it at this point, you're beating a dead horse into dust.

NobleSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 08:06 PM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleSix View Post
Belial can you please do us a favour and stop turning every thread that you post in into a Chucky bashing thread? I'm not even trying to bash you, it's just starting to get old.

Move on man, we all know your views on this. You don't have to reply to every post that says they see Chuck as a center. Just ignore it at this point, you're beating a dead horse into dust.
My posts are getting quoted so I reply to them...

Old
05-06-2017, 08:25 PM
Apoplectic Habs Fan

Quote:
You can think Therrien is the worst coach in the world and he would still tell him to not puck watch...
Maybe Therrien didnt say anything and thats the problem. Maybe he isnt a good coach and cant see the problem

You give a lot credit for a guy who couldnt tell his defense to cover the man in the slot the last 5 yrs

Apoplectic Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 08:27 PM
sheed36

I was kinda expecting some Habs assistant coaches and the entire AHL coaching staff to have been let go by now. Wasn't Lefebvre's contract up this season?

It's way past time for a change in the AHL so hopefully the Habs clean house down there. JJD and Lacroix need to go as well. Enough of the country club crap and trying to stay loyal to your friends MB. MT should've been long gone way before but you finally pulled the trigger on him. Now start with others as well.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Adam Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I was kinda expecting some Habs assistant coaches and the entire AHL coaching staff to have been let go by now. Wasn't Lefebvre's contract up this season?

It's way past time for a change in the AHL so hopefully the Habs clean house down there. JJD and Lacroix need to go as well. Enough of the country club crap and trying to stay loyal to your friends MB. MT should've been long gone way before but you finally pulled the trigger on him. Now start with others as well.
With Lefebvre's contract up, I would think he would have already been extended if they intended on keeping him around. I'm under the impression they will explore other options. I'm hoping that MB is waiting for Joel Bouchard to finish his playoffs with the Armada so he can have talks with him.

As for JJD and Lacroix, I also thought they would have already made an announcement. But I don't take the radio silence as an indication they are being kept. CJ may have some guys he wants to talk to but either they are still coaching somewhere (NHL playoffs or elsewhere) so he is also waiting on their availability.

Adam Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 10:33 PM
MontrealPredators

What will MB do this summer to adress the need at C?

I think BargainBin knows that Danault isn't a first line center, but does he trust Galchenyuk enough? Does he come back with the same center line in the top 6 next year? Or does he trade and sign for one.

MontrealPredators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 10:35 PM
Seb
Michel Therrien

Get fired would be a start

Seb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 10:39 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Get fired would be a start

He would get that best GM award for that alone.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 10:39 PM
sheed36

He's gonna sign DD back to center the 1st line and this board will go into total meltdown mode.

Seriously though I'm not expecting him to do much to address this yet again and we'll hear the same trades are hard and there's none available type stuff yet again.

I have zero confidence in MB as the GM of the Habs anymore.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote