HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wish we had our Marc Savard back

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2006, 01:20 AM
maris

vCash: 500
Wish we had our Marc Savard back

He's a center that we should have never traded.

Old
02-16-2006, 01:50 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by maris
He's a center that we should have never traded.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old
02-16-2006, 01:52 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this is everything this team is against, if ur not a team guy goodbye, we dont need u. only team players allowed on the rangers.

Old
02-16-2006, 06:47 AM
Synergy27

The growth and maturation that Savard has experienced in his post-Ranger years are something that he probably would not have received had he stayed in New York. He is obviously a much different, and better, player today than he was when he was a Ranger, but I would rather see a more physical center brought in to play the #1 or #1a spot next season - Olli Jokinen.

Old
02-16-2006, 12:17 PM
Edge

I think it's sometimes important to remember that what a player becomes elsewhere is not necessarily what he'd become here.

It's a lot like all of our jobs really. They just happen to have everyone watch them.

Old
02-16-2006, 12:57 PM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27
The growth and maturation that Savard has experienced in his post-Ranger years are something that he probably would not have received had he stayed in New York. He is obviously a much different, and better, player today than he was when he was a Ranger, but I would rather see a more physical center brought in to play the #1 or #1a spot next season - Olli Jokinen.
I would love to see us get a true #1 center like Jokinen next year, and some people have actually thrown around hte idea of making a trade for him this season. I'd certainly wait til the offseason to obtain him considering the price that Keenan will want will be a king's ransom. Another guy I would actually rather have than Olli would be Brad Richards(UFA coming up).

Overall I really don't think Sather will make some crazy move for a guy like Richards or Jokinen. They would absolutely increase the skill level up front, but with Nylander, Rucchin, Moore, Betts(coming back after the Olympics) we are very deep down the middle. We need a 7th defenseman and hopefully Sather can get a battle tested vet come the trade deadline.

Old
02-16-2006, 01:22 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerSteve
We need a 7th defenseman and hopefully Sather can get a battle tested vet come the trade deadline.
Strudwick SHOULD be our 7th d-man. We really need a #5/6 guy.

Old
02-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
this is everything this team is against, if ur not a team guy goodbye, we dont need u. only team players allowed on the rangers.
Which means what? Savard has matured into a pesky, team first, great passing, good scoring (6th in the nHL), do everything he can 1st line C that gets along great with teamates and his coach..

Maybe in the offseason..

Old
02-16-2006, 01:32 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Strudwick SHOULD be our 7th d-man. We really need a #5/6 guy.
Agree 100% and with another D-man likely to get injured, our need for a D-man better then Strudwick and one who can play good to decent minutes every night is the biggest need we have for the POs (in my eyes)....The PF and/or top 6 C will have to wait for next year..Still, I wouldn't rule out vet forward depth also..

Closed Thread