HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Van/Rangers Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2006, 06:21 PM
sdbullet

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sdbullet
Van/Rangers Proposal

With Jovo potentially leaving Vancouver as a free agent after this season and the Rangers losing Steve Rucchin to UFA as well, how about the following trade:

Rangers get: Artem Chubarov
Canucks get: Karel Rachunek

Chubarov will not get any significant playing time with Morrison, Kesler and Sedin entrenched as the top 3 centers. Rachunek would be a solid #4 defenceman on this playing along side someone like Bryan Allen. Chubarov would have a strong shot at a 3rd line checking center job with the Rangers competing against the likes of Dominic Moore. Both players are of similar age and salary, so it may be a trade that works out for both teams.

Future D-pairings:

Ohlund-Salo
Allen-Rachunek
?????-Bieksa

Old
02-16-2006, 06:23 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbullet
With Jovo potentially leaving Vancouver as a free agent after this season and the Rangers losing Steve Rucchin to UFA as well, how about the following trade:

Rangers get: Artem Chubarov
Canucks get: Karel Rachunek

Chubarov will not get any significant playing time with Morrison, Kesler and Sedin entrenched as the top 3 centers. Rachunek would be a solid #4 defenceman on this playing along side someone like Bryan Allen. Chubarov would have a strong shot at a 3rd line checking center job with the Rangers competing against the likes of Dominic Moore. Both players are of similar age and salary, so it may be a trade that works out for both teams.

Future D-pairings:

Ohlund-Salo
Allen-Rachunek
?????-Bieksa

Chubarev doesn't do a whole lot for the Rangers.

02-16-2006, 06:29 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Plus we don't know how much Rachunek is gonna to command seeing that he is not under salary for this year. I say we hold on to him and sign him, providing he wants to play in New York. If not, package him in a bigger deal for a good, solid and YOUNG centerman that can be the first line pivot we need OR in a deal to move up in the draft to select a francise centerman

Old
02-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Zil

How long does our control over Rachunek last?

Old
02-16-2006, 06:39 PM
nyr7andcounting

We've already got Rucchin, Betts and Moore as 3rd line centers. Next season we have both Betts and Moore. No need for Chubarov

Old
02-16-2006, 06:40 PM
eco's bones

Rachunek would probably figure in your top 4 on D so I don't think Chubarov is quite enough. We've got plenty of 3rd liners but if we were to take one of those how about Matt Cooke? He's a player I like.

Last edited by eco's bones: 02-16-2006 at 06:40 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old
02-16-2006, 08:13 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

He could be a valuable chip in a trade

come draft day if we attempt to move up into the top 5.

Old
02-16-2006, 08:29 PM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
I'll pass on Chubarov. While NYR may lose Rucchin as a UFA there still is a heavy possibility of resigning him for another year. Also like others have said, Rachunek has more value than a 4th liner like Chubarov. He's just another valuable chip which could lead to a very good/key potential deal.

Old
02-16-2006, 09:44 PM
robertch

I think Rachunek is a solid player who is going do impress a lot of people if and when he returns to the NHL. still feel the rangers should sign him for next year, but if it's true that he's not interested in playing here then I can only hope we turn him into something worthwhile. That doesn't neccessarily mean his trade value is higher than a guy like Chubarov, but I hope we do better if his rights are traded.

I have a feeling Rachunek could be another Zidlicky.

Old
02-17-2006, 08:57 AM
shoothepuck

The Rangers don't need Chubarov, and Rachunek may come to his senses and decide to play in the NHL.

Old
02-17-2006, 09:30 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerSteve
While NYR may lose Rucchin as a UFA there still is a heavy possibility of resigning him for another year.
Why would there be a heavy possibility? There should be no possibility of Rucchin coming back. He is not a 2nd line center and will be what, 36 next year? There is simply no room for him.

Old
02-17-2006, 11:55 AM
xander

I don't think Rachunek has much of a future in New York and I'm very open to moving him. However, I don't see what Chubarov is going to do in New York. TheRangers need a #1 or a #2 guy, Chubarov isn't really what they're looking for. If you want to replace him with a 2nd round pick then I think there would be somthing to talk about.

Old
02-17-2006, 12:53 PM
SML

Rachunek has no trade value right now because any team that tries to get him would have to pass him through waivers in order to have him join them, and there's no way he makes it through. I would think that most teams looking to deal right now are either looking to sell rental players or looking to pick them up to bolster for the playoffs. We should wait on Rachunek right now. He's just the sort of guy we could use, but contractually locked himself up elsewhere. He would instantly become our best puckmover/offensive defenseman. I think the way we've emerged into the place to be for Czech hockey players can't hurt either. I wouldn't move him now, I'd wait until the offseason to try and get him here, and if he's deadset against it, then at least you can open the offer to all the other teams rather than just the ones who will trade an asset for a guy who can't help right away.

Old
02-17-2006, 01:10 PM
robertch

my sentiments exactly.

Old
02-17-2006, 01:11 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
Rachunek has no trade value right now because any team that tries to get him would have to pass him through waivers in order to have him join them, and there's no way he makes it through. I would think that most teams looking to deal right now are either looking to sell rental players or looking to pick them up to bolster for the playoffs. We should wait on Rachunek right now. He's just the sort of guy we could use, but contractually locked himself up elsewhere. He would instantly become our best puckmover/offensive defenseman. I think the way we've emerged into the place to be for Czech hockey players can't hurt either. I wouldn't move him now, I'd wait until the offseason to try and get him here, and if he's deadset against it, then at least you can open the offer to all the other teams rather than just the ones who will trade an asset for a guy who can't help right away.
Very good idea.

Old
02-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Why would there be a heavy possibility? There should be no possibility of Rucchin coming back. He is not a 2nd line center and will be what, 36 next year? There is simply no room for him.
I agree. Re-signing Rucchin would be a stupid move. He's not a 2nd line center anymore, he's unable to win important draws consistantly and he's lost quite a bit of foot speed. What would he bring to the Rangers next year that a younger player would not?

Closed Thread